Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Recommendations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

FM11 starting a LoI game with Drogheda Utd, any player recommendations?

Can't really remember, but Joe Lapira and Terry Dixon were decent, and free transfers. I think anyway!

^^^

Ronan Finn too if possible. Liam Kearney and Clive Delaney may be free. I can't really remember.

Oh and a Brazilian called Cristiano who plays for some Maltese side. All class for LOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There's another Brazilian striker named Denilson. I signed him for Sligo Rovers and he is fantastic if you can get him.

I tried to get Cristiano to partner him up front after reading about him here but I could never get a deal done!

http://omg.wthax.org/denilson.png

Was it you that originally posted about Cristiano Oatesy? I remember reading a post here, scouting em, and then signing em, and being delighted :D

Nei was another cool Brazilian!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

FM11 starting a LoI game with Drogheda Utd, any player recommendations?

John Paul Kelly was pretty good too. He's free IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Was it you that originally posted about Cristiano Oatesy? I remember reading a post here, scouting em, and then signing em, and being delighted :D

Nei was another cool Brazilian!

Nah, I thought it was you! Must have been another guy we both got it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sandro, Brazilian DM who plays for Spurs
    Spurs bought him for 8 mill when the game loads up, I bought him a few seasons in 4 mill for Newcastle. I was lucky, your price will depend
    Beast of a player, sold to Inter for 30 million four seasons after I got him

Tim Krul, GK, Newcastle
    Turns into one of the top keepers in the Premiership
    Cost about 8 million, worth it if you've cash and need a keeper. He's young so he can serve you for several years

Dominic Johnston, centre back for Crystal Palace
    He's a young un, only 16. Snap him up, give him a season or two on loan and in time will be an England international, excellent player

Jack Robinson, left back, Liverpool
    Good player but very, very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Two signings that I've made this season with united have turned out very fruitful.

Marko Marin
    Signed for €17m. I was looking for someone young able to play both as an advanced playmaker on the right and left wing. All my scouting and analysis pointed to either Hazard or this guy. Hazard was proving very expensive. So I picked up Marin, the fee escalated and I have to say I kinda instantly regretted it at such a high fee for what I wanted to use as a support player.

Gently bedded him in pre-season, as I normally start with Young on the Left and Nani on the right. He did well but was looking a bit raw. The last five games Nani has been out injured and Marin has started on the right of my formation, and scored twice and made 7 assists.

I'm also starting him in European games resting Young and he has 2 goals and 4 assists in three games.

Very happy with the purchase and being so young, has plenty to offer in the seasons to come.

Hamsik
    My formation requires a very intellegent and top class advanced playmaker in the centre to destroy opponents. I had Anderson and Cleverly in the squad, but figured I'd deploy Cleverly in a backup role, and I wanted someone with a bit more. Hamsik was recommended by a friend and after doing some due dilligence looked to be a good buy.

The negotiations were long and tedious and I ended up splashing out close to £30m for the playmaker. I was tempted by VanDerVart from previous FM games, but with Hamsik at a young age he looked to be one for the future.

He seemed to settle instantly and was bagging an assist pretty much every game. I've been trouncing opponents and he was coming up with the goods and was a star signing. Unfortunately on international duty he picked up another injury ruling him out for three months, after previously been out for two weeks with an injury again picked up on international duty.

Will be giving him some firm international instructions and will be letting him get some rest bite until I feel hes fully recovered.

Anderson
    In the absence of Hamsik has slotted into my advanced playmaker role and been playing a stormer. Hasn't scored many but his pass completion and assists are off the chart. A romping force each and every game. He has firmly won his place from Hamsik and has me at times wondering why I splashed out the £30m for Hamsik without giving this guy a chance.

On the look for
    I feel I'm a bit light in the LB and RB areas. I've got Fabio as my main LB and Smalling as my main RB. I deploy De Laet as cover and when these guys need a rest. Smalling seems to be a little prone to injury (real life much?) so I want to get some cover. Rafeal was out long term when game started. I know both twins will become pretty good but for short term and long term want some cover

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

if your starting out with an irish club, you should definitely sigh Jamil Adam, serious goalscorer with 4/5 potential, only 20 too

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

and he is a free agent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Bressan - An amazing little playmaker for about 1 million. I signed him for Southampton and one year later I've received a bid of 10 million from Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tully86

Julian Draxler. Paid 20m for him. pricey but instantly got man u 15 goals and 10 assists in 1st season!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

TheDoc wrote: »
    Two signings that I've made this season with united have turned out very fruitful.

Marko Marin
    Signed for €17m. I was looking for someone young able to play both as an advanced playmaker on the right and left wing. All my scouting and analysis pointed to either Hazard or this guy. Hazard was proving very expensive. So I picked up Marin, the fee escalated and I have to say I kinda instantly regretted it at such a high fee for what I wanted to use as a support player.

Gently bedded him in pre-season, as I normally start with Young on the Left and Nani on the right. He did well but was looking a bit raw. The last five games Nani has been out injured and Marin has started on the right of my formation, and scored twice and made 7 assists.

I'm also starting him in European games resting Young and he has 2 goals and 4 assists in three games.

Very happy with the purchase and being so young, has plenty to offer in the seasons to come.

Hamsik
    My formation requires a very intellegent and top class advanced playmaker in the centre to destroy opponents. I had Anderson and Cleverly in the squad, but figured I'd deploy Cleverly in a backup role, and I wanted someone with a bit more. Hamsik was recommended by a friend and after doing some due dilligence looked to be a good buy.

The negotiations were long and tedious and I ended up splashing out close to £30m for the playmaker. I was tempted by VanDerVart from previous FM games, but with Hamsik at a young age he looked to be one for the future.

He seemed to settle instantly and was bagging an assist pretty much every game. I've been trouncing opponents and he was coming up with the goods and was a star signing. Unfortunately on international duty he picked up another injury ruling him out for three months, after previously been out for two weeks with an injury again picked up on international duty.

Will be giving him some firm international instructions and will be letting him get some rest bite until I feel hes fully recovered.

Anderson
    In the absence of Hamsik has slotted into my advanced playmaker role and been playing a stormer. Hasn't scored many but his pass completion and assists are off the chart. A romping force each and every game. He has firmly won his place from Hamsik and has me at times wondering why I splashed out the £30m for Hamsik without giving this guy a chance.

On the look for
    I feel I'm a bit light in the LB and RB areas. I've got Fabio as my main LB and Smalling as my main RB. I deploy De Laet as cover and when these guys need a rest. Smalling seems to be a little prone to injury (real life much?) so I want to get some cover. Rafeal was out long term when game started. I know both twins will become pretty good but for short term and long term want some cover

Any suggestions?

LB-Alex Sandro, Baines, Bale,Olsson, Christian Ansaldi
    RB-Seb Corchia, Romario, Cesar Azpillcueta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just started playing this game for the first time ever. Havent played any of the FM/CM versions since about 2004 so I'm struggling to keep my head above water.

Took my first job as manager of AFC Wimdledon last night.

No budget to speak of, so If anyone can recommend loans/frees that would be willing to sign for a Npower league 2 team I'd really appreciate it.

Just started playing this game for the first time ever. Havent played any of the FM/CM versions since about 2004 so I'm struggling to keep my head above water.

No budget to speak of, so If anyone can recommend loans/frees that would be willing to sign for a Npower league 2 team I'd really appreciate it.

Pablo Counago may sign for cheap enough. Think he starts out as a free transfer!

Pablo Counago

Try the following on frees\loans

Jose Baxter
    Scott Allan
    Rory Donnelly
    Matt James
    Ben Alnwick
    Joao Silva (Jan window maybe)
    Franck Moussa
    Goran Lovre
    Steven Thicot
    Krisztian Adorjan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Bressan - An amazing little playmaker for about 1 million. I signed him for Southampton and one year later I've received a bid of 10 million from Everton.

He's the guy who plays for BATE Borisov isn't he? He's impressed me in the Champions League.

He's the guy who plays for BATE Borisov isn't he? He's impressed me in the Champions League.
    Yeah, another player I forgot to add is Adam Vass. I got him for around 500k in my first season and hes an absolute brick wall in DM!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭naitsirhc

Edinson Cavani. You'll pay just north of 30 million, but put him up front on his own as a Target Man with wingers and watch him score goals for fun. Had him for five years and he scored 30/40 goals each year. Goals to games ratio is phenomenal.

In terms of defenders I still can't get it right. Dédé is a good buy (~15 mil) but I can't find a good partner for him (I usually manage Arsenal).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Nicolas Otamendi off Porto is a class CB

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Nicolas Otamendi off Porto is a class CB

Salvatore Bocchetti
    Mats Hummels
    Mamadou Sakho
    Douglas
    Astori
    Kjaer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Jamil Adam is an unreal striker.Karl Shepherd aswell.You can loan him from Reading Reserves.Karim Rossi and Alessandro Pellicori are very good aswell.

Matteo Alberti is a good right midfielder.He scores loads of goals for me.Andy Geggan is a very good centre midfielder. He can play right back aswell.

Scot Thompson is a very good but aging centre back.My second top scorer all season.I think he has 12 goals from centre back and its only January. Lethal from corners.

I'm top of League 2 now with these players. Should get promotion pretty handily.

All of these players are either free or will cost you max of 5k.You wont have to contribute any wages if you get them on loan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'd put in a good word for Jamal as well. To be honest, used him in fm2010 as well and did alright in the lower leagues there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Conor Coady and Oliver Norwood are good shouts. Get yourself a parent club also. Could get some good loan players as a result. Izzy Iriekpen if he's still hanging around. These are all based on FM11.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thanks lads, these are great. Only went with a medium db but most of them are there and i'm busy making offers left, right and centre back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Between Dede and Hummels, which would you go for if managing Utd.

Also is there a young lad CB maybe on the cheap that becomes unreal at some stage.

donalg1 wrote: »

Also is there a young lad CB maybe on the cheap that becomes unreal at some stage.
    I had Hummels a long time ago, hated him. I'd rather have Howedes, Kjaer or Bocchetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

TheDoc wrote: »
    On the look for

Any suggestions?

Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo is a great young cheap versatile RB
    Romario is really good too
    donalg1 wrote: »

Kara is valued at £975K and becomes a beast but is best suited to DMC

Kyriakos Papadopoulos from Schalke is quality and young but not very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

tvercetti wrote: »
    Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo is a great young cheap versatile RB
    Romario is really good too

Kara is valued at £975K and becomes a beast but is best suited to DMC

Kyriakos Papadopoulos from Schalke is quality and young but not very cheap

Will have a look at Kara sounds like a right buy

Advertisement