Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Recommendations.

Options
  • 21-11-2010 8:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Time for a fresh start as the new Football Manager is out.

Post here players you would recommend people to sign, be it free transfers or world class players. Anything goes.

Make sure you add position and role you've placed him in.

*I'll update this with a list as soon as people start posting.

Players (General, young/old etc.)

Lukaku - Forward
    -Danny Wilson - CB
    -Pato - CF
    -Alexis Sanchez - ST/AM
    -Juan Manuel Mata - AM
    -Eden Dzeko - CF
    -Marek Hamsik - AM
    -Toni Kroos - AM (He was the best player in 2010 for many many years so I will assume the same in 11)
    -Rene Adler - GK
    -Gonzalo Berseggio - ST
    -Matej Delac - GK
    -Neymar - ST
    -Eden Hazard

LOI

-Joseph Lapira - ST
    -Ronan Finn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Romelu Lukaku - Looking for the next Didier Drogba? Look no further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Obviously this is gonna depend on what level your playing at, like, Premier League or League of Ireland :D

Joseph Lapira, signed as a free transfer and bagged 28 goals in 32 games. Absolute quality. For St Pats too btw...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Another player I forgot is Kevin (19yo). Cant remember he's team but it was a Spanish team.

Great playmaker who dominates the Championship league and just about can play at Premier league. Only 2mil and grows into a passing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Kara is a very good signing, African player playing in Norway iirc, worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Gonzalo Berseggio- fiery argentinian striker i signed for zenit- banged in the goals all season and provided plenty of assists as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭granty1892

Eden Hazard

may cost you £16m but has the potential to be a world class player

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

good to see a pats mean there!! I'm waiting for christmas for the full version but i have the demo..
    You can get most of this youngsters on loan.
    Try Jose Baxter
    Jack Rodwell
    Aidan White
    James McCarthy

It really depends on what league and club you are in ya know?
    The Liverpool reserves have a number of quality yougfella aswell as the Spanish League.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Matej Delac, turns into a top class keeper, not sure how much he is available for.

Josh McEachran - 17 at the start of the game, fantastic midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Neymar, brazilian striker, absolutely unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

You can add Ronan Finn to the LOI list. You'd probably have to pay 100k-ish for him but he's worth every penny. I'd say he's probably good enough to play Championship in the game.

• Advertisement

God damn, cant edit the original post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Vagner Love-- Not exactly a goal Machine, but he is so man for the assists.So far this season, and im only half way through he has 8 assists.Picked him up for 5.5 mill.

David Luiz- Centre Defender or Left back..Picked him up for 4.7 mill.Excellent Long throw..

Luis Suarez-- Picked him up for 5.5 mill..Fantastic player..His value has risen to 10 mill..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Strikers

Yaya Sanogo
    David Babacar
    Iker Munian
    Vaclav Kadlec

All turn out to be World Class

Midfielders

Yann M'Vila
    Javier Pastore
    Paulo Henrique

Latter 2 turn out World Class

Defenders

Lucas Digne - World Class
    Ryan Shawcross
    Fabio Coentrou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Pastore is magic....just magic, buy him. Best player in the world in my game 4 seasons in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Lads, je's just won me the champions league. Read on a random forum recently that he was a 'plant' player, as in, plays well and above his stats.

In his 5 seasons with me his average performance is 7.55.

Lads, as a drunken xmas tip, SIGN HIM!!!

Merry Xmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah Shawcross is a rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Lisandro Lopez=Goal machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Arturo Vidal - Picked him up in my game for 5 million cos he fell out with the coach at Bayern.

He's a beast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Lads can anyone recommend a good striker for a struggling premier league team that can bang in the goals? Got a budget of around 3M.

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Lads can anyone recommend a good striker for a struggling premier league team that can bang in the goals? Got a budget of around 3M.

You might be able to sign Yaya Sanogo. Young french striker from AJ Auxerre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

GK - smithies. Great keeper, can be bought for about 1mil early on and will go on to be englands no.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Sponsored RYAN

kadlec ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Phil Jones of Blackburn

Words cannot describe how brilliant he is

Also, and I cannot rate him highly enough, and IF you can sign him... FM 09 & 10 legend, Toni Kroos of Bayern. Ridiculously difficult to sign due to his love for the club, but if you do, he is an absolute gem of a player.

^Tried to sign Phil Jones, rejected my 20m bid. Maybe next year untill I unsettle him.

Its impossible to sign Kroos. Can never get him to sign a contract despite the club accepting the fee.

If your looking for a poor mans Messi, theirs a young guy called Pablo Piatti playing for Almerìa. Primary postions are AML/AMC but can also play on the right and as a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Javier Pastore is God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Jonah42 wrote: »

Adam Rooney or Leigh Griffiths.

People should also sign Lucas, AM from Sao Paulo, Rafael Toloi who is a CB, Tom Cairney, CM from Hull.

Signed all 3 for my Manchester United team and Lucas and Cairney now start despite being 17 and 19 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

You can add Ronan Finn to the LOI list. You'd probably have to pay 100k-ish for him but he's worth every penny. I'd say he's probably good enough to play Championship in the game.

This is funny, I used to play schoolboy football with Ronan Finn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Lisandro Lopez will get you 25+ goals a season. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

this is for the feb update for champ manager 01/02

craig bellamy is unreal,great stats is unhappy at city so you can get him for 2 million.

Advertisement