Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowen to address the nation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

D-Generate wrote: »
    Does anyone want to be so kind so as to stream Vincent Browns show tonight? Alas I can't get TV3 here in London but would love to see it.

http://www.tv3.ie/live.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I didn't even know there was going to be a conference. I've been listening to the news all day and nothing! When did they give the notice?

They didn't...first I heard of it was ~6.30pm by text

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

D-Generate wrote: »
    Does anyone want to be so kind so as to stream Vincent Browns show tonight? Alas I can't get TV3 here in London but would love to see it.

Per twitter:

If you want to watch Vincent Browne tonite #vinb outside Ireland, www.tv3.ie has it live online, not restricted to Ireland IPs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Collie D wrote: »
    Protestors attacking Cowen's car on Sky News....last thing we need

Agreed. We don't have the money to fix his Merc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

marcsignal wrote: »
    I know what the post of the day will be tomorrow! :D

Anyhoo, according to the politics forum, guests on VB tonight will be Garret Fitzgerald, Michael Taft, Pat Rabitte, Fionan Sheahan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,329 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

bonerm wrote: »
    Agreed. We don't have the money to fix his Merc.

Haha, thanks - I needed a laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Javiero wrote: »
    RTE are advertising terminal 2 Dublin airport like mad. As if that's going to help us when tourists will be afraid to come here :(

Are the DAA not advertising T2 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

Anyone watching Sky. See the Gardai outside the 3 ring circus aka Govt Buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Lads don't get distracted from the real issue with RTEs ****e coverage... Maybe also send a letter to your TD etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

top story on Al Jazeera!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Hey everybody, just woke up from a 4 year coma. What did I miss?

Erm, no-one drinks chai-lattes 6 times a day any more.

Only really brainy programming people have IT jobs now. :(

'Ladies-who-lunch' have all but become extinct except for small gaggles near the coastlines, but even here the herds have thinned and since they can no longer afford salons and botox they're more 'hags who haggle' and secretly shoplift in Lidl.

Immigration has been replaced by emmigration.

Bertie lives in a cupbourd, no-one likes him.

A fat bloke called Brian Clown is in charge, no-one likes him.

Now everyone watches the news and reads the papers, even the words!

Cooking is the new 'eating out'

We didn't qualify for the world cup, but there is a cute little Italian man in charge now.

Whatever your house was worth before, you now owe that to the bank.

The bank, hmmm, there is nothing but huge big debts where the banks were.

There's no more building. Everyone now queue's for a living, well, I say living......

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

What was quite shocking was that the Irish flag was missing! Anybody else has noticed that? Prime minister of the country speaking to the Irish Nation with only EU colors and flag in the background.

Anyone watching Sky. See the Gardai outside the 3 ring circus aka Govt Buildings?

personally I feel those guards should come down with the blue flu and walk away from protecting these crooks. Dont they realise this affects them and their families too???

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toobeyshaw

I am not ashamed to say that I feel really sad and upset about all of this. The country I love reduced to looking like a joke on the world news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Volthar wrote: »
    What was quite shocking was that the Irish flag was missing!

Get used to it.

What was quite shocking was that the Irish flag was missing! Anybody else has noticed that? Prime minister of the country speaking to the Irish Nation with only EU colors and flag in the background.

they trampled all over the flag, Volthar, thats why they couldnt use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Protester hit by ministerial car according to bbc news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Delighted Cowen's car was attacked.
    Maybe he'll finally realise just how angry he has made the people of this country.

The Eirigi mob outside Leinster House had nicked it and used it to bash the bonnet of Cowen's Merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

themadhair wrote: »
    complaints@rte.ie

To whom it may concern,

Earlier this evening there was a press conference wherein the Taoiseach and finance minister of our country told us, the Irish people, that Ireland had formally asked the EU for financial aid. Despite the importance of this event I have to say that I am absolutely livid at RTE and how they covered the event. There are two major bones of contention that have disappointed me greatly;

1) Your journalist asked the first questions off the Taoiseach and the finance minister. Despite this opportunity, your journalist asked the most irrelevant questions of the conference. It is astounding to me that the BBC journalist could display more understanding and solidarity with the Irish people in his questioning than could the RTE journalist.

2) RTE cut their coverage of the conference short, particularly when the hard questions wanted by the Irish people were being asked. Given the importance of this event I am staggered at the editorial decision taken by RTE to cut their coverage of the questioning short.

RTE has a responsibility to keep the Irish people informed of political developments, and that responsibility was shirked tonight. That many people on internet forums learned more details regarding this press conference, and could access the conference in full, on foreign channels rather than the national broadcaster is a disgrace.

The Irish people who pay their licences to fund RTE deserved better.

Regards,

Done and recommended to tothers to send also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭alanatoday

It wasn't missing. The european flag just happened to be nearest brian cowen for the close-up shots. On a wider angle both flags can be seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh yeah, Cowen said we will be returning to 2006 tax rates. Does anyone remember what the tax rates were in 2006?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Thank you Fianna Fail for ****ing up our country with your greed!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

jesus dont get the CT crowd started.:rolleyes:

Delighted Cowen's car was attacked.
    Maybe he'll finally realise just how angry he has made the people of this country.

There is no room for thuggish behaviour in this country, broke or not! The type of people who carry on like that have no place in society. Attacking cars and throwing paint over women or eggs at bankers is criminal behaviour and not a valid form of protest. People who engage in those activities probably don't even vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Oh yeah, Cowen said we will be returning to 2006 tax rates. Does anyone remember what the tax rates were in 2006?

http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/budget/2006/income-tax.html

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

alanatoday wrote: »
    It wasn't missing. The european flag just happened to be nearest brian cowen for the close-up shots. On a wider angle both flags can be seen.

Fair enough, I had to put my little one to bed when the other gob****e started and missed the flag. Sorry for stirring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Collie D wrote: »
    There is no room for thuggish behaviour in this country, broke or not! The type of people who carry on like that have no place in society. Attacking cars and throwing paint over women or eggs at bankers is criminal behaviour and not a valid form of protest. People who engage in those activities probably don't even vote.

I disagree to an extent, mass protest and impeding the movement of a vehicle is not an offense IMO.

The behaviour of the guards outside Leinster house pushing a Cameraman and all is though.

We need to head to Leinster house in the Morning and get this shameless guiltless treasonous bunch of hounds out.

Watching Sky News now. There seems to be a pretty heavy Garda presence with a few people out protesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Javiero

2006 tax bands went to higher level @ 32k I think for single. newly married etc

chop chop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement