Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowen to address the nation

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

laurel and hardy more like.

we need charlie chaplin - where is he when we n eed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Duh...I dunno..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Looks like he fell asleep..

Edit: looks like independent.ie removed the pic. Attached here so.

i'd prefere if biffo got this kind of injection from the IMF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

marcsignal wrote: »
    i'd prefere if biffo got this kind of injection from the IMF

Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

marcsignal wrote: »

Amazing. It angers me that Cowen and co can be so god damn arrogant that they refuse to accept any responsibility for this mess. If the man cared one jot about this country he'd step aside. But hes hanging in there for dear life to get that ministerial pension :rolleyes:
    The only good thing that can coem fo this IMF bailout **** is that hopefully, once and for all, itll put an end to FF. Who in their right mind will ever vote for them again after this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I was half expecting them to break into Groucho Marx's song from Duck soup --

'The countries taxes must be fixed and I know what to do with it.
    If you think your paying too much now just wait till i get through with it'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Amazing. It angers me that Cowen and co can be so god damn arrogant that they refuse to accept any responsibility for this mess. If the man cared one jot about this country he'd step aside. But hes hanging in there for dear life to get that ministerial pension :rolleyes:
    The only good thing that can coem fo this IMF bailout **** is that hopefully, once and for all, itll put an end to FF. Who in their right mind will ever vote for them again after this
    17% of the country are idiots, according to the last red c poll

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

steve06 wrote: »

Yes, I'm going to flag that page on FB as offensive tbh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

laurel and hardy more like.

we need charlie chaplin - where is he when we n eed him

Oh Willie O Dea was hiding away, whilst his minions were handing out leaflets around Limerick which had a picture of a knife with blood dripping from it, the same week when two women and two small children were stabbed to death.

All O'Dea is looking after is himself, which is pretty much all he has ever done as a minister and as a TD.

Last week when he was asked onto the local radio station with other local politicians to speak about the rumours that there would be talks over a bailout, something that the man said was not happening, he would only go on radio if his questions were on a one on one basis with the show's presenter so that he did not have to interact with the show's other guests or with members of the public who rang in with comments.

Then today another party member of his went on the same radio show, and demanded the same one to one treatment so that he did not have to interact with the other politicians on the show, and just like Willie, Peter Power still managed to fluster his way through it and sound just as evasive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

mike65 wrote: »
    Daddio your link is broked but I think I know the shot

1975?
    Hueys?
    Vietnam?
    Rooftops?
    Well it was actually a screenshot of Sim City 2000 when the weird alien robot thing arrives and reigns bloody hell over your lovingly constructed town.

I sometimes think Cowen and co could have done with a few hours spent playing Sim City actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah well choppers off the roof also works I think!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OK folks. Cowen has addressed the nation. We have discussed it and our reaction.
    For latest developments please use this thread from here on out:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056097230
    Lets at least try and stem the rot of duplicate depressing threads clogging up after hours. All discussion topics still available, just in as few threads as makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement