Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ayjayirl's Back Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

With a character like Chun Li who has the best dash in the game 'you can focus the kunai then dash out. Its usually a normal block from the kunai. I just try to block which way she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

again not the best solution to block, as it can hit high and hit the other side of you, The focus is immensely tough to pull off, still trying to do that myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

10-2 A-Trak.

GGs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yreval wrote: »
    10-2 A-Trak.

GGs

Holy crap!

Been practicing A Trak?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Holy crap!

Been practicing A Trak?

Right so, thats A-Trak v Foamy for the first semi final and me v´s (Uber or Med).

When do you guys want to try run this? I am back in the country for Monday.

• Advertisement

I dont see myself been able to play this weekend..
    When I get my times for work next week ill post them and me n A-trak will make arrangements.. hopefully! :pac:

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Right so, thats A-Trak v Foamy for the first semi final and me v´s (Uber or Med).

When do you guys want to try run this? I am back in the country for Monday.

I think uber wants us to do a recording job on monday, which is fine, I'm off all of next week.

Is it firs to 10 again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's somewhat reassuring that the guys who bodied me are going all the way. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think uber wants us to do a recording job on monday, which is fine, I'm off all of next week.

Monday suits me. Just let me know a time.

• Advertisement

Right so, Monday it is for de recordin.

Is it firs to 10 again?

It is. I wonder do I need mirror or dj practice.

Might we be able to broadcast the recording on Monday?

Monday suits me. Just let me know a time.

@Uber - 8pm for the recording?

Yesh, agreed that with Doom.

See you then :D

Okay, so the guys recorded the matches.

Hopefully not knowing the result in the replay channel worked near enough to commentating live. I doubt logistically all four of us could have been online at once to pull it off anyway.

Result
    10-1 to Medu, he deeeeeestroyed me. In the early matches my helpless and panicked flailing reminded me a lot of playing Azza or Cobelcog in groups: Crumbling under relentless offence. I calmed down a bit towards the end and played better comparatively, but was still most definitely outplayed. GGs Medu.

The lag was apparently a lot worse at points than I think either of us thought. There's a few occasions with us walking up against each other, and at least two of the matches ending with us standing stock still for 30 seconds and ending by timeout, which never actually happened.

The lag was apparently a lot worse at points than I think either of us thought. There's a few occasions with us walking up against each other, and at least two of the matches ending with us standing stock still for 30 seconds and ending by timeout, which never actually happened.

I was wondering what happened there. We were very confused when we were commentating. To us it was hilarious.......

I would also like to apologise in advance for the commentary. There was copious amounts of alcohol involved. It is Christmas after all. :o

Speaking of which...

May reupload with less compression but the commentary is intact.

Oh dear :D

I was wondering what happened there. We were very confused when we were commentating. To us it was hilarious.......

That's just my guess. I dunno if anyone has seen this happen on replays before? Even though the rounds appear to end on time-out, and awarded a time-out icon; you can see at the start of the next round that the icon changes to something else.

That's a shame too, according to the icons I won a round by landing (not chipping with) U1; which I don't remember doing.
    I would also like to apologise in advance for the commentary. There was copious amounts of alcohol involved. It is Christmas after all. :o

S'alright, I knew before I even played Medu that when I offered to save replays against a guy who went 9-0 against his whole group that it was probably just going to be a lot of me getting my face kicked in. No sense going back on that when the face kicking became a reality.

The drink is starting to show by the end of this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Okay, so the guys recorded the matches.

Hopefully not knowing the result in the replay channel worked near enough to commentating live. I doubt logistically all four of us could have been online at once to pull it off anyway.

Result
    10-1 to Medu, he deeeeeestroyed me. In the early matches my helpless and panicked flailing reminded me a lot of playing Azza or Cobelcog in groups: Crumbling under relentless offence. I calmed down a bit towards the end and played better comparatively, but was still most definitely outplayed. GGs Medu.

i told you man and you were disappointed in me doubting you. Its just ryu, an online ryu. You should take lesson from Brians book and be really really really really AND I MEAN REALLY lame

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    i told you man and you were disappointed in me doubting you. Its just ryu, an online ryu. You should take lesson from Brians book and be really really really really AND I MEAN REALLY lame

Haha, I wasn't disappointed in your doubt Farz, I agreed with you

I'm inclined to agree with Farz's lack of confidence in me and say Medu is probably going to take me apart (if I can ever get ahold of him :p).

I'll save my beating and volunteer it for the hauppaaaaaaaaaaage. Maybe I can learn from the commentary where I'm going wrong.

I'll save my beating and volunteer it for the hauppaaaaaaaaaaage. Maybe I can learn from the commentary where I'm going wrong.

Well the abuse Doom gives you for not doing as he is saying might be something to learn from about playin Deejay. He does play him regularly enough to pick him in the final of inferno against Hound.

Albeit a tad abusive :p

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

replay is pretty crazy afaik there was little to no lag 98 percent of the time, good games and i remember when you took that game dont think it lagged at all pretty sure i just lost.. is there a part 3?
    i'll check my replays and see if there different

Placebo wrote: »
    i told you man and you were disappointed in me doubting you. Its just ryu, an online ryu.

haters gonna hate, it just ryu but ive also been playing him about 17 years now

meducation wrote: »
    replay is pretty crazy afaik there was little to no lag 98 percent of the time, good games and i remember when you took that game dont think it lagged at all pretty sure i just lost.. is there a part 3?
    i'll check my replays and see if there different

haters gonna hate, it just ryu but ive also been playing him about 17 years now

In your defense you were hitting links that a bog standard online Ryu would never go for.

I think what Farz meant was Uber was approaching the fight completely wrong and playing to Ryu's strengths (which I would agree with too).

Aye, Medu clearly has excellent execution (and mine is quite poor) and I don't think there was anything "bog standard online" about him.

I think what Farz meant was Uber was approaching the fight completely wrong and playing to Ryu's strengths (which I would agree with too).

yeah i was pretty nervous as i have no dee jay experience i was expecting to get zoned out..
    so i would have to agree myself ..

ggs uber your a great player, worried about the mirror match with ajay he will have alot more time to figure me out

meducation wrote: »
    worried about the mirror match with ajay he will have alot more time to figure me out

Uncle-Sam.jpg

600_766983e67441eb3057f0a2b6e7ad06db.JPG

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GET HIM EMMET !
    finish_20him.jpg

Did commentary on Sairus v Ayjay after this too, will start uploading them tomorrow.

• Advertisement

the final score was 10-1 not 10-2 some of them replays are messed up, ida been bitchin so bad had it lagged like that lol

Advertisement