Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What is House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

bigpink wrote: »
    What is House?

Usually a place where you live :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

What is House?

They're a restaurant in Dublin a quick Google threw up this. http://housedublin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Toys R Us is opening on Saturday apparently.
    Is it going into where Reid Furniture was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭sioda

Yup tis indeed they were stocking it this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

What is House?

If it's the same one as the one in Dublin (Leeson Street), it's a trendy style cocktail bar/restaurant. They are also opening in Dun Laoghaire so sounds like they are on the expansion trail if Limerick is also being included.

http://housedublin.ie/

Wonder will they get the market in limerick for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Has that Da Vicenzo place been open long in The George?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Has that Da Vicenzo place been open long in The George?

About 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Groundwork happening where northern trust is. "Maybe" they're expanding because I can never understand how all those people and cars in the car park even fit in that building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Berty wrote: »
    Groundwork happening where northern trust is. "Maybe" they're expanding because I can never understand how all those people and cars in the car park even fit in that building.

I know somebody working there who said they're taking on more staff so that's probably what it is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

About 2 months.

Just goes to show how long it is since I've been in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

The Midwest Job Shop fair is on this Friday 2nd Oct at the strand hotel. Link Below:

http://job-shop.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Firefox11 wrote: »
    The Midwest Job Shop fair is on this Friday 2nd Oct at the strand hotel. Link Below:

http://job-shop.ie/

Looking at the job opportunities, most if not all of the jobs are posted on their websites and most if not all the people attending will be told to apply online making it a more or less pointless event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Yea these things are usually just getting the companies name out there and connecting with other companies rather than recruitment. Last year I was at the one in Thomond park and some companies told me they where not actively recruiting but if I keep an eye on their website for vacancies............. I mean ffs its a recruitment fair and your not recruiting????

But for my sins I will be there bright eyed and bush tailed tomorrow morning in the hope something is there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I was at that one in Thomond as well. Thought it was a major waste of time tbh...but depends what you were looking for imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not a store per se, but COS is opening a large concession in Brown Thomas. Apparently, many lady folk have been asking for one in Limerick for an age.

Toys R Us are opening in the Parkway Retail Park on Saturday where Reid Furniture used to me. Seems to be quite a large store. Peeked in the window and they had a nice gaming section.

Speaking of ToysRUs it may be off topic slightly but they are having a huge open day Saturday. I read that they are having a petting zoo and giant robot from 10 Saturday morning for anyone who might wanna bring the kids out. Never seen the ToysRUs jobs advertised. Flippin place

Mr.H wrote: »
    Yea these things are usually just getting the companies name out there and connecting with other companies rather than recruitment. Last year I was at the one in Thomond park and some companies told me they where not actively recruiting but if I keep an eye on their website for vacancies............. I mean ffs its a recruitment fair and your not recruiting????

But for my sins I will be there bright eyed and bush tailed tomorrow morning in the hope something is there

Yeah. I would question the usefulness to jobseekers of these jobs fairs too and they might think that handing out paper CV's is old hat but I still do it. I do like the meet and greet, face to face aspect but as you said, it could just be used as PR for companies.

I was at last years too, and to be honest, what you say is true, but I will probably show up some time at it tomorrow. I just remember there was a bit of a queue of people handing CV's in at the Regeneron booth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Can someone confirm for me is Starbucks is still opening in the city centre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

dashoonage wrote: »

A business owner on Thomas street said last week on the radio it was anyway.

dashoonage wrote: »

Passed by there a few mins ago. A reserved sign is half up on the window (half fallen down)............. maybe they are only half reserved???

Doesnt look like any work has been done to it yet so at the very very very least its a couple of weeks from opening. Id say they are waiting to see how the one in the station goes and they might open it for the Christmas shoppers

Anyone know whats opening in empire music

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Anyone know whats opening in empire music

If I remember rightly the Centra next door is extending through

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

If I remember rightly the Centra next door is extending through

Inspiring

miralize wrote: »
    Inspiring

Yes we need more convenience stores and coffee shops in the city center....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Actually, we've very few convenience stores in the city centre!!

Coffee shops on the other hand ...

Well it's better than the Euro Empire dive that was in there before it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Any update on Starbucks opening date in Thomas St? Does the unit even look like its being fitted out yet?

Advertisement