Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is plenty of room in there, showroom had plenty of space for cars so furniture shouldn't be much of an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There's definitely work going on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭goochy

dont think showrooms that big , the large forecourt seems a waste for furniture shop - the ex furniture store opp. travelodge in castletroy would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

goochy wrote: »
    dont think showrooms that big , the large forecourt seems a waste for furniture shop - the ex furniture store opp. travelodge in castletroy would be better.

Will that not be used as a car park?

Work seems to have started on the new Topaz/Supermac's on the Ballysimon Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Work seems to have started on the new Topaz/Supermac's on the Ballysimon Road.

Where is this exactly ? Beyond the roundabout & towards B&Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

steveon wrote: »
    Opening where o mara motors used tk be beside ez living

Is that the building accross from Techpart?

It's the old Pat Keogh filling station past the Hyundai dealership.

Yep, that's the one. The shop is in a prefab at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If there were just upgrading to the new restore site theyd be in that prefab anyway.

If they want that site to work they need to change the orientation of the pump islands. They're an awful nuisance and a disaster when the forecourt is busy.

• Advertisement

I think they are redeveloping the entire site rather than just throwing on a new dress. If they want it to work they would want to drop their fuel prices, they are constantly one of the more expensive listings on pumps.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think they are redeveloping the entire site rather than just throwing on a new dress. If they want it to work they would want to drop their fuel prices, they are constantly one of the more expensive listings on pumps.ie.

Was discussed years ago, apparently because they're a franchise and not directly owned by topaz, they wind up buying their fuel at a higher price from topaz and that winds up being passed on to the customer.

Passed there this evening, old shop is already demolished.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

There's some variation of a Eurogiant/€2 shop reopened in Arthur's Quay shopping centre today.

There's some variation of a Eurogiant/€2 shop reopened in Arthur's Quay shopping centre today.

Great! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Great! :rolleyes:

its Euro giant same as in the parkway.

not some random euro shop

https://www.facebook.com/ArthursQuayLimerick/photos/pcb.394152080795599/394151860795621/?type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Great to see more high end stores opening in Limerick city centre...particularly those that capture a niche market that the city is crying out for. Shoppers will no longer have to travel the long distances to ....William Street, O'Connell Street etc to acquire such quality merchandise...!!:P;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

It is in foxes bow, I think they were open for about a year.

Wasnt that place crowdfunded? People who invested must be delighted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

CONSI wrote: »
    I heard La Cucina had hoped to get that unit and had an agreement to take it but it was pulled by the owner, obviously bank offered more

La Cucina only wanted part of the unit I believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Is Clohessy's opening again, as a restaurant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Parchment wrote: »
    Wasnt that place crowdfunded? People who invested must be delighted.....

Couldn't wrap my head around the reason people would pay money towards a private business for a cafe. Still a shame to see it gone all the same. There was a computer gaming night they had in there that was good craic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I was in costa at 7.30pm thursday night and it was packed so its shows market there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

testicle wrote: »
    Is Clohessy's opening again, as a restaurant?

That would be great, where did you hear that?

1huge1 wrote: »
    That would be great, where did you hear that?

That I can not say. House Dublin are taking it over I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Meant to totally refit the place so hardly be ready before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

That I can not say. House Dublin are taking it over I believe.

Without a source your words mean nothing. Hope it's true but I don't think there is even an estate agents sign outside it yet.

Kenny B wrote: »
    Meant to totally refit the place so hardly be ready before Christmas.

November I believe.
    elastico wrote: »
    Without a source your words mean nothing. Hope it's true but I don't think there is even an estate agents sign outside it yet.

I am the source, Deep Throat if you like! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I am the source, Deep Throat if you like! ;-)

So, Deep Throat is called Testicle :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ;)

44 New Jobs coming to Castletroy - only 2 up on the company website so far so might be worth tracking to see what comes up in the coming weeks.

http://www.idaireland.com/newsroom/meco-announces-new-corpor/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Heard the exact same thing about clohessys and house was the name I heard also. From a usually very reliable source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

magma69 wrote: »
    Couldn't wrap my head around the reason people would pay money towards a private business for a cafe. Still a shame to see it gone all the same.

Not all cafés are the same. It was a worthy project that many people wanted to see come to fruition so they helped out by putting a few quid towards it.

Easy enough to understand, I think.

Advertisement