Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Jofspring wrote: »
    I honestly think we have no real problems with traffic. I can't remember the last time I was stuck in traffic for more than 5-10 minutes. You can get to most parts of the city very easily and usually the only thing to slow you down going through town is idiots parked on double yellow lines blocking up lanes.

I remember the bad old days before the tunnel and motorway. Getting from the Coonagh roundabout across the river could take an hour in the morning. If I said that before, sorry, but crossing the city back then was an epic task.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I honestly think we have no real problems with traffic. I can't remember the last time I was stuck in traffic for more than 5-10 minutes. You can get to most parts of the city very easily and usually the only thing to slow you down going through town is idiots parked on double yellow lines blocking up lanes.

^^ This.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭phog

The guy delivering to Hook & Ladder on Sarsfield St parks in the right hand lane in front of the shop,, traffic backlogs out over Sarsfield Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So.. is starbucks open? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭bennyl10

miralize wrote: »
    So.. is starbucks open? :D

Opens at 11 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Popped into Starbucks less than an hour after it had opened and it was already busy and looked really great.

Had too much caffeine today but will be back in the morning for a frappuccino.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Has anyone else head rumors of a gym opening in the Uber/Starbucks building?

I've heard this from a couple of different people now. Would love it if it were true! A city centre gym would be so convenient for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

If you're looking for a gym kit too far away, there is one on Sexton Steet. There is also a weights/training place on Erson's Lane next to the Uber Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

If you're looking for a gym kit too far away, there is one on Sexton Steet. There is also a weights/training place on Erson's Lane next to the Uber Building.

I tried the Training Room, but it wasn't really for me. I didn't know there was one on Sexton St, must check it out, thanks! I thought it was just a martial arts type gym.

I'd love somewhere like Planet Health, with a wide variety of classes. When Crunch was on Henry St., it was ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

There seems to be a new restaurant opening soon on Hartstonge street. I took this photo yesterday:

QBxGeze.jpg?1

The name is clever: Hartstonge street --> Hartstogne. It sounds a bit French like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Just looks like a typo to me. :rolleyes:

haha, a clever typo then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The actual typo bit looks nice, the rest of the sign leaves it down. It is possible that the 'mistake' was actually a clever play on words to give it a French sound but there's no way they are going for subtlety judging by the rest of the sign, all they're short is somebody outside with a club and you wake up at a seat inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say the sign is temporary. Let's people know what they are about. I do think it's a typo though and would hope for their sake they get a sign a little more professional down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Is that Kennedy O'Briens?

elastico wrote: »
    Is that Kennedy O'Briens?

Ya Kennedy O Briens, I think it was an Indian restaurant recently.

yes it was an Indian restaurant before, you can still read the old name on the photo: "Zannat". Never had a chance to try it... we went there once, the room was desert, we waited 5 minutes and nobody ever came to great us... so we left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

fredo1664 wrote: »
    There seems to be a new restaurant opening soon on Hartstonge street. I took this photo yesterday:

QBxGeze.jpg?1

The name is clever: Hartstonge street --> Hartstogne. It sounds a bit French like this.

Same kind of sign on the new Tourist office, which looks equally cheap and nasty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

This lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭pigtown

Permanent TSB are opening in the former Spar near La Cucina in Castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

So after years of rumours La Cucina arent moving in there. So its still sitting on top of each other, all knees and elbows if you want to sit down in there :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CONSI

I heard La Cucina had hoped to get that unit and had an agreement to take it but it was pulled by the owner, obviously bank offered more

Ya La Cucina had it on their Facebook months back that the deal they had to move into that unit had fallen through and that they were now going to look elsewhere for a bigger unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Ya La Cucina had it on their Facebook months back that the deal they had to move into that unit had fallen through and that they were now going to look elsewhere for a bigger unit.

Well I hope they get a better unit for cheaper and that the bank pulls out and the greedy so and so of a landlord sits on an empty unit!
    During my sh*te job and eating dirt phase a few years ago, La Cucina was one of the things that allowed me keep my sanity. They rock.
    Cute hoorery at it's finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Louche Lad wrote: »

Opening where o mara motors used tk be beside ez living

Louche Lad wrote: »

This was announced about 6 months ago. Been taking a long time to start the move into the unit. Hopefully this means it's starting to get a move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭goochy

isnt it the former o mara motors premises ? doesnt seem most suitable site , big yard but showrooms not big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

goochy wrote: »
    isnt it the former o mara motors premises ? doesnt seem most suitable site , big yard but showrooms not big

I would have thought there was decent enough space spread over the 3 floors.

Advertisement