Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I really don't understand a company trying to give off a professional appearance using a gmail address in this day and age.

Didn't notice that. They'll need to sort that out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I really don't understand a company trying to give off a professional appearance using a gmail address in this day and age.

Probably just still getting all things like that ready, early days like he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Can't see what is wrong with a gmail address to be honest.

It's not like they are using an oceanfree.net email like a certain well known moustachioed Fianna Fail TD from these parts :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What is going in there

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

These renovations make Cruises Street look even uglier, I hope it doesn't take them too long to finish it up.

e5424a2874.jpg

• Advertisement

Applause wrote: »
    These renovations make Cruises Street look even uglier, I hope it doesn't take them too long to finish it up.

e5424a2874.jpg

Maybe it's just the light there but it looks terrible, it looks like the sign is brown.

Maybe it's just the light there but it looks terrible, it looks like the sign is brown.

It was quite dark when I was there, but it did look brown to me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's a dark wine colour

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I like it. I might like anything that might have gone in that vacant unit.

The inside will have the same colour scheme as Childers and cresent. Same cake display, same fridge. Same chairs.

I wouldn't be expecting anything exciting or different.

• Advertisement

It's a dark wine colour

Yes, like this

D6949AC081690A83C07B63E06DD73BC1.jpg

But the colour of it in the other photo looks awful. They could probably put some concealed strip lights over it that shine down on it at night, that'd make the sign better overall anyway

Yeah that's their colour. Well it's dark out.

But it will be the same sign that's on Childers or cresent. They get serious erections for having their stores look the same. They won't be changing a colour or layout.

I hope they have removed the windowsills so the scrotes can't hang around outside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I really like it! :)

I was so sick of looking at the empty HMV and if Costa hadn't gone in there, who knows when something else might have!

I really like it! :)

I was so sick of looking at the empty HMV and if Costa hadn't gone in there, who knows when something else might have!

Agree. At least its not a bloody discount store or "sports" store selling tracksuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Vanquished

In architecturally significant buildings or conservation zones restrictions would usually apply to signage to ensure it's not overly obtrusive or garish.

But seen as Cruise's Street is a cheap, tacky, characterless joke no such conditions were required!

It seems like I was a bit too sceptical the other day, they're making great progress!

7efc1f227a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Seems strange that they would choose "reverse McDonalds" as an interior theme for a coffee shop???

Oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

and they look to have removed the ledge so skobes can no longer sit on the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Mc Love wrote: »
    and they look to have removed the ledge so skobes can no longer sit on the windows

I just walked by there. I can confirm the ledges are gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I just walked by there. I can confirm the ledges are gone!

Wont someone think of anto and jacinta!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Vanquished

phill106 wrote: »

Yet another example of the rampant discrimination against this misunderstood and marginalised demographic!

The poor misfortunes. Where will they loiter loudly and irritatingly now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Vanquished wrote: »
    Yet another example of the rampant discrimination against this misunderstood and marginalised demographic!

Penny's?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

phill106 wrote: »

That's Cian Prendeville's job.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

the centra bus stop

Pro tip on getting free coffee in costa. Tell them you work in Dublin or cork and wherever. Staff get free coffee and there is no system of knowing if they are lying or not .

Been gone about 18 months and do it in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's not really "free" coffee then if it's fraud, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's not really "free" coffee then if it's fraud, is it?

9c coffee plus the price of labour and the cup/lid. The courts will throw the book at you lot. :D

Beer Baron wrote: »
    9c coffee plus the price of labour and the cup/lid. The courts will throw the book at you lot. :D

That's for an americano. Few more cent for a cappacino

It's more exploiting a loop hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

By the same measure the Cruises Street project has been another massive failure. It was nothing short of a planning atrocity! Robbing the city of a landmark 200 year old hotel that was central to pretty much every significant historical event in the city during that period!

Old aerial images illustrate the level of destruction that the project entailed. Fine stone warehouses along Todds Bow, Chapel Lane and Denmark Street were pulled down and replaced with nasty, cheap legoland structures. A far more restrained and targeted redevelopment was required here. The hotel and the original lanes should have been preserved. We would certainly have a far livelier, varied and interesting streetscape today if that were the case.

I think two bigger disappointments were the stunning landmark Cannocks building (now Pennys) which was pretty much the Cleary's (Dublin) of Limerick. Also Todd's was another attractive ornate facade which is now Brown Thomas probably the ugliest building in the city centre at the moment.

The William street entrance to Todds was very impressive also which is unfortunately gone. There was also a string of other ornate imposing buildings on Sarsfield street which have also been lost. The mix of old Georgian and cheap 60's architecture in the immediate retail core of the city centre give it a shabby soulless atmosphere.

Advertisement