Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭pigtown

Has anyone been to Alexfindlater&co? They have virtually no online presence

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

You can still get pizza upstairs from Ramen in the Crescent SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

pigtown wrote: »

Walked past it today, looked empty.

You can still get pizza upstairs from Ramen in the Crescent SC.

:eek:

For take away?

:eek:

For take away?

Don't know about takeaway to be honest, but the previous restaurant (Del Arte?) is still there, albeit in a much smaller guise and only upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Mc Love wrote: »
    Walked past it today, looked empty.

What premises are they in?

Don't know about takeaway to be honest, but the previous restaurant (Del Arte?) is still there, albeit in a much smaller guise and only upstairs.

I shall find out in due course.

Now I'm questioning myself, but there was definitely pizza option upstairs about two weeks ago. Crescent website says it's Sorrento, not Del Arte though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Sorrento is above Ramen and they do Italian food and Pizza including takeaway

martyc5674 wrote: »
    What premises are they in?

They are under the George Hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭moby2101

pigtown wrote: »

Not fully open yet, they’ve had 2 “soft openings @ there was a staff party for Hamptons and Savoy there past week and was open to the public for a short time over the weekend. I’m told it will be fully open for Easter weekend. I had a look around inside, fantastic fit out , they really spent big bucks on it,

moby2101 wrote: »
    Not fully open yet, they’ve had 2 “soft openings @ there was a staff party for Hamptons and Savoy there past week and was open to the public for a short time over the weekend. I’m told it will be fully open for Easter weekend. I had a look around inside, fantastic fit out , they really spent big bucks on it,

Hopefully its a success given the overlay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Mc Love wrote: »
    Hopefully its a success given the overlay

Not really sure it will if the prices of the wine stay the same, a couple of examples, are the Masi Amarone is 49 euro, only 37 euro in dunnes in the jetland. Masi Toar is 28 euro, can be gotten for 21 euro in Shannon's Next door, Brolo is equally over priced. That is taking that these are the take away prices. Look quite nice, and I hope the adjust their prices and are a success ,place look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You'd presume it would be the lowest prices for wines considering it's basically Findlaters Wine Company(wine importers amongst others) that opened and is running it. No middle man markups needed here so, seeing as the fit out is so good, they have to recoup the cost somehow.

Look, I don't know, cheese and fancy wine. I don't know if there is enough of a market for it in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Any idea when Ma Hogans aka Mary Jo Hogans is opening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Limerick91 wrote: »

This weekend I'd imagine. They looked to be putting the finishing touches to it during the week.

Berty wrote: »
    Look, I don't know, cheese and fancy wine. I don't know if there is enough of a market for it in the city centre.

Copper Room next block up from it suggests otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

It's open now according to their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    It's open now according to their Facebook page

I was looking at their page earlier and it looks very nice. I like those old style pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrLaurel

Had a bite in Coqbull and decided to have a pint in Ma Hogans. Its really, really nice. A real pub that you stay in all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭moby2101

MrLaurel wrote: »
    Had a bite in Coqbull and decided to have a pint in Ma Hogans. Its really, really nice. A real pub that you stay in all night

Godammit!!! You hit the nail on the head,,, having seen your comment earlier convinced the wife to come into Ma’s, it’s exactly as you described,. Homely, friendly, great crowd, we will be back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anyone know anything about the unfinished 7 storey building by northern trust at ballysimon? It just stopped work one day and nothing has happened in a few months.

Only curious as I pass it every single day and the only thing that changes is the wind direction of the cranes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Berty wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the unfinished 7 storey building by northern trust at ballysimon? It just stopped work one day and nothing has happened in a few months.

Only curious as I pass it every single day and the only thing that changes is the wind direction of the cranes.

The building has been structurally complete for months. Northern Trust are currently fitting out the bottom three floors. Apparently they will be transferring staff over from Hamilton house in Plassey.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭James McNulty

moby2101 wrote: »
    Godammit!!! You hit the nail on the head,,, having seen your comment earlier convinced the wife to come into Ma’s, it’s exactly as you described,. Homely, friendly, great crowd, we will be back!!

Just had a pint there before the match, no TV, beautiful old advertising mirrors on the walls, a great pint. Definitely my new local.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Whats going in Speakers House near the bus station? Bit of action going on there

Shn99 wrote: »
    Whats going in Speakers House near the bus station? Bit of action going on there

Simon community are taking it over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Vanquished wrote: »
    The building has been structurally complete for months. Northern Trust are currently fitting out the bottom three floors. Apparently they will be transferring staff over from Hamilton house in Plassey.

All teams from Hamilton House bar Fund Accounting will be going own there eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭topcat72

New bar/cafe gone into the old Mclaughlins/ Goosers unit in Corbally - ate there today at lunchtime - diner type food, excellent. Oddly the receipt printout said Gailileo Cafe Cahir ( so presumably they are the owners?) . Good bar food menu - not just the usual , had some very good double cooked chips. Hopefully it will succeed, and last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

topcat72 wrote: »
    New bar/cafe gone into the old Mclaughlins/ Goosers unit in Corbally - ate there today at lunchtime - diner type food, excellent. Oddly the receipt printout said Gailileo Cafe Cahir ( so presumably they are the owners?) . Good bar food menu - not just the usual , had some very good double cooked chips. Hopefully it will succeed, and last.

Lads who run the Northstar are running it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

North Star is a rough pub so I say more of the same

Advertisement