Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Edward's Lifesciences setting up in Shannon, 600 jobs to be created. It's in Shannon but will definitely be a good thing for Limerick. Hiring 60 this year and hoping to be fully operational by 2020. Great boost for the region.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/us-company-to-bring-600-jobs-to-shannon-830877.html

It's heading to rahern, contractor i deal with in my current employment has put in a tender for it and was only talking about it with me the other day... They were looking at national tech park but traffic too bad in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

I see land opposite Northern trust has been sold for “development”. What’s going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Shn99 wrote: »
    I see land opposite Northern trust has been sold for “development”. What’s going there?

Your one who won the auld euromillions bought it....id say twill be sat on for a while as an investment.

she stopped the lads feeding the auld ponies on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

dashoonage wrote: »
    Your one who won the auld euromillions bought it....id say twill be sat on for a while as an investment.

she stopped the lads feeding the auld ponies on it as well.

That land is quite close to where her original family home was located,(Her parents)she has a draw to that area considering the bids for Parkway Retail park too which is where the original family home was.

banie01 wrote: »
    That land is quite close to where her original family home was located,(Her parents)she has a draw to that area considering the bids for Parkway Retail park too which is where the original family home was.

That must be it so...and not the potential investment returns :p

• Advertisement

Shn99 wrote: »

could be this.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/302950/new-35m-office-development-plannedfor-limerick.html#.WqvQZbOKPdE.facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That must be it so...and not the potential investment returns :p

Well there is that too of course ;)
    But there is more to her interest in that particular:p area than just ROI is all.
    Could be an interesting case study in sentiment driving decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

The article says the technology Park in plassey. There is a good distance between the technology park and northern trust

Thats Hamilton House 4 or 5 or whatever number they are on......

Build away out there and no road infrastructure to support it...some craic lads.

mdmix wrote: »
    The article says the technology Park in plassey. There is a good distance between the technology park and northern trust

northern trust is in the national tech park, and has been for the last 11 years.

I guessing now you mean the new building on Ballysimon road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I heard she bought the land opposite Northern Trust on the Ballysimon Road (if you're coming from Castletroy Park Roundabout, it's the area on the right when Northern Trust is on the left)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Thats Hamilton House 4 or 5 or whatever number they are on......

Build away out there and no road infrastructure to support it...some craic lads.

Is there any requirement to create new access roads from Hamilton house on to the main Technology Park road? Traffic is insane getting out of Hamilton house and they just keep putting more and more jobs in there. I was surprised they were able to allow Troy and BD in without improved access.

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Is there any requirement to create new access roads from Hamilton house on to the main Technology Park road? Traffic is insane getting out of Hamilton house and they just keep putting more and more jobs in there. I was surprised they were able to allow Troy and BD in without improved access.

There will be a new exit going where the new building is going....down near the Cook/Three buildings.

It still wont improve things to be honest. Both exits really need roundabouts ( or some other solution) to keep traffic flowing.

There will be a new exit going where the new building is going....down near the Cook/Three buildings.

It still wont improve things to be honest. Both exits really need roundabouts ( or some other solution) to keep traffic flowing.

Don't know about that, there is another cook building going up down there Permission has already been granted, or maybe i'm mixing up the location you have mentioned.

there is a slip road going in for turning left only and the road at the intermediated roundabout between vistakon and Hamiltion house is being extended to the Dublin road.

Don't know about that, there is another cook building going up down there Permission has already been granted, or maybe i'm mixing up the location you have mentioned.

there is a slip road going in for turning left only and the road at the intermediated roundabout between vistakon and Hamiltion house is being extended to the Dublin road.

Nope, you are right permission was granted but cook have launched a full scale assault on taking over hamilton house 1 and are not progressing with the new building as far as i know.

I'm not joking....i fully expect to come into work some day and for cook staff to be sitting in my desk.

Nope, you are right permission was granted but cook have launched a full scale assault on taking over hamilton house 1 and are not progressing with the new building as far as i know.

I'm not joking....i fully expect to come into work some day and for cook staff to be sitting in my desk.

Ha Ha Ha,
    cook inside in Hamilton house is only short term lease until the new building is built, then everything will move to new building,

it's a datacentre they have built in hamilton house and customer service has been there a number of years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

QuickPick 24 hour in Henry at opening where the Nook wine bar cafe was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I see that the building that had Sage café on the ground floor (and Limerick School of Philosophy on the top floor!) has been sold, and the one next to it too, I think. Will be interesting to see what happens with this, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

zulutango wrote: »
    I see that the building that had Sage café on the ground floor (and Limerick School of Philosophy on the top floor!) has been sold, and the one next to it too, I think. Will be interesting to see what happens with this, if anything.

Hopefully something decent (NOT a pound shop) goes in there, would be a shame to see that building (and adjacent one) go into a state of dilapidation. That area of Catherine Street has potential, but closures such as Sage won't help the cause. I see that Bourkes (or is it the premises next to it) is opening again? Can't argue that the pub trade is certainly on the rise in Limerick anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Hopefully something decent (NOT a pound shop) goes in there, would be a shame to see that building (and adjacent one) go into a state of dilapidation. That area of Catherine Street has potential, but closures such as Sage won't help the cause. I see that Bourkes (or is it the premises next to it) is opening again? Can't argue that the pub trade is certainly on the rise in Limerick anyway!

Both are reopening as Ma Hogan's again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Vanquished

The former Wacky Shoes premises has been let. The question now is will it become a discount store, a vape shop, mobile phone repair outlet or maybe a tanning salon?!

Alex Findlater & Co. looks to be close to opening on O'Connell Street as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Findlaters opened at 2pm today.

Looking at the local job adverts there. Milano looking for a manager but the ad says the crescent. So...is Milano opening in the crescent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Looking at the local job adverts there. Milano looking for a manager but the ad says the crescent. So...is Milano opening in the crescent?

Isn't there a for sale sign out side Milanos by the river?!

davo2001 wrote: »

Possibly. Unless they're relocating to the crescent in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Vanquished

davo2001 wrote: »

No. It's a letting sign for the former Bon Secours consultation centre next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Possibly. Unless they're relocating to the crescent in town.

Pizza 100 metres walk from my house :eek: This could get dangerous.

panda100 wrote: »

That's why I'm hoping they open in the shopping centre. No decent pizza place out this way really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

panda100 wrote: »

That's why I'm hoping they open in the shopping centre. No decent pizza place out this way really
    Isn't there a table service italian restaurant at the crescent? What's the pizza like there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

ongarboy wrote: »
    Isn't there a table service italian restaurant at the crescent? What's the pizza like there?

No, it closed it was a French chain but changed its menu and the franchisee didn't renew licence, its now Ramen.

Advertisement