Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just REFUSE to do!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

stop **** in work.

Simon Pegg agrees with you.

1. spend more than 30 quid on an item of clothing (bar shoes)

Id say you have a pretty stylish wardrobe! :pac:

Durable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

thankfully ive a great body so everything looks good on me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

To expand on what I said about rap music; I also refuse to accept sampling as an art or DJs as musicians. They take a piece of music that someone else created and claim it as their own.

A DJ is someone that plays music on the radio or in a nightclub, they shouldn't be releasing singles or albums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Take it up the arse.

that's where poo comes out of!!

Not if I can help it :pac:

To expand on what I said about rap music; I also refuse to accept sampling as an art or DJs as musicians. They take a piece of music that someone else created and claim it as their own.

A DJ is someone that plays music on the radio or in a nightclub, they shouldn't be releasing singles or albums.

+ 1000

+ 1000

He's an awesome DJ alright.

You should check out the track he did with the rapper FYP.

I think it was called "Yore Ma /thread"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

although I don't like that they do that, I can't agree. Take Endroducing - DJ Shadow 0% his material, but brilliant album

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    He's an awesome DJ alright.

You should check out the track he did with the rapper FYP.

I think it was called "Yore Ma /thread"

Yore ma cries she misses me so much;)

• Advertisement

Yore ma cries she misses me so much;)

No that wasn't it.

I hate when people claim to like DJs and then don't even know the name of their most famousest track.

No that wasn't it.

I hate when people claim to like DJs and then don't even know the name of their most famousest track.

thats what she sai....

oh

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

I refuse to sing fcuking karaoke at my girlfriends families house when they have parties.

Seriously, you cant have a piss up without a bit of SH1TTY JAPANESE ENTERTAINMENT in that house!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bertie Bassett

Listen to Christmas ads on the radio (or watch them on telly) in October and November.

***trips over the cat while making a beeline for the off button yet again***

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dibi

refuse to stay silent on hearing prejudiced comments..

and to be recorded in any way!...video...audio...ugh.

i'd refuse to have my picture taken if it was possible!

skipz wrote: »
    I refuse to sing fcuking karaoke at my girlfriends families house when they have parties.

Seriously, you cant have a piss up without a bit of SH1TTY JAPANESE ENTERTAINMENT in that house!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

you could always have some other Japanesse entertainment like Bukkake.

Nonsense

What about all the great remixes. Nearly all the music I listen to wouldnt exist were it not for dj's. The tracks they release are almost always much much better than the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dibi

smokedeels wrote: »
    Watch the film "Fight Club" - I'm sure I'd enjoy it, but I'd tired of being told that I "need to see it". Well, I haven't and I'm getting along just fine.

sure have a read of it instead! :P

Nonsense

What about all the great remixes. Nearly all the music I listen to wouldnt exist were it not for dj's. The tracks they release are almost always much much better than the original.

some of it is very good. but its not being a musician.

more of a window dresser than a designer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Things I refuse to do:

- Give a **** what other people think of my clothes/hair/make-up or lack thereof.
    - Bitch about people behind their backs, if you piss me off I'll tell you.
    - Get on anything that goes very high and upside down, either one is fine but combined is just not fun (re: carnival rides)
    - Not say "thanks" to a waiter, I know you're not supposed to, but I find it rude.
    - Laugh at Madeline McCann/Joseph Fritzl jokes, I really don't find other people's torturous pain funny.
    - Long division, more so that I can't, rather than refusing to.

:D

• Advertisement

Play by the mans rules
    Let evil go unpunished
    Let ladies go unsatisfied

:cool:

also enter a room until ive switched the light on and off precisely 16 times

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I refuse to conform to how we are brought up to believe all the sh*t we read and hear from our media. Most of the quacks writing for the papers dont even understand the topics they debate !

As such I find people get uncomfortable when I discuss certain political and social aspects of society as they cannot discuss things beyond perceived conventional wisdom that they simply grew up accepting. .

curlzy wrote: »
    - Not say "thanks" to a waiter, I know you're not supposed to, but I find it rude.

You're not supposed to? Since when?

I was raised to always say thanks. It is appreciated by waiting staff, believe me.

Drumpot wrote: »
    As such I find people get uncomfortable when I discuss certain political and social aspects of society as they cannot discuss things beyond perceived conventional wisdom that they simply grew up accepting. .

Go on.........

Go on.........

nooooo don't! it was probably an inside job or something

Nonsense

You're right. I forgot about all those great remixes.

Another thing I refuse to do is care about how well Ireland does in a football match. You often hear people saying "I don't follow football except when Ireland are playing." If you don't normally care about football why suddenly care just because Ireland are playing? :confused:

The same goes for when my county is playing in a hurling match. I really couldn't care less if Carlow beats some other county or not. Someone is probably going to read this and laugh thinking "not likely" but the fact is I have no idea or no interest in how good a team Carlow are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

iregk wrote: »
    Like I always say, if you don't vote stfu complaining about the government.
    But I feel that regardless of the person or party I vote for the political results are going to be the same, if FG were in government, it'd be the same, SF the same, LP the same - so I don't vote for anyone because I don't agree with any of them in my area. Why vote for someone I don't agree with? There's more to it than just a "too lazy to vote" attitude. And it's not just based around our current government either, it's for every other potential government.

Well tell me, AnonoBoy, what age do you think I am? (sounds like a set up for complimenting a woman :))

but the fact is I have no idea or no interest in how good a team Carlow are.

Don't worry - they're sh*te.
    Nailz wrote: »
    Well tell me, AnonoBoy, what age do you think I am? (sounds like a set up for complimenting a woman :))

I'm hoping that you're in your early/mid twenties. But I've a niggling doubt that you might be much older.

You're right. I forgot about all those great remixes.

Well a large part of the genre of dance/electronic music is made up of remixes or at the very least samples of other songs, with some brilliant mixing and effects etc added in. I listen to a lot of this type of music so I'm not going to agree with you.

A DJ like Tiesto is as much a musician as any guitarist.

• Advertisement

Don't worry - they're sh*te.

Like I said, I wouldn't know. I don't even think of that as an insult. Someone insulting my countys sporting prowess means as much to me as someone insulting the Moon.
    A DJ like Tiesto is as much a musician as any guitarist.

A DJ needs someone else to create music first. A guitarist (or any other musician) can make music from their own imagination.

Advertisement