Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just REFUSE to do!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Watch reality TV. It's all heavily edited bollox.

Eat butter

Enjoy dancing.

Believe Brian Cowen

Open a Paddy power On line Account

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭FayeRayRay

Wear the colour Orange

Say the word C**t

Eat meat

Take the bus

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Fight Club is all flash and very little substance.

Fincher's finest movie from a directorial point of view is Zodiac.

But from a sitting down watching it perspective it's only middlin'.

FayeRayRay wrote: »
    Wear the colour Orange

Say the word C**t

Eat meat

Take the bus

I do all of those (well I tacitly wear orange! In sockular form. )

We are now mortal enemies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Lillylilly wrote: »
    5. Stand for the National Anthem.

Oh Jesus... What ELSE is wrong with this country? Is standing for the anthem now standing for Cowen is it and we all refuse.. god almighty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

But from a sitting down watching it perspective it's only middlin'.

Ah sure you don't even enjoy dancing, what would you know? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Ush1 wrote: »
    If you're going David Fincher, watch Seven. Alot better than Fight Club.

I disagree. Seven is up there in my list of films with the worst ending ever. Its a quality atmosphere-packed dark thriller but that ending is the opposite of the cherry on the cake. The ending is the turd on the cake. Ruins the whole film.
    Greyfox wrote: »
    No it's not, nowhere near it

They're 2 completely different films. Its difficult to compare really. But i agree its not as good as fight club. I enjoyed FC more than Seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I disagree. Seven is up there in my list of films with the worst ending ever. Its a quality atmosphere-packed dark thriller but that ending is the opposite of the cherry on the cake. The ending is the turd on the cake. Ruins the whole film.

They're 2 completely different films. Its difficult to compare really. But i agree its not as good as fight club. I enjoyed FC more than Seven.

Ah man, Sevens ending was perfect. Reminded me of the ending to American History X, just totally satisfying and complete.

The studio actually fought Fincher for ages to change the ending of Seven but he wouldn't budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

leave the seat down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

face paint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

WRONG! Se7en's ending is like a gut punch to the stomach - just brilliant.

How would you have ended it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ah man, Sevens ending was perfect. Reminded me of the ending to American History X, just totally satisfying and complete.

The studio actually fought Fincher for ages to change the ending of Seven but he wouldn't budge.
    The truly **** thing about the ending to Seven was how predictable it was (esp. with all the buildup towards the ending, all the while you pretty much know what's going to happen), and
    how little character development there was to try and make you care in any way for the person who was killed

The film was otherwise good; that ending ruined it for me though.

Not for me im afraid. Ending just didn't fit the film. Don't get me wrong im all for film endings that don't follow the usual guy gets the girl/ the guy saves the world & gets the girl type rubbish but fincher is taking the piss with that sort of finale.

But each to their own. Even though im right & your wrong. If you reply to this im right. If you don't im still right. Get out of that one batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Copper23 wrote: »
    Oh Jesus... What ELSE is wrong with this country? Is standing for the anthem now standing for Cowen is it and we all refuse.. god almighty.

I use to live out as far as Rush, and all pubs that have a dj up to swords play that damn anthem to end the night, I refuse to stand for it after a night of drinkin! lol its just stupid!
    I will stand when it is played somewhere where there is no drink and idiots.

I also refuse to...

Use Twitter. No ones life is that interesting!
    Use Facebook even though I have an account.
    Except that the gay scene in Dublin is the 'George' and nothing else.
    Clean up after housemate! please dont leave your empty milk cartans on the counter, crush and put in bin when finished! (he has a nice collection on the kitchen counter now).
    Read the Star/Mirror/Herald etc.
    Buy Lady Gaga, Madonna, Take That, Kings of Leon(wft! why?) etc music or overpriced tickets to concerts.
    Let a landlord get away with my deposit for no reason for months on end.
    Be loud if housemates are asleep on sat night and I have been out after drinkin.
    Be rude to people unless it is really needed.
    Buy an Iphone, Ipad, Ipod, have an Itunes account, such complete **** for losers.
    Sell my game consoles if I am broke.
    Royal Family! They.Are.Not.Irish! and mean nothing to anyone outside England.
    Stop using 'Lol' in a ironic way lol.
    Like or show ANY interest of Football, its a ball guys and its so gay, and I'm gay!
    Stop telling people how great Resident Evil 4 is and Resident Evil 5 sucks!
    Listen to my crazy sister.
    Say I am greatful to have a public sector job, I did the (piss-easy) exam and interview, you could have done it too...

There is more but...

The truly **** thing about the ending to Seven was how predictable it was (esp. with all the buildup towards the ending, all the while you pretty much know what's going to happen), and
    how little character development there was to try and make you care in any way for the person who was killed

Well I didn't think it was so much about that.
    More you know how Mills is gonna react to it, the final 2 sins happen and Doe wins.
    . Not Hollywood, just brilliant and dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Anal.

Not for me im afraid. Ending just didn't fit the film. Don't get me wrong im all for film endings that don't follow the usual guy gets the girl/ the guy saves the world & gets the girl type rubbish but fincher is taking the piss with that sort of finale.

But each to their own. Even though im right & your wrong. If you reply to this im right. If you don't im still right. Get out of that one batman.

*thinks*

You must see how I'm somehow still right?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

To be that overly polite customer service agent my company wants me to be. If a client pisses me off, he´ll be told in no uncertain terms. And no, I´m not gonna laugh(because I have to) if i find your "jokes" and "clever comments" not funny. Screw the lot of you!

WRONG! Se7en's ending is like a gut punch to the stomach - just brilliant.

How would you have ended it??

Some sort of robotic unicorn intervenes.

Nah i don't mind the abrupt 'revelation' at the end. I just wanted a bit more after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

You will find yourself in a severe minority on this one. Of course you're entitled to that opinion but for me and many fans of the film, it's a great ending.

Can I ask when you watched the movie (ie when it came out or years later after many films tried ripping off it's style and twists & turns)?
    There are far, far worse crime, thrillers pre & post Seven that are far more predictable. Saying you know how a film will end a few minutes before the end is not the same as having it pegged from the 1st act. I knew the twist before I saw it and it still was the "cherry on top" of a quality movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Some sort of robotic unicorn intervenes.

Nah i don't mind the abrupt 'revelation' at the end. I just wanted a bit more after that.

Brad Pitt goes to jail and
    gets raped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

cunninglingus

or fellatio for that matter

You will find yourself in a severe minority on this one.

So have you talked to every single person who's ever watched Seven? You must be knackered.

Thats classic internet waffle.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

cunninglingus

I take it you dont like dropping the head

Anal.

Prude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Drink Bud
    Eat tofu/go vegtable-tarian
    Grow up
    Do any thing metrosexual
    Watch any reality TV stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

cunninglingus

Prefer to use the finger ET? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

orourkeda wrote: »
    I take it you dont like dropping the head
    well to be honest I might be lying about the cunninglingus, its just my word for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

go to mass, especially on christmas/easter etc.

i never go any other day of the year, yet people are still shocked when i say i dont go on xmas.

i dont believe in it, i dont agree with it, so why should i go?

(and yes i still celebrate christmas 'cause i like the food and presents :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭shebango

Own a credit card.

Advertisement