Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could buy a lb of Cocaine for $9,000, and sell it for $150,000, would you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

CorkMan wrote: »
    If you could get away with it

Well yes, obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Where do I sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

The production of beer and nurofen doesn't fuel civil wars in poor countries, and the sale of both doesn't involve gun-toting 15-year olds and urban pockets of addition that have laid waste to two going on three generations. Cocaine on the other hand...

Yes, but the production of oil, steel, coltan, clothes, etc. etc. all hurt poor people as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Smokers are more prone to developing respiratory illnesses, and have more severe symptoms when they do, and end up taking more sick days than non-smokers. They are also more likely to develop dementia later in life. Consider yourself lucky...so far.

[img][/img]http://www.healthcare-toolbox.com/doctors_smoke_camels.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

In Colombia you can get a pound of cocaine for $9,000. That is worth $27,000 in America, but you dilute it on average 5 or 6 times them. Up to a total of $150,000.

If you could get away with it, would you? I sure would.

I lived in Colombia for 5 months last year. You can buy a gram of coke off a random guy in a pub for 15,000 pesos which is about a fiver. I'm pretty sure if your gonna buy 454 of them then the cost per gram would be considerably cheaper. You would get a lb of good quality rock cocaine for 1,500€ provided you had a good supplier. Basic economies of scale...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

goose2005 wrote: »
    Yes, but the production of oil, steel, coltan, clothes, etc. etc. all hurt poor people as well.

If a government regulates production, then it doesn't have to be harmful; production of oil in the US is worlds away from production in Nigeria. And if cocaine were legal, and its production regulated, it could theoretically help poor people in producing countries. But you still have the effects on the end users, and I see no way around that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Alcohol and Tobacco are regulated and have effects on the end users too...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Why would you love to get into the market...

what's the appeal?
    I'd love the wheeling and dealing part of it. The haggling and banter.
    It would be satisfying too knowing that you're helping people to have a good time. I wouldn't be a real agro dealer. I'd try be a fair as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Alcohol and Tobacco are regulated and have effects on the end users too...

As I said in my earlier post, a cigarette addiction may have negative health effects, but nowhere near the personal and social harm of a crack cocaine or meth addiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

If there's no chance of being caught? Hell yes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysusake

Nothing but HASSLE..... Beleive me stay away from it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

jaysusake wrote: »
    Nothing but HASSLE..... Beleive me stay away from it....

I've seen some things maaaaaan, and some stuuufff! I wouldn't recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Ask me again in 6 months, but for now I'll just say No.

Ahh Fcuk it.PM me would ya and we'll get this sh#t cut,bagged and out the door.I need some x-mas dough;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Wel as we seen during the reign of the Head Shops their is a huge market for Psychoactive substances in this Country Recession or no Recession...
    I was looking at some Legalhigh Website few days ago think its Switzerland & you can buy 10kg of Mephedrone 99.8% pure for €22,500
    Think thats sells for €50 per gram so thats 1000 grams x €50 = €50,000 x
    10kg = €500,000 so if you cut it down with something else you could easily make €1,000,000...
    Cant beleive that stuff was legal here 1 time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

No. Between being against the concept of hard drugs and against the concept of taking money from idiots, plus the illegal factor, there are 3 good reasons not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

i wouldnt know who to sell it to, and i could think of better uses for the money if i did have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bridin delaney

not a hope freedom is priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysusake

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Wel as we seen during the reign of the Head Shops their is a huge market for Psychoactive substances in this Country Recession or no Recession...
    I was looking at some Legalhigh Website few days ago think its Switzerland & you can buy 10kg of Mephedrone 99.8% pure for €22,500
    Think thats sells for €50 per gram so thats 1000 grams x €50 = €50,000 x
    10kg = €500,000 so if you cut it down with something else you could easily make €1,000,000...
    Cant beleive that stuff was legal here 1 time :eek:

Meph is still widely available (not in shops) and its 30 a gram... You can get an ounce I beleive for 450....

hanner wrote: »
    i wouldnt know who to sell it to, and i could think of better uses for the money if i did have it!

The wonderful thing about selling cocaine is once you make your first sale, that's the market cracked.Your social life will take off as your door bell will be going off at 4am on any given night of the week and you will learn a fascinating array of reasons why people can't pay for something they're trying to buy.

I lived with a coke dealer for a brief time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Butler: Sir, a customer is here. He want to buy a gram.

Me: Tell him to go away, i'm in my champagne bath.

Butler: Sir, he says it's an emergency.

Me: Meh, give him some sugar and mix it with horse polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

no way, we live clean, arent very happy, but have some self-respect and pride

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

OisinT wrote: »
    I'd do it.

Hahahaha! Mod of Legal Discussion ^. I love this post so much. :pac:

Butler: Sir, a customer is here. He want to buy a gram.

Me: Tell him to go away, i'm in my champagne bath.

Butler: Sir, he says it's an emergency.

Me: Meh, give him some sugar and mix it with horse polish.

I did not know that there was such a thing as horse polish.Does it work better than the ol Manitol/Pseudephidrin/Acetone blend that most poor clowns end up buying?

People polish horses?I want to polish my neighbour's dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

There is no money in it anymore. $150,000 wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

Take the Ryanair approach and suncontract everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

JG009 wrote: »
    There is no money in it anymore. $150,000 wishful thinking.

Heroin is the future, invest heavily. Buy Buy Buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Give it a year or two. If I'm in no better position then than now then yes. Life's for living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

No. The people I sell it to could die. That just seems wrong somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

In Colombia you can get a pound of cocaine for $9,000. That is worth $27,000 in America, but you dilute it on average 5 or 6 times them. Up to a total of $150,000.

If you could get away with it, would you? I sure would.

Advertisement