Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could buy a lb of Cocaine for $9,000, and sell it for $150,000, would you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I would leave small piles of it on peoples doorsteps for free, all the hip dealers are doing it these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

bonerm wrote: »
    Agreed. A pox on the men who sold pints and nurofen to poor Neil Prenderville. His life is ruined now because of drugs.

The production of beer and nurofen doesn't fuel civil wars in poor countries, and the sale of both doesn't involve gun-toting 15-year olds and urban pockets of addition that have laid waste to two going on three generations. Cocaine on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Spore

For all you wannabe drug dealers out there have a read of this before you make up your mind:

http://projects.latimes.com/mexico-drug-war/#/its-a-war

A recent choice entry in Mexico's Drug War:
    Bodies are dangled headless from highway overpasses. Heads turn up in ice chests and trash bags. Corpses are found marked by torture wounds and taunting, hand-scrawled messages. Body parts, rearranged for humiliating effect, are left for all to see.

Mexicans have watched the carnage — at first with horror and disbelief, but increasingly with a stunned fatigue as drug-trafficking gangs try to one-up rivals or scare authorities with new heights of savagery.
    Sorry to be preachy but if I thought my mates would do what you're proposing I would turn them in without batting an eyelid. Coke tears central American countries apart. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

alex73 wrote: »
    Dealing in Drugs is the exact same as selling your soul to the devil. Without a doubt you "could" make money, but its a path of no return, you can't just walk away once you have made your money, you are linked to the drug underworld for the rest of your life.

There is no such thing as a sensible drug dealer.

There's also no such thing as the "devil". Fact!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There's also no such thing as the "devil". Fact!
    Have you met Simon Cowell? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Spore wrote: »
    Coke tears central American countries apart. Simple as.

meh, I won't be living there, I'll be living in my balla coke funded penthouse, chillin wit my bitches, bathing in champagne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Probably not. Would be worth it if you weren't caught though. Would take some balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The production of beer and nurofen doesn't fuel civil wars in poor countries, and the sale of both doesn't involve gun-toting 15-year olds and urban pockets of addition that have laid waste to two going on three generations. Cocaine on the other hand...

When beer was banned in the States, organised crime thrived. It's the prohibition on drugs that......

....actually, I'm not getting into this. I's been done to death.

*walks away slowly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

ya i would if i could almost definitely get away with it, it's all about risk vs return.

On the other hand if i wanted to make alot of money by saddling people with huge debts they're never going to pay back, causing alot of misery for alot of people I'd become a banker, far far less chance of going to prison too.:D

When beer was banned in the States, organised crime thrived. It's the prohibition on drugs that......

....actually, I'm not getting into this. I's been done to death.

*walks away slowly*

Even if it were legal, and the profit margins were huge, I would never ever sell cocaine, crack, heroin or meth, and I would think poorly of anyone who did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Biggins wrote: »
    I'm an idiot then that will sleep well with a clear conscience, and won't when awake, have to be always looking over my shoulder for the long arm of the law to try and grab me.

Each to their own. I like my families good name and wish to preserve it.

How do you know your family has a good name? Is it because you say so?

Lemsiper wrote: »
    How do you know your family has a good name? Is it because you say so?
    Because everyone I've spoken to, has said so! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sure, why not. Some people want cocaine. Might as well be money in my pocket rather than anyone elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Even if it were legal, and the profit margins were huge, I would never ever sell cocaine, crack, heroin or meth, and I would think poorly of anyone who did.

Do you think badly of barmen? Or newsagent staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

If there was a guarantee of not getting caught.........

I'd be seriously tempted to do it as a once off! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I would buy it definitley. Thats because I need it for my own use when I see pointless threads from fellow Corkmen every week on A/H...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Ah, thanks, that's what I was trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Yes, you'd be a fúcking idiot to answer no to this question.

Guess that makes me a fúcking idiot then.

Does that constitute personal abuse? Mods! :pac:

Jericho. wrote: »
    Ah, thanks, that's what I was trying to do.
    Welcome, the credit is yours. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I am libertarian on the issue of drug legalisation. But not libertine. I dont do drugs.

So would I? Not since it is illegal because I might get caught. Obviously since I think it should be legal I would , were it so, and were the same margins available.

So no "morality" here. Just practicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd cut it down a fair bit, then turn it into crack-cocaine, more addictive and will probably make more money! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

all across the world today,
    a kilo is a measure,
    a kilo is a thousand grams,
    thats all you need remember,

Not worth the hassle getting involved in the game, its nasty, nobody trusts nobody, and its a 24 hour job with people paid to stop you..

if you had someone waiting with the money for a K maybe but the value here is street value, nobody cuts up an ounce and sells a thousand pony packs themselves so even if you got a K for cheap in Columbia, you will need a middle man to buy it off you before its broken up by various street dealers for sale..

I think a gram is about €70/80 nowadays, not sure havent really touched coke myself since i lived in Utrecht..

strobe wrote: »
    Do you think badly of barmen? Or newsagent staff?

Nope. I've worked in a bar myself, I drink daily, and I smoke about one pack of cigarettes a month (a four-a-week habit, I guess).

Most people can go on the lash for a weekend and then function the rest of the week. In many countries, it is standard to have a glass of wine with lunch and dinner. Smokers can go through a pack a day, and while they may stink and get more colds, again, they can function. Crack binges, or daily crack use, not so much.

Yes, some people abuse alcohol and cigarettes are terrible for you. But meth and crack cocaine addictions are truly sickening, and I think that there are some drugs, practices, and behaviors that are so detrimental to both individuals and society that they should be banned, free will or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Nope. Smokers can go through a pack a day, and while they may stink and get more colds,

ha ha:D, i think you made that up now!?
    How does smoking make you get more colds, serious?? I smoke and have not had a cold or flu in years, thank god.

I do smell like a ashtray most of the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Yes but im a greedy bastard who would probably hoover up half the kilo myeslf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I'd do it for a few 100. I'd love to get into the market but it's hard to get into to. Alot of competition.

Why would you love to get into the market...

what's the appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

in short yes I would sel my house and buy lots of that white gold

eh hold on - sell my house? who am I kidding?

skipz wrote: »
    ha ha:D, i think you made that up now!?
    How does smoking make you get more colds, serious?? I smoke and have not had a cold or flu in years, thank god.

I do smell like a ashtray most of the time!

Smokers are more prone to developing respiratory illnesses, and have more severe symptoms when they do, and end up taking more sick days than non-smokers. They are also more likely to develop dementia later in life. Consider yourself lucky...so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

No, there'd be no sense of achievement.

The only way I would be happy making such money would be by developing/creating something.

Advertisement