Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag (Scobes/Slangers)Attacking people because they're diffrent.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

TBH pretentious goths hanging around the central bank in temple bar are on a par with Scobes IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

johnn wrote: »
    TBH pretentious goths hanging around the central bank in temple bar are on a par with Scobes IMHO

Yes of course, did you hear about group of Goths/Alternatives that beat up the poor scobe/skangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

14-year-olds wearing silly clothes are not on a par with xenophobes. Stop making the world a ****ter place with unjustifiable intolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The scobes will alway's find a victim,be they EMO,Goth or whatever.The town I'm from has a trend of them picking on guys in from the country for a night out.
    It has always happened,and now the younger brothers and cousins of the scumbags that were at it years ago are continuing the trend these days.
    I never had a problem like that when I was a teenager,the scumbags knew that the retribution would be swift and very painful.They found easier targets.
    Nowadays it's the emo kids that are the easy targets for scumbags,simply because they prey on the weak,and what looks weaker than a pale kid moping around town.I always found that if you walked around with head up and look confident they won't go near you,and by God I've been in some seriously dodgy areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That actually made me consider something.A lot of the music these kids listen to is about death and despair and violence and as you said above aggression.How do they consume it so readily in musical form, yet when reality offers them it's take on their fetish, they crumble.Careful what you wish for.It might be a joke to you, but to some weirdos out there it's real life, and I'm not even talking about scobes here.

Then we have "high school shootings" like Columbine.It wasn't the local knackers who gunned down that school.Do I need to give a dissertation on Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

As much as I hate to reply after the mod stopping you, but are we really bringing Columbine into this? That discussion has been done a million times before, and doesn't need doing again. Hell, it even got it's own movie trying to suss the mentality behind it. Watch the movie before insinuating.

As regards the violent lyrics in this music. There is a lot of difference between singing along to a song about murder, and actually being a violent person. I listen to some of the most violent stuff you could think of, yet I'm not a violent person. And although if somebody got in my face with no good reason these days, I'd swing for'em, back in my teens, I would not have. Yet, I listened to the same stuff then that I do now.

Fear has a lot to do with it. Skangers scare the hell out of Goth types, which makes it's much harder for them to attack back.

One way or another, I don't think we are ever going to a gree on this, because I simply thing you are so damn wrong. So we'll agree to dissagree, and go our seperate ways.

super-rush wrote: »
    How?

They are the same in that when there is loads of them they have a gang mentality and if you walk by them in temple bar they will give you a snide remark they would never dream of giving to you on their own. What's worse is most of them are skinny dweebs, tbf to Scobes most of them are prepared to get called out on a fight but these guys would be like rabbits caught in headlights if they ever got the reaction their remarks deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Do you mean pick on as look judgementally at them or actually get physically involved? The first type you can deal with but the second is just absolute s***

Oh the first one of course. I'm not a complete bastard, working hard at it though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

They are irresistible to scobes, because they are physically spineless and don't know how to fight.Yet still they will antagonise a gurrier with an eyeroll or a frown or a sneer.

I know you've banned and all, but seriously, you cannot believe this. You think someone deserves a beating because he doesn't quietly take the abuse and threatening behaviour some scumbag is giving him? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

....that's what people say.

Your ridin' high in April... Shot down in May...

But seriously with regards to the lot at the bank many of them are in the same league, they have the same chip on their shoulder where they feel society is out to get them and if they get it in to their heads that someone is embodying that misconception they will try to take it out in the same way.

OP the type you are referring to have no understanding of responsibility, they do as they please and it will get them nowhere in the end, they used to piss me off but now I pity them - they will live like that for the rest of their lives with no chance of bettering themselves in any way.
    Tell your friend to ignore them unless provoked, and never to walk by them defeated, or as the lesser man. If they say something, turn and face them, don't turn it in to something though, but like pack animals they only prey on perceived weaknesses, if they don't see an easy target they'll revert to skulking and/or yelling insults from a distance (and you can laugh at these when they're from someone too scared to approach you).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Why the hell was your one up there banned? You rarely get an argument on boards when someone actually can type full words in their defense, I just saw all her posts and I'd really love to have a go but it's pretty f*cking pointless since she can't reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Paparazzo wrote: »

Ah that boxer's a pussy. I'm all for kicking the living sh*t out of people like him but if he really was a boxer he would have taken him on man to man rather than shnaking up on him from the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Legible? Wrong word :pac:

/All good grammar Nazis need to start somewhere after all

The irony!:o

In fairness I said I wasn't one and I don't particularly care if there's a few mistakes but the OP was shocking poor. I don't think I'll be making any more comments like this one because I don't want to develop this kind of unsocial attitude of constantly putting people down for this. So anyway, enjoy your evening.

I respect the fact that the Scobes know what they don't like and aren't afraid to act on it & don't sit on the fence like so many on here.

I respect the fact that the Scobes know what they don't like and aren't afraid to act on it & don't sit on the fence like so many on here.

Troll much?

And they don't know what they don't like, that's precisely why they have an issue with it.

Troll much?

And they don't know what they don't like, that's precisely why they have an issue with it.

read the previous page of this thread. I ain't a troll bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

:rolleyes: How admirable. You forgot to mention that they're not afraid to act on it when they're in a group. Anyone who has anything good to say about aggressive knacks going around giving people hardship for no reason is sitting on the fence in my view. That's cowardly.

:rolleyes: How admirable. You forgot to mention that they're not afraid to act on it when their in a group. Anyone who has anything good to say about aggressive knacks going around giving people hardship for no reason is sitting on the fence in my view. That's cowardly.

Whatever your opinion of my comments are, what you describe is the opposite of sitting on the fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

People need to learn how to defend themselves if you ask me

survival of the fittest and all that.if you can't fight back then get a bigger stick.

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »

survival of the fittest and all that.if you can't fight back then get a bigger stick.

Finally someone speaking sense.

read the previous page of this thread. I ain't a troll bro.
    And the vague thinly veiled threat is..?
    Whatever your opinion of my comments are, what you describe is the opposite of sitting on the fence.
    I would agree that allowing twats roam the streets doing as they please regardless of the consequences constitutes as sitting on the fence.

Regardless, it's hardly a good reason for these folks to get beat up.

deathrider wrote: »
    Regardless, it's hardly a good reason for these folks to get beat up.

Not a good reason for them to get beat up, granted.
    I don't support that.
    I have no sympathy for them, though.

Smart idea that, now me being a helpless young damsel can I carry two uzis to make up for the guns those scobes have from spending too much time in the gym?

Smart idea that, now me being a helpless young damsel can I carry two uzis to make up for the guns those scobes have from spending too much time in the gym?

You surely can!

Not a good reason for them to get beat up, granted.
    I don't support that.
    I have no sympathy for them, though.

I can't much argue with you on that one, dude. That's a solid post.

You surely can!

Hehehe... me thinks this scobe problem will be no longer... hang on, have we just justified columbine?

Hehehe... me thinks this scobe problem will be no longer... hang on, have we just justified columbine?

I'm not sure about the victims of columbine..

I'm gonna be reasonable here and say....
    yes, yes of course we just justified columbine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

easy, tell 'em to buy a pair of New Rock boots, or mountain climbing boots for the geeks.

http://wildilocks.com/webstore/images/924%20IT_NE_REA_NE_TO.jpg

http://www.shoes.com/productimages/shoes_iaec1109977.jpg

it's like a game of paper sissors rock...

big feck off boots always beat nikes.

it's like having 2 sledge hammers attached to your feet, any tracksuit starts on you, BAM! they'll be coughing up testicles.

Advertisement