Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag (Scobes/Slangers)Attacking people because they're diffrent.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

They don't attack them because they are different. They attack them because they can. Responsibility and consequences for your actions are what keeps you in check. To them, there is no responsibility in their lives as they are handed everything. There are no consequences besides free bedding and TV for a couple of months in a holiday home/prison.

So they jump and kick the **** out of people because its fun. It might not seem like it to you but that adrenaline rush from fighting is comparable if not better to any drug out there. They gain respect and power for a few brief moments that they would never have otherwise over the attacker. The only tool they have left in their pathetic social welfare supported lives is intimidation and violence because they lack the brains for any other way to achieve anything.

Tell your mate to keep his chin level, puff his chest out slightly and keep a relaxed calm manner when around them. Stops him looking like a easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

I saw three thugs last night pull the mirror off a parked car. It's a sick world out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

F***ing wrong, I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Tell your mate to keep his chin level, puff his chest out slightly and keep a relaxed calm manner when around them. Stops him looking like a easy target.

Exactly.It's about the image you are projecting.Emos do not project any sense of self-confidence aside from the transparent group sneer.

Scobes can smell fear.They are like pit bulls, if they sense fear it sets them off.If they sense confidence they will move along to easier pastures.

They really are like dogs in that sense.They will try and establish Alpha dominance if you don't

Actually, some of Cesar Milan's training techniques might even work on a knacker.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

No I'm not.In fact I've gone toe to toe with some of the nastiest knackers in town.This is because I learned to fight( not boxing), at a young age.

And when it comes to people who lack the intelligence to sort it out with words,I'm just as happy to jettison dialogue and go to Plan B.And before anyone asks,yes I have had my clock cleaned.And no that doesn't deter me

No knacker is going to kick my ass without getting hurt.And that's a key difference between me and an Emo.It doesn't make me a knacker.It is my right to stand up for myself.These little sneering *****, choose to waive that right.

They deserve everything coming to them.These are the rats who fantasise that the school rugby team are "evil jock retards" or that sports in general are barbaric and evil.I played a lot of sports and never saw it as a reason to victimise anyone.How many of them do charity runs, or meals and wheels volunteering?How many of them have gone around with Simon and fed the untouchables?Not very many.Too busy sneering and feeling self absorbed.

Scobe-fodder is no better than a scobe.

Wow, so because they dress a certain way or think a certain way means they deserve a beating when they get it!!?? Look im not a fan of this emo phase but it is what it is. People don't deserve to be picked on because they look a certain way.

I'm pretty sure if a scumbag is gonna pick a fight with an emo kid its not because they think sport is barbaric or have never done charity work!!

• Advertisement

JG009 wrote: »
    I saw three thugs last night pull the mirror off a parked car. It's a sick world out there.

They get startled and frightened by their reflection.Car mirror must have been at an obtuse angle.Knackers usually obscure mirrors with large furry dice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This kinda crap as been a pain in my ass for many years. This is the reason I hated school. Couldn't walk down the corridor without getting verbally abused. Had myself plenty of kickings outside of school grounds too. I recall being chased out of an estate by no less that about 20 teens back in the 90s. My crime being the fact that I was wearing a black t-shirt with a Metallica logo. For some reason, this declares me as the kinda guy who deserves to get attacked by strangers.

I've never understood it myself. This inbred mentality that if anyone seems out of the ordinary then they should be physically dealt with by a gang (because, lets be honest here, folks- It's never just one guy who picks on these types, it's always a gang). At the end of the day though, the tables have turned slightly over the years. I was a fairly skinny dude back in those days, but now in my late twenties, I've wound up being a fairly large guy. It's rare that I get this kind of abuse these days, and it usually ends quickly when I inform them that I'd have no hastle standing my ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Alts, cureheads, emos etc, all put themselves in the market for abuse.They might as well paint a target on their ass.Some of them like to mouth off when they are in a group.

They are irresistible to scobes, because they are physically spineless and don't know how to fight.Yet still they will antagonise a gurrier with an eyeroll or a frown or a sneer.

I actually prefer the scobies to those depressive dweebs.Looks like knackers want to live and have their fun and I respect that over,depression,endorsing suicide and sneering.

The knackers are just administering the kind of discipline that alt parents never bothered to.:D
    No I'm not.In fact I've gone toe to toe with some of the nastiest knackers in town.This is because I learned to fight( not boxing), at a young age.

And when it comes to people who lack the intelligence to sort it out with words,I'm just as happy to jettison dialogue and go to Plan B.And before anyone asks,yes I have had my clock cleaned.And no that doesn't deter me

No knacker is going to kick my ass without getting hurt.And that's a key difference between me and an Emo.It doesn't make me a knacker.It is my right to stand up for myself.These little sneering *****, choose to waive that right.

They deserve everything coming to them.These are the rats who fantasise that the school rugby team are "evil jock retards" or that sports in general are barbaric and evil.I played a lot of sports and never saw it as a reason to victimise anyone.How many of them do charity runs, or meals and wheels volunteering?How many of them have gone around with Simon and fed the untouchables?Not very many.Too busy sneering and feeling self absorbed.

Scobe-fodder is no better than a scobe.

I've seen some awful sh1te posted here before but this takes the biscuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

cassi wrote: »
    Wow, so because they dress a certain way or think a certain way means they deserve a beating when they get it!!?? Look im not a fan of this emo phase but it is what it is. People don't deserve to be picked on because they look a certain way.

I'm pretty sure if a scumbag is gonna pick a fight with an emo kid its not because they think sport is barbaric or have never done charity work!!

No one deserves to be picked on. But it can be a tough world out there and sometimes you have to show that you aren't to be f*cked with or people will do it. That can often come down to how you carry yourself

But they certainly don't deserve it. And some people are naturally unconfident so it can be quite tough for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Was in Nenagh in Tipperary over the weekend, saw 3 pure and utter scumbags kicking the **** out of two lads down one of the side-alleys, naturally me and the two lads I was with stopped to watch as did a few others, then bald absolute beast of a human being pushed us aside, went down the alleyway and clocked one of the knackers the most powerful and painful punch I've ever had the joy of watching.Your man was on the floor unconscious and the other two pussys ran away whilst some girl behind us called an ambulance cos the two lads were bleeding pretty badly on the floor.

THE PUNCH: This deserves a whole paragraph on its own, it was truly incredible. It wasn't your average right/left hook, the guy was a good deal taller than the knackers so he went in at about 20 degrees downwards onto your mans face, a satisfying thud followed and he hit the floor, sadly no blood but by f*ck is will there be a massive bruise there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Was in Nenagh in Tipperary over the weekend, saw 3 pure and utter scumbags kicking the **** out of two lads down one of the side-alleys, naturally me and the two lads I was with stopped to watch as did a few others, then bald absolute beast of a human being pushed us aside, went down the alleyway and clocked one of the knackers the most powerful and painful punch I've ever had the joy of watching.Your man was on the floor unconscious and the other two pussys ran away whilst some girl behind us called an ambulance cos the two lads were bleeding pretty badly on the floor.

THE PUNCH: This deserves a whole paragraph on its own, it was truly incredible. It wasn't your average right/left hook, the guy was a good deal taller than the knackers so he went in at about 20 degrees downwards onto your mans face, a satisfying thud followed and he hit the floor, sadly no blood but by f*ck is will there be a massive bruise there now.

really enjoyed reading that:D:D

cassi wrote: »

Well that's just cute.What a sweet ideal to aspire to.HELLO!!!!!! Take a look at the world around you.It's a fcukin jungle with jungle laws."people don't deserve blah blah blah.Look around.Do you know what cognitive dissonance means?

Also their entire act is based on a very limited style of off-centre commercial music.And that is all the substance there is to it.Most of them will eventually grow out of it and laugh at themselves later in life.Others will lose sight of life itself and obsess about their fad until they end up hanging themselves.This has already happened.

I wish the world was all fluffy bunnies and no sharp corners.I wish Buddhism worked.I wish there was a Santa Claus and Mary Poppins............ it's the way things should be.But they're not.

If Emos could find somewhere less public to loiter for hours, like a cafe (knackers think cafes are gay bars and won't go in there), they mightn't find themselves fighting for pavement with scumbags.

Daunt Sq in Cork City is an ancient Scoby burial ground.The Peace Park is for people to enjoy not to be depressed in.

I'm pretty sure of this to which is why I never said it.

ps A dose of proper E would do them the world of good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Misanthrope, you'd best quit while you're ahead.

Your flaming will not be tolerated here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Scumbags pick on the wrong guy.

Added slow motion with Rocky Music = :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Asians, blacks, gays etc, all put themselves in the market for abuse.They might as well paint a target on their ass.Some of them like to mouth off when they are in a group.

They are irresistible to scobes, because they are physically spineless and don't know how to fight.Yet still they will antagonise a gurrier with an eyeroll or a frown or a sneer.

I actually prefer the scobies to those depressive dweebs.Looks like knackers want to live and have their fun and I respect that over,depression,endorsing suicide and sneering.

The knackers are just administering the kind of discipline that asian/blacks/gays parents never bothered to.:D

FYP! :P

Seriously, stop obsessing over these kids. How old are you? Judging by your posts here, it sounds like you are literally handcuffed to these teens and that would explain your anger to them. They are teenagers, you not got better things to be doing then thinking about them?

No child or teenager deserves to have any scumbag attack them for no reason.

Also their entire act is based on a very limited style of off-centre commercial music.And that is all the substance there is to it.Most of them will eventually grow out of it and laugh at themselves later in life.Others will lose sight of life itself and obsess about their fad until they end up hanging themselves.This has already happened.

Complete rubbish, as it's not just this "emo" phase that gets this abuse. I was getting it back in my day, and back in my day there was no such thing as Emo. It's just anyone out of the ordinary. Any style of Rock or Metal will do.
    Yes, a lot of these people grow out of it, but a lot more stay with it for life. Not meaning that they'll all go slit their wrists, but a lot of people who enjoy this music, and this look will conitinue to do so regardless. At the end of the day, it's all just a style. The only "Emo" types I see who look depressed are the ones in music videos. The ones I see while walking down the street are usually hanging out with their mates, and having great craic.

super-rush wrote: »
    I've seen some awful sh1te posted here before but this takes the biscuit.

So you disagree?:rolleyes:That's fine but why are you trying to antagonise me with that kind of response?Should I respond in kind?

"Everything you write is poo poo, I'm so mature and you are not."..... please:rolleyes:

Try making an actual point rather than giving me your smug, self righteous, view from the Ivory tower.

Are you an Emo or a Goth or something?If so grow up fella.There's a lot more to life than being a miserable sor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

So you disagree?:rolleyes:That's fine but why are you trying to antagonise me with that kind of response?Should I respond in kind?

"Everything you write is poo poo, I'm so mature and you are not."..... please:rolleyes:

Try making an actual point rather than giving me your smug, self righteous, view from the Ivory tower.

Are you an Emo or a Goth or something?If so grow up fella.There's a lot more to life than being a miserable sor

When did i say that everything you posted was ****e?

Why are you trying to antagonise people by saying that because you dress different you deserve a beating?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's your friends fault. How dare they not wear a Celtic top with trackies and Nike Airmax.
    theyre ignorant, uneducated, self-absorbed morons.

sellthick supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You sir are definitely in a position to call people smug and self-righteous, Mr.AnyoneWho'sDifferentDeservesToGetTheShítKickedOutOfThemBecauseThey'reNotNormalLikeMe.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Complete rubbish, as it's not just this "emo" phase that gets this abuse. I was getting it back in my day, and back in my day there was no such thing as Emo. It's just anyone out of the ordinary. Any style of Rock or Metal will do.
    Yes, a lot of these people grow out of it, but a lot more stay with it for life. Not meaning that they'll all go slit their wrists, but a lot of people who enjoy this music, and this look will conitinue to do so regardless. At the end of the day, it's all just a style. The only "Emo" types I see who look depressed are the ones in music videos. The ones I see while walking down the street are usually hanging out with their mates, and having great craic.

Oh, I suppose I don't like Rock or Metal.I'm anti them in your eyes now, is it?
    I have a massive collection of music of almost all genres.I'm not sure whether to dress like James Hetfield or Cab Calloway or Johnny Rotten.Oh hang on, I'll just dress like me.It's the music I like.
    I like Charlie Parker, but if I emulated everything he got up to I be dead by now.I still listen to his music.Love Jim Morrison, don't want to be found dead in the tub.

For a lot of kids, the bands they listen to become less about the music and more about the shock value or sartorial obsession.It is a marketing operation.The music is the least important factor.The image is everything because it is the brand.

Love music for music's sake.Make music.Take up an instrument but don't abuse it for teenage pissing competitions

You got some cheek :rolleyes:

You pretty much agree with these skangers attacking people because you have some warped view of teens who get into music and just assume they are stereotypes.

There has been a few deaths of teenagers in Britain because they were attacked by scumbags (having fun) just cause of these stereotypes, people who hold these stereotypes are of equal intelligence to people who attack others because of colour, race, creed or sexual lifestyle.

Do you praise those who attack blacks, gays, women?

You sir are definitely in a position to call people smug and self-righteous, Mr.AnyoneWho'sDifferentDeservesToGetTheShítKickedOutOfThemBecauseThey'reNotNormalLikeMe.

Sir? Why are you calling me sir?To give yourself a pretentious air of authourity?Fail.I haven't done any monarchs any favours so you are under no obligation to call me by that title.

I never claimed to be 'normal' because that term only has a specific meaning in the world of math.I never decreed what is 'normal', only what I believe and what I would do.

I've been around a while now and I've watched various forms of crap youth culture come and go.The Emos will disappear too only to be replaced by something pretty much the same but with a different label.Roll up roll up, ye suckers.You can't listen to the music if you're not wearing the T shirt.

For a lot of kids, the bands they listen to become less about the music and more about the shock value or sartorial obsession.It is a marketing operation.The music is the least important factor.The image is everything because it is the brand.

Love music for music's sake.Make music.Take up an instrument but don't abuse it for teenage pissing competitions

The ones who think it's all shock value are the very same ones who, as was said, grow out of it. The others usually do take up instruments and make music. How exactly do you think most of these bands start? People get inspired by music, and think "I wanna do that", and the cycle continues. As far as abusing it for teenage needs, the lyrics and aggression in a lot of this stuff appeals to teenagers, which in turn leads starting bands.

Misanthrope do not post in this thread again.

You got some cheek :rolleyes:
    You pretty much agree with these skangers attacking people because you have some warped view of teens who get into music and just assume they are stereotypes.

Oh here we go.That sentence is nothing but a wild accusation with nothing to back it up other than the 'hurt' tone that comes with it.Did you ever stop to think you might have a warped view of "scangers", or that maybe when you make such a generalisation you are tarring some people unfairly.

Is it a straight out slagging match you're looking for.I have aHarraps Slang dictionary here, choc full of baseless insults.Locked and loaded..... Mr Poopy Pants!!!!!
    There has been a few deaths of teenagers in Britain because they were attacked by scumbags (having fun) just cause of these stereotypes, people who hold these stereotypes are of equal intelligence to people who attack others because of colour, race, creed or sexual lifestyle.

Do you praise those who attack blacks, gays, women?

This rhetorical question is incendiary posting.What you have done here is a tawdry attempt to smear me.You know full well I don't.So why did you even ask?Why?No seriously, why did you ask me that when you know the answer?

You firstly roll out a loose anecdote with no sources.You then establish a bunch of reasons behind the vague tale.Colour, creed race etc.

You then associate me to those things to smear me.You played the race card on me without even knowing my ethnicity.I think you might be the one who dwells on race.

let me put you straight.

I am not racist.Go and find a racist post by me on this site or any other .You won't be able to.

Go find a post where I rejoice in the suffering of of innocents.

As for creed.I openly despise religion and have no shame about that.I don't deny people their right to religion.But if they stick it in my face I will strike back.Do you have a problem with that?

I may have come across a little 'Noir'( oh look I'm racist),in trying to point out that Emos could make life a lot easier for themselves.

As for scumbags.I'm not blowing my horn here but I stand up to them.They could make life easier for themselves but like the other side they don't want to give an inch either.Somethings got to give in a situation like that.

I have never ever laid a finger on the Alts or Emos or Cureheads, though one or two have antagonised me in the past.

The bottom line really is ,if you are a wuss don't go hanging in places where scobes are likely to show up at.Before you wet your knickers,I'm not implementing a law here,just giving a bit of advice.Scobes are less likely to change than you guys especially if you don't stand up to them.

deathrider wrote: »
    The ones who think it's all shock value are the very same ones who, as was said, grow out of it. The others usually do take up instruments and make music. How exactly do you think most of these bands start? People get inspired by music, and think "I wanna do that", and the cycle continues. As far as abusing it for teenage needs, the lyrics and aggression in a lot of this stuff appeals to teenagers, which in turn leads starting bands.

That actually made me consider something.A lot of the music these kids listen to is about death and despair and violence and as you said above aggression.How do they consume it so readily in musical form, yet when reality offers them it's take on their fetish, they crumble.Careful what you wish for.It might be a joke to you, but to some weirdos out there it's real life, and I'm not even talking about scobes here.

Then we have "high school shootings" like Columbine.It wasn't the local knackers who gunned down that school.Do I need to give a dissertation on Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

Misanthrope banned for ignoring Mod instruction and flaming.

Oh here we go.That sentence is nothing but a wild accusation with nothing to back it up other than the 'hurt' tone that comes with it.Did you ever stop to think you might have a warped view of "scangers", or that maybe when you make such a generalisation you are tarring some people unfairly.
    I admit, I have a warped view of skangers, to anyone here who likes attacking people on the street for no reason, I am sorry I generalised you.
    You firstly roll out a loose anecdote with no sources.You then establish a bunch of reasons behind the vague tale.Colour, creed race etc.

You then associate me to those things to smear me.You played the race card on me without even knowing my ethnicity.I think you might be the one who dwells on race.

let me put you straight.

I am not racist.Go and find a racist post by me on this site or any other .You won't be able to.

Go find a post where I rejoice in the suffering of of innocents.

As for creed.I openly despise religion and have no shame about that.I don't deny people their right to religion.But if they stick it in my face I will strike back.Do you have a problem with that?

I may have come across a little 'Noir'( oh look I'm racist),in trying to point out that Emos could make life a lot easier for themselves.

As for scumbags.I'm not blowing my horn here but I stand up to them.They could make life easier for themselves but like the other side they don't want to give an inch either.Somethings got to give in a situation like that.

I have never ever laid a finger on the Alts or Emos or Cureheads, though one or two have antagonised me in the past.

The bottom line really is ,if you are a wuss don't go hanging in places where scobes are likely to show up at.Before you wet your knickers,I'm not implementing a law here,just giving a bit of advice.Scobes are less likely to change than you guys especially if you don't stand up to them.

Yawn! look at your first post with the sentence
    "The knackers are just administering the kind of discipline that alt parents never bothered to"

Internet tough guys are the best, yawn! :rolleyes:

People who attack women have warped views of them as "bitches" or other sexist stereotypes.
    People who attack black people usually come with some nice stereotypes "criminals" "gang members" blah blah blah
    People who attack gays usually come with more stereotypes for justifying it.

Anyone who attacks anyone in an unprovoked fashion or defends attacking a cetain type of people usually have a bunch of excuses or reasons why the victim is more to blame than the attacker. I did not call you a racist, sexist or bigot. I am just saying, you are following a very obvious trend that people who are sexist, racist and bigoted follow.

You have come here with only sterotypes for millions of teenagers, and blamed kids for doing pretty much nothing and getting attacked as a result.

Time for you to life some internet tough-guy weights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This is hardly just the preserve of scobes though - little retard frat boys also prey on those who inhabit the outskirts of their own narrow view of the world.
    Seloth wrote: »
    While you'd migt expect this from people in teir younbg to mid teens the people who were mainly attacked tem were in their late teens and early 20's!
    Heh. It's not actually that shocking - they're not that mature an age just yet... :pac:

Advertisement