Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wave Depression Watch 16th/17th November - Low Risk of Intense Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hi all, lurker here and yes, much more sustained here now than last week, am in co Waterford in a pretty exposed location (220m). It's been lashing and gushing for the past 2 hours (at least). Some v strong gushes and rain.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Definately windier than last Sunday week.. the constant wind rumble from last Thursday returneth !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hi all, lurker here and yes, much more sustained here now than last week, am in co Waterford in a pretty exposed location (220m). It's been lashing and gushing for the past 2 hours (at least). Some v strong gushes and rain.:)

Gusts?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Gusts?:)

oops, yes :o
    am French, if that's any excuse :p

edit : thks all you weather people btw, hardly ever check tv anymore, yous are my forecasters of choice although don't always understand everythg ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Met Eireann's aviation chart for midnight has the low centre of 965hPa located around 150 miles due west of the Connemara coast, with the occlusion lying over the country, roughly north Mayo to Waterford, moving NE at 20kts. There is a chance of thunderstorms in the west, nearest the low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Big big gust just there with horizontal rain lasting around a good 30 - 40 seconds

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Huge gust there now, measured 66km/h, the house rocked :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

John2009 wrote: »
    Big big gust just there with horizontal rain lasting around a good 30 - 40 seconds

43kmh out my back which is sheltered a good bit. 19.03
    it's showing at

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Forecast for coasts from Mizen Head to Loop Head to Rossan Point
    Wind:
    Southeast gale force 8 or strong gale force 9, occasionally reaching storm force 10 for a time early tonight. Veering south to southwest overnight and decreasing force 6 to 7 by morning. Backing southeasterly force 7 to gale force 8 between Loop Head and Rossan Point by noon.

:) I love that phrase ( my 3rd favourite)
    [/FONT]

What was your highest on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

gah, blown away around cork this evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

irish1967 wrote: »
    What was your highest on Sunday?

I'm guessing you mean last Thursday, well highest mean was 24km/h with a gust max of 48km/h. So far today highest mean is 34km/h with a gust of 66km/h so its a big difference.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Ship SCKB a few hundred miles WSW of Valentia reported sustained winds of 58kts at 1800! Waves were 10.5m.....not a place to be!

Houses just aren't what they used to be:)
    Sorry, just jealous. I'm stuck inside with no windows or idea what it's like outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Tuesday 16th Nov 2010: 19.30:
    Rain 11mm last hour
    Gusts: 43 kmh 19.03
    Q 998.2hPa -2.2hPa/hr
    Temp: 10.3 steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Ok back at house now. This is not funny. No way of measuring wind but there is a horrible hissing noise from windows when it gusts. Also trees out front (10 to 12m) are roaring and flexing.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Definitely stronger gusts (louder? it's my only unit of measurement, I've asked for a a weather station from Santy) than Carmen gave last Thursday, and more sustained too. Need to go out and throw a couple of breeze blocks on top of the rabbits hutch - just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Very gusty here with heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Howling here now with sounds of a few loose things moving around, few pots fallen over.

Radar image looks pretty impressive on Met.ie . It's hard to make out my location on it though.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=135075&stc=1&d=1289936585

A few nice red returns on it too. Hoping for some thunder out of it soon.

• Advertisement

I wont believe its windy till I see the 20:00 FTR

(Flying Trampoline Report) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

isint today one year since the floods in cork??

good thing low tide is at the moment

Houses just aren't what they used to be:)
    Sorry, just jealous. I'm stuck inside with no windows or idea what it's like outside

Hope you get parole before the Christmas snow thread;)

irish1967 wrote: »
    Hope you get parole before the Christmas snow thread;)

I'm up for early release at 11 tonight.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Late to this thread..was this predicted at the weekend? I don't recall anything official.

Cork Airport 33 gust 51 kts at 1930

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Another clip here of a factory up the road from my house with some flood lights lit up behind it and you can make out the rain sheets blowing sideways,

the clip was shot with a Panasonic TZ3 and zoomed in at the maximum of 10x optical, cant wait to recieve my FZ100 from Amazon hopefully tomorrow

mike65 wrote: »
    Late to this thread..was this predicted at the weekend? I don't recall anything official.

Depends on who you take your official predictions from.
    Deep Easterly started this thread last Saturday so I suppose the answer is yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well I was thinking about met error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

What a wonderfull evening in WCork, house is sheltered from the W&N and open to the E&S so I'm getting a serious hammering here, I can hardly hear myself type :D.
    This is more like it. :) Pity its not daylight to see the trees.

Advertisement