Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity...prestigious or overrated?????

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

knipex wrote: »
    Such a bunch of superior
    Correct, most graduates are superior to non-graduates.:D

Since when was university not part of reality anyway? Hogwarts is just in a movie you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

I wonder how the sudden impact on reality, once you leave the sheltered halls of academia, will impact on the rest of your lives.

Don't worry. I'm grand no matter what.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

If the (majority) of posters on this thread are thread or typical of the current generation of students and the future of this country...

Well then I despair...

Such a bunch of superior, arrogant, twats I have not seen outside of a pre school.

I wonder how the sudden impact on reality, once you leave the sheltered halls of academia, will impact on the rest of your lives.

I was tempted to say 'silence, pleb' but I was worried he wouldn't get the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

JonJoeDali wrote: »
    Because "sports science" is of great intellectual importance to the future of humanity. If I had a penny for every gym-goer I see on various popular TV shows who fancies an easy body beautiful by getting a job in the local gym, I'd be a rich man.

You clearly dont understand what sports science is.

And your clearly a ****ing knob hahahaha.

Dont worry, you'l get laid soon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

mushykeogh wrote: »
    You clearly dont understand what sports science is.

And your clearly a ****ing knob hahahaha.

Dont worry, you'l get laid soon

In before infraction

Also, if you want to swear, setting one of the letters in your post to black lets you do it like a fucking pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-5palms.html

Trinity College named 30th best business school in the world and best in Ireland. More prestige :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

higgz wrote: »
    http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-5palms.html

Trinity College named 30th best business school in the world and best in Ireland. More prestige :)

Did you bother to look at their methodology?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

brian cowen went to ucd.

trinity wins by default.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Einstein? wrote: »
    brian cowen went to ucd.

trinity wins by default.

Don't forget Charles Haughey too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Einstein? wrote: »
    brian cowen went to ucd.

trinity wins by default.

Brian Lenihan went to Trinity, what a disaster he was.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Brian Lenihan went to Trinity, what a disaster he was.
    But the guy who fooked the country up was also a UCD man, Charlie McCreavy.

Before this continues, we all realise that measuring a college's quality through the actions of one or two alumni is retarded, right?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Look there are many people in Fianna Fáil who went to UCD and Trinity and there are even more in the opposition.

Dan_Solo wrote: »

He was only there until 2004. It was Cowen and Bertie who did nothing after he left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Lucinda Creighton was the leader of young Fine Gael in Trinity. Universe explodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

higgz wrote: »
    He was only there until 2004. It was Cowen and Bertie who did nothing after he left.

ROFL. And Cowen and Bertie went to UCD! (at least one of them did anyway).

Denerick wrote: »
    Lucinda Creighton was the leader of young Fine Gael in Trinity. Universe explodes.

Leo Varadkar went there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

This thread just gets cringier and cringier...

ROFL. And Cowen and Bertie went to UCD! (at least one of them did anyway).

Bertie Ahern claims he went to UCD and the London School of Economics but neither of the universities have records to suggest that he was ever enrolled as a student - i.e., he lied.

andrew wrote: »
    Before this continues, we all realise that measuring a college's quality through the actions of one or two alumni is retarded, right?

Eh, guys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Eh, guys?
    And you expected them to listen? Have you looked at what they're posting? :pac:

Eh, guys?

LOUD NOISES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Dara Ó Briain went to UCD (Maths and TP!), so that's a point to them.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Dara Ó Briain went to UCD (Maths and TP!), so that's a point to them.

Don't forget half the cast of Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'd rather. Crap show.

Baza210 wrote: »
    I'd rather. Crap show.

You're either an extreme right-wing catholic or upper-class disgruntled protestant who doesn't like to engage in common chitter-chatter.

I seem to recall hearing how Mary Harney got some in the Phil/Hist during her time there. Don't think that's a plus for Trinity though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Great. A €25k a year job in a multinational. You even get to admire the view of the industrial estate from the "coffee station".

Trinity college graduates are all getting into Computer Science to do what then? Run daddy's company? Or does the history of computer science lead to work in MacDonalds?

UL may have dumbed down but it's electronic engineering course was one of the toughest anywhere. I have worked in Silicon Valley with UL people and Stanford people, Trinners graduates are not really expected to work after college I guess. Unless it is law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Don't worry. I'm grand no matter what.

Oh, I imagine you are. Pity we cant have a 100% inheritance tax so people with little or no ability, intellect or anything really would have to contribute to society,

• Advertisement

Oh, I imagine you are. Pity we cant have a 100% inheritance tax so people with little or no ability, intellect or anything really would have to contribute to society,

LOUD NOISES!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement