Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Out! Airtricity about....

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

moomoocow wrote: »
    Well for a start anyway you'd want to learn how to spell.

Yes i use a Ustername like everyone but what im trying to say is would you be such a big man and be all talk to one of theres reps if you were face to face.

You make alot of clams of people doing this and that you'd want to have some kind of proff to back theres clams up.

Witch begs the question are you in fact a falied salesman of some sort?

14581d1283463515-question-will-voted-most-stupid-double-facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Well for a start anyway you'd want to learn how to spell.

Yes i use a Ustername like everyone but what im trying to say is would you be such a big man and be all talk to one of theres reps if you were face to face.

You make alot of clams of people doing this and that you'd want to have some kind of proff to back theres clams up.

Delighted to see your spelling is 100% moomoocow :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I find this bit hilarious. Those guys going door to door are not salesmen. If they were any good at it they wouldn't need to completely bull**** you or lie to you to make a sale. Also they wouldn't be working for free if they were any good as salesmen.

I worked in sales for years and Id say out of the 20 or of those guys who have come to my door only 3 of them could actually give you a decent sales pitch. The rest are just horrible at it.

Now sure they are guys trying to make money in hard times etc etc But trying to sell like the dodgy characters salesmen are perceived to be wont get you far especially cold calling on a residential door step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭moomoocow

I take it your reference to spelling refers to "oyu" as opposed to "you" and "sown" instead of "down"; these are typos and not misspellings.

I also take it that your lack of punctuation and your spelling is meant to be humorous. Failed!

I have had these salespeople at my door. I have caught then out on the incorrect information they peddled. so, yes I have talked to them face to face.

I have never been employed in sales. Not even anything close.

I have plenty of proof of what Airtricity people incorrectly claimed at my home and I'd love to know how you feel otherwise. What basis have you for assuming so much about me? What is wrong with a decent measured debate on this subject?

Oh, and remember this:

and

You didn't know that Bord Gais Energy have generated Electricity since 2009. Or that not all their electricity is generated by wind power, or that they pay carbon tax. Or that Airtricity is a trading name of Scottish and Southern.

You promised to say no more, as you would be wrong. And wrong you certainly have been. Talk to your friend in Airtricity again and get some facts. Not that a lack of facts stops you making accusations against me.

Maybe because i have better things to do then spend all day looking up facts about companies and trying to make myself look smart.

Im sure you have met them face to face but what im saying is would you or anyone ealse on this do what they clam they would do to the people who call to them? I think not.

As i said before im sure there not going to be worried about people who have thousands of post on a website and think there some kind of voice of the people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Maybe because i have better things to do then spend all day looking up facts about companies and trying to make myself look smart.

like spend all day posting rubbish about something you know nothing about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't think it's to make yourself smart why you should be doing that. It's to make sure what you are saying is correct. If you going to make a claim about a company (or a person for that matter) you really should be able to back it up with facts and not just here-say or waffle that you heard from a mate down the pub.

like spend all day posting rubbish about something you know nothing about?

I never said i knew anything about it did i? I dont clam to know everything but some people hear seem to think they do

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@moomoocow Please familiarise yourself with the concept of "Attack the post, not the poster".

Personal abuse towards a fellow poster will not be tolerated. Please take the time to read the forum charter before posting again.

To all other posters The same message applies, personal abuse and intolerance will result in immediate bans.

dudara

It's funny the only reason i post anything on this is to rise people and show how sad you people really are. By that i mean if your sad enough to go on an internet site to piss and mone because someone knocked on your door and made you get up to answer it you really would want to get a life. I think iv good quite a good job of what i set out to do

moomoocow Banned for 7 days for continuing the argument.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Iv no idea what peoples experences are with Airtricity reps but to be fair the title of this thread makes out that there trying to rob people of something

I think that this thread has ran for long enough at this stage.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement