Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PWC - Accountants brought to book over raunchy emails - See mod note post 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That is just so completely and utterly fncking wrong what the Herald have done.

Splashing their faces on the front page like murder victims.

They should all sue collectively for whatever they can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The herald and indo are rags, no better than bog roll.

No one has been fired yet FYI.not saying how i know that as the lazy journalists would probably read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

The Herald is probably going to get sued for posting those pics. One of the biggest rag papers around imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,944 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

seamus wrote: »
    That is just so completely and utterly fncking wrong what the Herald have done.

Splashing their faces on the front page like murder victims.

They should all sue collectively for whatever they can think of.

scandalous

Cyrus wrote: »
    scandalous

It's the herald, what do you expect? It's marketed towards "the common man". How I ****ing detest the comman man. This is NOT frontpage worthy stuff by any means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that they'll be losing their jobs. Serves them right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,944 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that they'll be losing their jobs. Serves them right.

yeah, hopefully they will get jail too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Actually lookin at it again there's 3 girls there I recognise. Must be harcourt street regulars on nights out

Cyrus wrote: »
    yeah, hopefully they will get jail too :pac:

Ahh, Sarcasm:)

I hear the feds are a knocking as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

there may be a case for having the guy who initiated the email sacked, the others I would give a final warning to... If this stuff is as common as suggested all accountancy firms should send around an email to all staff, letting them know that if this happens again, they wont have a second chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Everyone one of those original men need to be fired. Incredible stupid thing to do. It is one thing to talk about the girls at a coffee break talking amidst themselves - but to do it in a written format where others could read it, is the height of stupidity. It is so wrong on so many levels :mad:

And what the Evening Herald did - talk about an invasion of privacy. I hope they are sued for loads.

I'd say things are interesting on that floor of the office. Can you imagine the reaction of the management and human resources? The fall out is going to be horrendous for their families. Pity they didn't think of that first. Idiots.

Shouldnt the girls take it as a compliment?

Put a top 10 list of guys together who effin cares

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Shouldnt the girls take it as a compliment?

Put a top 10 list of guys together who effin cares

I'd only be happy if I was in the top spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Potential legal cases here!! It is now all over the front page.

PWC better watch themsevles

Does it show they only hire good looking people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

maximoose wrote: »
    here is the herald tonight

So whats everyone's top 10 then :D

kowloon wrote: »
    I'd only be happy if I was in the top spot.

Sorry but I have that wrapped up.

You didnt make the cut the head on ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Mountain out of a molehill tbh.

Got the email earlier. Not a big deal. Herald obviously just want something other than the economy to stick on the front page. Their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭beanyb

I love that the Herald have tried to take some sort of moral high ground on the issue. Calling the girls "victims of a sexist email," while putting their photos on the front of their paper, which makes things so much worse for them.

I agree that this kind of thing goes on in big offices all the time. But putting it in an email is stupid. And it is sexual harassment, even if it could be considered complimentary. They deserve to get sacked for being idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Cardinal rule: presume everything in work email will be read by your boss.

These lads were in the company over a year and they failed to grasp that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ams wrote: »
    Just seen the email there - its innocent enough but really stupid and cringey!
    Saw it, pretty tame to be honest!

One particular guy comments and signature all over it so reckon he is toast.

The guy above refers to the ladies as "New Klunge!
    chrisp2281 wrote: »
    Just saw the email.

Couple of points.

1. It is harmless
    2. I bet every girl on the list is delighted they are on the list
    3. Maybe the company should not post their pictures on the office intranet if they don't want stuff like this to happen
    4. boys will be boys
    someone send me the email!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

It's been linked above already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

beanyb wrote: »
    while putting their photos on the front of their paper, which makes things so much worse for them.
    It's interesting that all those women are quite bland and similar looking - shows how the PWC recruitment process works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

In my experience, the majority of newbies to the "big 4", wouldn't know their arse from their elbow. Their employers also have a fierce biased opinion towards the UCD / Trinners students which IMO is rediculus. It's not suprising that yet again we have another of the big 4 in the news for the wrong reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Reckon the TCD/UCD graduate would usually be from a well-off background and would be more 'appropriate' for dealing with clients?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

It's been linked above already.

No it hasn't...someone please put it up!! It's all public knowledge now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

NickDrake wrote: »
    Does it show they only hire good looking people?

Maybe, impossible to prove though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

aca101 wrote: »
    No it hasn't...someone please put it up!! It's all public knowledge now anyway

It actually has

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Nolanger wrote: »
    It's interesting that all those women are quite bland and similar looking - shows how the PWC recruitment process works.

How many people do you know that look good in their work photos?

Men rate women on their looks in all walks of life. If you could sort the Know Your Nerds or the photos thread in TLL by thanks, I'm sure you'd have a fairly decent ranking system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

stepbar wrote: »
    In my experience, the majority of newbies to the "big 4", wouldn't know their arse from their elbow. Their employers also have a fierce biased opinion towards the UCD / Trinners students which IMO is rediculus. It's not suprising that yet again we have another of the big 4 in the news for the wrong reasons.

Exactly. This is the kind of joke that reeks D4 carry on. Something the goys came up with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Did people get fired in that case?

I'd nearly feel bad for the lads, one f*ck up and they've ruined their whole career.

I would in me f.uck feel bad for them. How dare they debase any colleague or professional equal/peer like that? Those women are graduates (and highly intelligent ones to be with PWC -- they are known for being extremely selective). They deserve whatever backlash they get.

Advertisement