Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PWC - Accountants brought to book over raunchy emails - See mod note post 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

Except for

She's probably humiliated over it

Fair point. That is a bit humiliating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Talk about much ado about nothing. It’s really not that big a deal, bit of harmless fun which unfortunately went outside those it was intended for. A lot worse goes on every day in offices around the country. Shame for those involved as they’ll probably be made scapegoats for a trivial enough matter.

The mail is not even raunchy.

Fair enough, I wouldn't like if it was my daughter or girlfriend.

Would i comment on one I got sent in work, 100% yes!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

chrisp2281 wrote: »
    The mail is not even raunchy.

Fair enough, I wouldn't like if it was my daughter or girlfriend.

Would i comment on one I got sent in work, 100% yes!
    In an e-mail?!

cournioni wrote: »
    In an e-mail?!

Yep, I would reply to the lads on the email. I woudl hope that it would stay in my office but we discuss stuff we probably shouldn't all the time. Do I think it is bad? no. I think it is harmless fun. Whoever sent it outside of PWC is an idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

chrisp2281 wrote: »
    Yep, I would reply to the lads on the email. I woudl hope that it would stay in my office but we discuss stuff we probably shouldn't all the time. Do I think it is bad? no. I think it is harmless fun. Whoever sent it outside of PWC is an idiot!

Exactly. It was a bit of harmless fun that should have been kept within boundries. No sympathy for the idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Take it no one has picked up the second edition of the herald then?

Front page - along with the photos and pages 2 & 3

Nothing else happening that is more important? NOTHING?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Kinda wankery to forward it to the Independant.

Hope that guy is delighted with himself.

Heard the reportr on Radio saying he had feelers out there and couldnt disclose his sources. His independant.ie email address is on the bloody thing... doesnt take sherlock holmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

Have seen it too - very tame but indeed, highly inappropriate.

The Merrill Lynch one a while back (if I recall correctly) was an email forward which had some pics of ladies with national team soccer jerseys painted on their bodies - not in any way the kind of thing you'd throw about a companies email network!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The Merrill Lynch one a while back (if I recall correctly) was an email forward which had some pics of ladies with national team soccer jerseys painted on their bodies - not in any way the kind of thing you'd throw about a companies email network!

Was sent to a client. I assume by mistake.
    Client complained to management.

Several heads rolled and more suspended

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

A lot of people are very high and mighty over this, as someone else says worst things happen in offices everyday.

Appartenly the girls done it to the guys in our office but the lads haven't bothered because the women we work with are a bunch of munters.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

Jesus, didn't realise that one went to clients

The companies have to come down hard on this type of thing though - very foolish behaviour to be putting your job at risk these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

13 people were fired.

wow 13

Didn't know it was that many
    I know someone who was suspended but not fired.

Was big news at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

it's like the darwin awards except with jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

nobody has been fired yet.

Have yous seen the herald they've published all the girls pictures!...how are they allowed do that??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,944 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Dots1982 wrote: »
    A lot of people are very high and mighty over this, as someone else says worst things happen in offices everyday.

totally agree, cant believe the amount of people on their high horse,

what you have to understand is that you are talking about lads in their early 20s, and this kind of thing goes on all the time in large co's with new intake of staff every year, granted putting it on email and sending it about wasnt the cleverest but at its worst its high jinks, the email was incredibly tame,

as far that 'article' in the sindo, what a load of nonsense, 'its believed that several of the girsl are graduates from irelands top universities'

yeah along with 95% of the staff in the co, wtf has that got to do with anything,

the lads will probably get the bullet because the accountancy firms are happy enough to let people off at the moment, but its a total overreaction.

Ive seen a lot worse, from more senior people at christmas parties and nothing ever happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Fairly low thing to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wonder what this situation would be like if it was women who made a list of "Top Totty Lads".

I'd be quite chuffed if I made it on the list :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

1306 wrote: »
    Have yous seen the herald they've published all the girls pictures!...how are they allowed do that??

Even more ballsy is the fact, from across the liffey - I can see they have a man standing outside pwc front door right now selling it.
    No joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

1306 wrote: »
    nobody has been fired yet.

that is mental. I know one of the girls on the list and she's not too bothered by it all, but she hasn't been asked for permission to put it in the paper and I doubt she would give it! Legally do they need it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Choclolate

can someone post it on here.

if the herald printed it, then why not

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Legally, the copyright of the photographs is most likely PWC's assuming they either brought in a pro to do the headshots for the ID cards or got a member of staff to take them during working hours.

Herald could have a breach of copyright case to deal with...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

Choclolate wrote: »

Exactly...if it's in the papers then it's well and truly in the public domain....no reason someone shouldn't be allowed to post it here...come on somebody...im dying to see this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Choclolate wrote: »

The email has a lot of personal info besides the pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Choclolate

http://goingconcern.com/

details in this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

here is the herald tonight

Wow, this just escalated, :D

No saving the lads now from a P45. Unfortunatly for them

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Thats gas I recognise one of them. A bitta talent in PWC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thats mad that the Herald have printed pictures of all the girls involved, complete invasion of privacy. Things are most definitely escalating!

Advertisement