Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Stormy - Sun/Mon (Media hyped storm, never forecast by Met/Boards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Look at the rain:eek:
    Web_radar.gif
    Will it get heavier than that or will it stay "blue" do ye think.
    I was lookin forward to a small bit of a storm:P:D

Becky the Blue Banana !

What's the best site for real time wind speeds ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

heaviest rain will push SE across the country fairly quickly. that is why spot flooding will be an issue.

the 'heaviest' rain will arrive into west coast around 5-6pm and each arrive on the east coast at 11pm or so.

note that the initial 2-3 hrs of rain in west will be predominantly light. drizzle to start off with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Discodog wrote: »
    What's the best site for real time wind speeds ?

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/
    updates every half hour

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    heaviest rain will push SE across the country fairly quickly. that is why spot flooding will be an issue.

Good. My dogs will need a walk this evening along the shore !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Im in wicklow and the clouds have just started passing my house ,it's very foggy atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Camera and tripod set up and ready to go, bring on the wind and rain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

A little earlier and we had blue skies.

Now the barometer is falling and clouds are rolling in.

134005.jpg

rainfall track can be seen on this HIRLAM link.
    Click on nedbor to view it

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

M4 buoy pressure down to 1004 at 12Z. About 3 or 4 mb lower than the models forecast for that time but everything still looks pretty much on track.

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »

Don't you trust our beloved Shannon :D. Mind you if Shannon goes so does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gbee wrote: »
    Bring your camera and a clear plastic bag to protect it. Post the pics. :)

Ha not a chance! My camera is out of action anyway:( I won't be outside for too long hopefully - just a matter of walking from the car to the building:D

Rockall Malin Hebrides:
    Mainly southerly becoming cyclonic 7 to severe gale 9, occasionally storm 10 in Malin and Hebrides, perhaps violent storm 11 for a time later in Hebrides, becoming mainly easterly 6 to gale 8 later. Very rough or high, occasionally very high in Rockall. Rain or squally showers. Moderate or poor.

Lundy Fastnet Irish Sea:
    Mainly southerly becoming cyclonic 5 to 7, increasing gale 8 or severe gale 9, occasionally storm 10 in Irish Sea, perhaps storm 10 later in Lundy and Fastnet. Rough or very rough, occasionally high in Fastnet. rain. Moderate occasionally poor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/shipping/

Feeling quite gusty here in Donegal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Becky the Blue Banana !

lol! very good!

Feeling quite gusty here in Donegal now.

Already? You probably won't see peak gusts for another 6 to 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Wind slowly increasing here(just east of Galway city). That unmistakable noise from the chimney is my only wind gauge...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

The trees are barely moving at all down here. It'll hardly be THAT windy though. Most high winds wont really reach shore at all. Still, it should be worth a trip to Lahinch beach later when the tide is in. Should be high waves

I have this vision. A succession of storms with dire warnings that turn out to be unwarranted. Everyone assumes that forecasters cry wolf & then the big one arrives & no one takes notice.

Already in my local shop everyone is moaning about "they said there was going to be a Hurricane "

On the Isle of Lewis off Scotland, gust of 36 knots recorded. About 10 knots higher than the max gusts for that area suggested by the GFS for this time.

I'd love to there this evening. :D

Gust of 31 knots at Belmullet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

The trees are barely moving at all down here. It'll hardly be THAT windy though. Most high winds wont really reach shore at all. Still, it should be worth a trip to Lahinch beach later when the tide is in. Should be high waves

Nah the swell really isnt hitting untill late tonight. High waves will be in early morning.

It is pretty flat there at the minute.

Someone did put a link here for their weather station at Lahinch but I can't find it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Calm and not a wind around, cloud complety cover the sky - greyish clouds, slightly dull but not too dark overall, hallow sun, and a surprisng chilly afternoon compared to lovely warm sunshine this morning.

The rain is coming!!!:D

Yeah pretty flat alrite and the tides out. I've been watching the webcam at http://www.lahinchsurfshop.com/lahinch/magico.asp?magpage=9.
    The wind hasn't hit yet anyway.

The birds are going crazy here, swooping etc.
    Theres a full line of crows and ravens around my house on the telecom pole lines like something out of hitchcocks film lol , I can see it getting very dark over the mountains , looks like the storm is coming! :D

Someone did put a link here for their weather station at Lahinch but I can't find it now.
    This?http://www.orbitalwinds.com/weather-live.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Bellmullet recorded a 57km/h gust.

Theres a full line of crows and ravens around my house on the telecom pole lines ! :D

they are waiting for the sunday dinner scraps to be thrown out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Yeah pretty flat alrite and the tides out. I've been watching the webcam at http://www.lahinchsurfshop.com/lahinch/magico.asp?magpage=9.
    The wind hasn't hit yet anyway.

Windguru has the swell not hitting untill very late during the night. Wind won't bring waves. Tomorrow morning is the time to see. it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement