Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams Ireland Launched - FREE DELIVERY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

IMightKnow wrote: »
    Ive got 4 items delivered from them in the last 6 weeks and its been nightline delivers each time. They send me a text the night before or the morning of delivery with the tracking number.

They also called to ask which exact house the first time, and subsequent times they called to ask was someone home. Debenhams print your phone number on the address label.

If I were you id ring your local nightline depot in the morning and give your name and address and ask for an estimated delivery time, worst that can happen is they dont have it yet

i tried trackin it on nightline and it says no record - i was thinkin it was nightline from the address bar that pops up when i click the link - even though the page doesn't work.

how do i find out where my local depot is and their contact info thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Did anyone have any luck with the tracking numbers with nightline that are sent to you by Debenhams? I have delivery numbers but no luck putting them into nightline's tracking system.

Did anyone have any luck with the tracking numbers with nightline that are sent to you by Debenhams? I have delivery numbers but no luck putting them into nightline's tracking system.

nope i didn't. the link in my email never worked, and anytime i tried putting it into the nightline tracker on their website they said they had no recollection of it. most annoying not having a clue as to the status of your parcel.

however happy days mine turned up on friday :D in one piece and grand. is now wrapped and under the tree ready for sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

Still waiting on part of an order I ordered in NOVEMBER (17th to be exact!)!! Emailed 11 days ago and nobody has gotten back to me yet. Rang today and was told i could be waiting for a half hour on the call so to ring back tonight after 5.30!!

Shame on them.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Sok2005.

Their tracking system is a joke but thankfully my stuff arrived this evening. I'll see who delivered it and see if there's some correlation between the number debenhams send out and the package... There must be some reason they send out the parcel numbers.

yup - nightline is the delivery company alright. The tracking code i was sent out was (D and then 14 digits) - D48210763xxx002 and i couldnt get nightline to recognise that. So when i got the package yesterday i noticed that inside the delivery code was actually only 11 numbers. so if you put in the first 11 numbers of the tracking number including the D before them you should be able to track the parcel. so... D48210763xxx was the actual nightline tracking number and that brought up the correct info. hope that is of some help to people.

One thing to remember about debenhams delivery though is that they use two different couriers for delivery of different items. the stuff that was brought by nightline were some children's toys and board games. I've an order for some fancy make-up for the SO and that is being delivered (email received saying it has been dispatched) but there's no tracking number with that one - possibly sending it by post and I'll get it in time for Valentine's day.

yup - nightline is the delivery company alright. The tracking code i was sent out was (D and then 14 digits) - D48210763xxx002 and i couldnt get nightline to recognise that. So when i got the package yesterday i noticed that inside the delivery code was actually only 11 numbers. so if you put in the first 11 numbers of the tracking number including the D before them you should be able to track the parcel. so... D48210763xxx was the actual nightline tracking number and that brought up the correct info. hope that is of some help to people.

One thing to remember about debenhams delivery though is that they use two different couriers for delivery of different items. the stuff that was brought by nightline were some children's toys and board games. I've an order for some fancy make-up for the SO and that is being delivered (email received saying it has been dispatched) but there's no tracking number with that one - possibly sending it by post and I'll get it in time for Valentine's day.

i have no clue what delivery company mine came with. there was no name on the van nor on the information. howanever there was NO letter on my tracking number that debenhams sent me so still no idea if it was nightline or not

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Just to add, apparently they will be selling MAC makeup on their website soon too. I was told this by a manager at the weekend and they may be cheaper than BT (Brown Thomas) who currently hold the rights to sell it commercially in Ireland.

Might be worth keeping an eye on as its the best makeup going at the minute if you read all the reviews.. They do sell it on their UK sites currently and prices are cheaper than BT even with the currency change.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

well I ordered my dads christmas present just over a week ago. Id been in store and they didnt have the item in his size so ordered it online there and then in store. No sign of it so rang them today (was on hold for nearly 45 minutes) and they informed me that it had been lost in transit and they would process a refund. LIVID!!! thanks a bunch debenhams!! any idea where (besides debenhams) stocks maine new england??

• Advertisement

Piper101 wrote: »
    well I ordered my dads christmas present just over a week ago. Id been in store and they didnt have the item in his size so ordered it online there and then in store. No sign of it so rang them today (was on hold for nearly 45 minutes) and they informed me that it had been lost in transit and they would process a refund. LIVID!!! thanks a bunch debenhams!! any idea where (besides debenhams) stocks maine new england??

fraid not. that frickin sux rox that they did that to you. and if they knew it was lost in transit sooner they should have told you sooner so you had time to organise a replacement. i mean at this time of year they should assume that EVERYTHING ordered is a christmas present really shouldn't they

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

Piper101 wrote: »

I got the same story from them about a kids toy i ordered. Refunded me too and the toy arrived the next day, 5 weeks after i ordered it! So hopefully yours will show tomorrow!

sok2005 wrote: »
    I got the same story from them about a kids toy i ordered. Refunded me too and the toy arrived the next day, 5 weeks after i ordered it! So hopefully yours will show tomorrow!

i got a phonecall a day or two ago from some bloke in debenhams england following up my email - where i asked where my parcel was. he wanted to check it had been delivered cos it said it had on his system. it had but i was still like why did it take a week after you took my money to dispatch and why didn't the tracking link not work.

he said he had no idea what was wrong with the tracking link, he was sorry and he would look into it, thanks for bringing it to his attention. and as to why they took my money and then only shipped a week later - it is a very busy time of year!!! FFS trying to fob me off with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

I tried to buy twice from them. Both times my ordered appeared to have gone through, funds removed from my account. Then a couple of days after each order, I got a mail cancelling my order telling me I had failed their "internal security checks". I have never had any issue before buying from anywhere online. I mailed and rang their customer service several times to resolve the issue and they couldn't.

To show what a joke they are my fiancée then ordered from them with my card and the order was processed no failure of their security checks there even though she used my card!!

In order to solve the problem I ended up contacting the head of IT in Debenhams. He got someone to solve the issue within a few hours and they promised me vouchers to compensate me for any inconvenience. I'm still awaiting the vouchers...

Steer clear of them of you can!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just to add, apparently they will be selling MAC makeup on their website soon too. I was told this by a manager at the weekend and they may be cheaper than BT (Brown Thomas) who currently hold the rights to sell it commercially in Ireland.

Might be worth keeping an eye on as its the best makeup going at the minute if you read all the reviews.. They do sell it on their UK sites currently and prices are cheaper than BT even with the currency change.

Oh my, that would be amazeballs! :D

And just on the topic, Ive ordered from the website twice and had no trouble. Both items were delivered by Nightline but I never received a tracking number? Or Im just technaphobe and havnt looked for it properly..
    But both items were delivered within a week of dispatching no problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

I could not stomach buying from these rip off merchants,not when they are using a exchange rate of 1.50 :eek:

No more Paddy tax, no more Paddy tax , no more Paddy tax !!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Our parcel never arrived, had to get refund also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Well the bright sparks at debenhams decided that the best way to deliver cocktail glasses was to just put them in a black bag no box !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

sok2005 wrote: »

Funny you should say that because I had no sooner arrived back in the office after replacing his gift (in Timberland aswell so cost me a fair whack) when the courier rang to say he was there to deliver!!! had to tell him to bring it back, no point in having two of them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

Hi Guys,

I just read in this post that you can order online and collect it in Newry to save some money; just wondering how you go about doing this?

Also, I got a debenhams giftcard card from my family. Does anyone know if you can use it online as I cannot find the option? Also, if the amount is in euro, can I use it up the north?

I agree with your posts regarding Debenhams advertising lots of "great deals" that were mostly out of stock! Pain in the butt going through all that hassles ans wasting my time!

Funny, that the .co.uk website has an email address that you can contact but for queries coming from the ROI you must ring them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

07438991 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I just read in this post that you can order online and collect it in Newry to save some money; just wondering how you go about doing this?

I think they are still offering free delivery -so going to Newry won't save you anything .

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Ogham wrote: »
    I think they are still offering free delivery -so going to Newry won't save you anything .

I think the point of Newry is you can shop on the uk site for delivery there and debenhams Irish site is more expensive than Irish one.

Deliverme.ie accept stuff in Newry and send it on, or you can collect from them. It's costly enough though, would need to spend 100+ to save money IMO.

copacetic wrote: »
    I think the point of Newry is you can shop on the uk site for delivery there and debenhams Irish site is more expensive than Irish one.

Thanks Copacetic... I thought it was universally comprehensive what I meant but obviously you people (cough cough - Ogham) are not on the same universe as the rest of us :D Or perhaps they are just sitting on the brains, i.e. they are up their a55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Does anyone know how they deliver? an post?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dee. wrote: »
    Does anyone know how they deliver? an post?

No, its DPD iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Nightline delivered a parcel to me before Christmas. Well when I say delivered, they left it on the doorstep. Thankfully the clothes collection wasn't around the same day and my €150 worth of clothes were in tact when I found them at 9pm that night.

To all the complainers,

I have been ordering from Debenham.ie and all of my packages have been arriving within 3-4 working days and are well protected and packaged.

For example, my Armani Diamonds set came with bubble wrap that was approx 2foot by 6foot and two plastic bags which were sealed and didn't cos me 22cents each. If anything, it was a pain in the a55 trying to get into my stuff.

I applaud Debenhams.ie for their efforts as it has made my life much easier (I am not the best shopper), and I have even started using the reward card (which I think is very sexist - a unisex card would be better) and lastly, you can't beat free delivery!

The only drawbacks is the exchange rate in comparison to Debenhams.com (but prices are still cheaper than other shops in the ROI), still having items up online that are sold out and it been against the law to use a gift bought from the ROI up in NI (but that's not their fault)

To all those who had no problems with Debenhams - just to let you know the Blue Cross sale ends online on Sunday an there is an extra 10% discount code that I found here .. http://www.shoponlineireland.com/discount-codes-vouchers.htm
    . (TD74)

To all those who had no problems with Debenhams - just to let you know the Blue Cross sale ends online on Sunday an there is an extra 10% discount code that I found here .. http://www.shoponlineireland.com/discount-codes-vouchers.htm
    . (TD74)

Merci Beaucoup! Anyone know if this actually works?

• Advertisement

07438991 wrote: »
    Merci Beaucoup! Anyone know if this actually works?

I just used it - and it works fine ( make sure you use capital letters)

Advertisement