Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams Ireland Launched - FREE DELIVERY

Options
  • 04-11-2010 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Email from Debenhams last night to advise that they have set up a Debenhams Ireland website.

For their launch they are offering Free Delivery to Ireland.

www.debenhams.ie

"Free delivery applies to all orders online at debenhams.ie. This offer is not available on Debenhams Gift Vouchers and Gifts Cards, Debenhams Personalised Wedding Stationery, Debenhams Wedding Gift List. Delivery is normally charged at €5 per delivery address irrespective of the number or type of items. We deliver to any ROI address. For full delivery information, please refer to the Customer Services section of our website."

HP_Hero.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

www.debenhams.ie Just to make it easy to get to...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

www.debenhams.ie Just to make it easy to get to...

Thanks - I meant to include the link. I edited my first post to add it there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Great to see this...thanks OP.

It looks like they've stuck us with Irish euro prices which is a pity. Still at least it'll be good for browsing and some more extra choice.

I had a quick look around the Debenhams website this morning and a couple of points>

In addition to postage they also offer free returns, either by post or items can be returned to Irish Debenhams stores. :)

The website unlike the .co.uk one is showing items that are totally out of stock. I looked at the gifts section of the website this morning and sorted in price range low to high. On first viewing, I thought there were lots of bargains. I soon discovered that after clicking on more than 30 items that there were all totally out of stock. This is a crazy waste of time, trying to find stock and really frustrating.. :(

They do have some really good value, particularly in the home/kitchen section. At least I could find stock of some 75% off original priced items in this section.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭magmay

I agree with Siber..would appear to be great offers but a lot of time wasted clicking on items that eventually show not available,wish Debenhams just had sold out under any relevant item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Just getting an intro page, not the real site... where are you guys seeing the actual items?

EDIT: up again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Must have clicked on 50 items, every one of them out of stock! Not good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,016 ✭✭✭✭event

just to let people know, if you are in the north east.

its best to use the uk store and set the delivery option to collect in Newry.

I looked there at a nike duffle bag. On .co.uk its £15 and on .ie its €23.50

quite a difference

an ipod nano is £109 or €147, just if you are buying a lot and already going up to newry in the future, it would be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

I agree
    What looked like great value in Raybans turned out to be a waste of time. All out of stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Perhaps it's as simple as the stock database hasn't been updated yet.

I would give it a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭magmay

Bluetonic wrote: »

I like optimism:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bluetonic wrote: »

[HTML][/HTML]Perhaps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if they're still using the £1 = €1.55 rate, this site is destined to fail

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Looks like bad value. The rate is £1:€1.50 ... thats ugly .. I just priced a dress there ... the majority of other UK websites are charging about £1:1.30, so we're going to pay way over the odds. Plus, delivery (while free at the moment) is going to be €5!

To compare, Asos delivery is €2.99 and its exchange rate is £1:€1.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Are they paying Irish VAT rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Nice to have a debenhams.ie but they need to sort out the displaying of items with no stock. Itsa a huge waste of time.

Also they don't list items which they sell in Ireland and not UK. For instance Galway Crystal is not listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

EVERYTHING I looked at was sold out. Wont be going back until they sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

OUT OF STOCK!! WASTE OF EFFORT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I prefer House of Fraser - Sterling prices and £3 delivery to Ireland. Similar kind of stuff to Debenhams. (Larger items like furniture can't be delivered her though)

More details here

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Agree with everyone else on the "OUT OF STOCK"

I have wasted a lot of time browsing and everything i clicked on in the sale section has no avail:mad:ability

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not sure this should be in bargains alerts, checked at item that is 80GBP on the uk site (about €92 at the moment). It's €125 on the .ie site. nearly 50% extra!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

probably the worst site i visited recently,

checked about 20 items, all out of stock,

continual errors while using the site,

wont be going back there again,

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Has anyone given them any feedback ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

banchang wrote: »

Nope, that seems to be sold out too

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

banchang wrote: »

I emailed re the price difference but no sign of a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Out of Stock... Out of Stock... Out of Stock... Out of Stock... Out of Stock... Out of Stock...

Meh, what a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Its worth checking out HUKD for special offers and then searching the Irish site for them. For example someone posted about Jamie Oliver Tefal frying pans and they are also on the Irish site and in stock. http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=531092&storeName=Debenhams.ie&storeId=10052. And Hurrah the 10% off code PXCP also works on the Irish site:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

A lot of stuff has come back into stock ,might be worth checking for some people.
    They also take returns through their shops ,so you don't have to post it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

lindtee wrote: »
    And Hurrah the 10% off code PXCP also works on the Irish site:):)

Fair play to ye ,I was happy enough with my order and you just saved me another 13.50.

Good start to the crimbo shopping:D

Edit : Check out their christmas cracker range

• Advertisement

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    A lot of stuff has come back into stock ,might be worth checking for some people.
    They also take returns through their shops ,so you don't have to post it back.

Do not assume that because you finally managed to successfully order something that appears to be in stock that you will actually get it. I ordered a number of items yesterday and I have just received an email from Debenhams under the guise of an order update which then goes on to list all of the items I ordered as being updated to a status of "Unable to Fulfil".

In short - A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!

Advertisement