Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams Ireland Launched - FREE DELIVERY

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

banchang wrote: »
    Has anyone given them any feedback ?

This is the reply I got when I emailed them regarding displaying out of stock items and a couple of other nigges I found with the site. Sounds like a stock reply to me :rolleyes:.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail and we are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the design of our web site.

We currently review and develop the services and products we offer to our customers on our web site. We will take the comments you have made into consideration when we next review changes to our site.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to e-mail us and should you require any information on the services we currently offer, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Customer Resolution Team
    Debenhams Retail PLC

I agree the pricing/exchange rate is dreadful - don't see how they can justify it when the old chestnut of "higher operating costs" in store in Ireland vs the UK (staff costs/rent etc) don't apply to a web operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

siber wrote: »
    In short - A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!

I hear you ,my order is still floating around on their system approved.

They must be having a nama or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Don't buy anything from their online store. Placed a massive order today and everything went through perfectly. Then tonight got the "unable to fulfill" email. Load of crap. Don't waste your time.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Don't buy anything from their online store. Placed a massive order today and everything went through perfectly. Then tonight got the "unable to fulfill" email. Load of crap. Don't waste your time.

I decided to given them a change and buy a few small items. A week after ordering I've just gotten a 'your order has been received' email!

Farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CH3OH

As Debenhams seem to be a disaster, I'd recommend House of Fraser

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/
    The delivery charge is £3
    They shipped by DHL and was fully traceable on the DHL website.
    I ordered around 10pm on the 7th November and it was delivered on the 11th
    There is £5 off today on orders over £25 using code ACW48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was tempted to put in an order with Debenhams, but after reading some of the posts here, won't bother, will put an order in with House of Fraser instead. £3 sounds very reasonable for courier delivery too. Is there any delivery restrictions to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

ordered from debenhams last night, ordered a dress and 4 small books as stocking fillers, received email today saying none of the books are available but dress is available

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kat151283

I have to agree its an awfull site,i won't be going near it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Absolutely everything I've looked at is listed as out of stock, and after reading this thread I'm glad I didn't find anything in stock that I wanted to buy. Why launch the site if they can't support it properly? Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CH3OH

lindtee wrote: »
    Is there any delivery restrictions to Ireland?

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/M116_EDITORIAL_CONTENT_DELIVERY_OPTIONS_AND_CHARGES/M116_EDITORIAL_CONTENT_DELIVERY_OPTIONS_AND_CHARGES,default,pg.html#1
    My reading of the Exclusions:
    Large items
    large electrical >26" tv's;
    Furniture
    Groceries and food

• Advertisement

dress dispatched, pity about the books but it was the dress I really wanted

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

copacetic wrote: »
    I decided to given them a change and buy a few small items. A week after ordering I've just gotten a 'your order has been received' email!

Farcical.

and now a few hours later an update that all the items except 1 'can't be fulfilled'.

It's gets more farcical, what a bunch of cretins!

I'd advise everyone to stay away from their site at all costs..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Any other good cheap clothing websites like houseoffraser that ship to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Phoned them to ask why my order was not fulfilled, they told me that their system is not live, so if you order from them they take the order, then go off to see if they have the item in stock, only took them a week to do that. Seems they are more of a online shopper rather than an online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

pauleoin wrote: »
    Phoned them to ask why my order was not fulfilled, they told me that their system is not live, so if you order from them they take the order, then go off to see if they have the item in stock, only took them a week to do that. Seems they are more of a online shopper rather than an online store.

Im going to phone them and give them a piece of my mind also - what a load of crap ordered last Monday night got the email confirming back - then when i hadn't heard anything by Thursday I rang and they said that the order wasnt on the system that they were having problems so to re-order - so i did and "all in stock" again! So i rang them a few hours later to make sure they got it and they said that they had - status was confirmed then on saturday evening - now when i checked this morning it looks like both orders have been processed and of course the most expensive item in the basket can not be fulfilled - so now im after missing out on the 25% on it -

Id say ill be doing a lot of returning and im going to demand that i get a 25% voucher for the coat so that i can buy it in store now!

Never using this site again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

yesno1234 wrote: »

There's a good few listed here ...

Womens : http://www.shoponlineireland.com/womens-ladies-clothes-ireland.htm

Mens : http://www.shoponlineireland.com/mens-clothes-ireland.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ridiculous, I put in a big order and none of it could be "fulfilled" :rolleyes:

What a crap website!

received mine today, it was dispatched on the 20th, i got a text yesterday with the tracking number and to let me know to expect the delivery today

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

yesno1234 wrote: »

Many more listed here http://www.online-shopping-ireland.com/online-shops/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I think Debenhams have sorted out most of the problems they had. Much more items in stock now - I ordered some clothes last Thursday and they arrived today. (Still doing free delivery too)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I got my stuff a couple of weeks ago ,it was a bit messy but worked out in the end.
    Brought some items back ,no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Ok where do i start, Ordered two seperate orders about two weeks ago during their 20% off sale. One order turned up fine, second order partially turned up and was given a tracking number for remaining portion. Tracked the remainder only to find it had been returned to Debenhams as damaged in transit. Fair enough theses things happen. Then went onto site last monday night to put in a replacement order, and ended up putting in 6 seperate orders. Got e-mail to say stock was ok on all items, but on wednesday got e-mail to say the usual unable to fulfill on one item. Again fair enough as they were sending out the remainder of that part of the 6 part order. On Friday got 6 e-mails to say 6 orders had been dispatched, and today recieved 5 packages. When i tried to track the sixth missing package i was unable to, so contacted customer services who said it was showing as pending on Nightlines website. Nightline however were not able to track parcel at all. Now Nightline always text the night before to let you know your order is out for delivery the following day. I recieved 5 of these texts last night corresponding to 5 deliveries today, but here i am now just before midnight and no text. Status is still showing so i am as good as starting to accept this order is also going to end up returned to depot. So in the short waht i actually got i was very happy with but out of 8 orders, to date one has failed to deliver, one has been partially fulfilled and i would bet my bottom dollar the outstanding order will be returned to depot. Five out of eight is not very good albeit money has been refunded its just the inconvenience of it all.:( Would i use them again, probably not when they start charging delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

tommyh1977 wrote: »
    Ok where do i start, Ordered two seperate orders about two weeks ago during their 20% off sale. One order turned up fine, second order partially turned up and was given a tracking number for remaining portion. Tracked the remainder only to find it had been returned to Debenhams as damaged in transit. Fair enough theses things happen. Then went onto site last monday night to put in a replacement order, and ended up putting in 6 seperate orders. Got e-mail to say stock was ok on all items, but on wednesday got e-mail to say the usual unable to fulfill on one item. Again fair enough as they were sending out the remainder of that part of the 6 part order. On Friday got 6 e-mails to say 6 orders had been dispatched, and today recieved 5 packages. When i tried to track the sixth missing package i was unable to, so contacted customer services who said it was showing as pending on Nightlines website. Nightline however were not able to track parcel at all. Now Nightline always text the night before to let you know your order is out for delivery the following day. I recieved 5 of these texts last night corresponding to 5 deliveries today, but here i am now just before midnight and no text. Status is still showing so i am as good as starting to accept this order is also going to end up returned to depot. So in the short waht i actually got i was very happy with but out of 8 orders, to date one has failed to deliver, one has been partially fulfilled and i would bet my bottom dollar the outstanding order will be returned to depot. Five out of eight is not very good albeit money has been refunded its just the inconvenience of it all.:( Would i use them again, probably not when they start charging delivery.

I got my delivery text two days after my order arrived so I wouldn't take not getting a text as confirmation that your order wont arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

I ordered and recieved my order promptly when I used them the week before last

To be honest I'm going to reserve judgement until after the christmas rush - its hard to tell what is courier related and what is service related - I think maybe they were a bit premature in turning on the service before christmas :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

:mad:In my experience they were woeful. Order one thing, but got sent another. I told them about it but they refused to send the right one; I had to re order it and send the wrong one back and then they'd return the money. I said, why don't you send out the correct item and collect the wrong one at the same time, save me p!ssing about (It's hard for me to get out to a post office as I generally work through lunch) but they didn't want to know. So I bite the bullet and go to re-order only to find the price has doubled and they are now out of stock. It means I won't be going back and they'll loose my future custom, and a lot of people here too by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I presume the stock is not been sent from the Irish distribution stores. I was in 3 of them, organizing stock for a concession in their stores. We organised all our stock by ID number printed on the labels. We stock-taked it in 3 hours. Senior managers from Debenhams were looking over our shoulders wondering how we could find stock so easily

On the other hand they had they're stock just hung any where, organised by the date it was put there. I can imagine how they could how they could find items. Computer may say you have it but after 20 mins looking for it, may as well give up.

It would be worth buying some bargains on the launch day of one of their many promotions, but when they start charging for their service I'd expect something along the lines of Next or New Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

sorry to drag up old thread. only seen it now.

a week ago i ordered something from debenhams ie for a christmas gift. the took my money quick enough and said order confirmed when i checked my account. i also got emails to say the same. then i heard NOTHING for a week. no follow up emails, no change on my account. so last night i got fed up and emailed them sayin what the heck, where is my parcel. it was for christmas present etc etc. i got automated response back saying my query was important to them (ha) and they would respond within 5 WORKING DAYS (like that would help for chrimbo).

anywho an hour later i got an email saying parcel despatched. yay. click here to track. so i click on tracking number and it loads a page. oh no wait it doesn't load anything. error/page not found kinda stuff. so i left it and checked again this morning, still no page loading. so i have no idea where my package is, or who it is even coming with, no idea of what day it might come so i presume i am stuck in the house between now and whenever it turns up.

so my two penneth would be don't order from them. a year later and they are a complete farce. if debenhams wasn't bang in the city centre i'd go up to the store, but i thought online ordering would solve my problems, not cause more.

quick question, does anyone have any idea who my parcel might be coming with - ie if i can go directly to the parcel company website, input the tracking number on my email and see where it is?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Its been fastway couriers any time I've ordered from them. Once it has dispatched I find them pretty quick to deliver so you should have it tomorrow or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

lindtee wrote: »
    Its been fastway couriers any time I've ordered from them. Once it has dispatched I find them pretty quick to deliver so you should have it tomorrow or Friday.

i hope so cos since i can't track it i have no idea when i can go out. also there are 4 or 5 houses on this street with the same number, and a lot of delivery drivers who don't know this tend to go to the wrong one, or some really lazy buggers just try to drop it in the enterprise centre up the road :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

Ive got 4 items delivered from them in the last 6 weeks and its been nightline delivers each time. They send me a text the night before or the morning of delivery with the tracking number.

They also called to ask which exact house the first time, and subsequent times they called to ask was someone home. Debenhams print your phone number on the address label.

If I were you id ring your local nightline depot in the morning and give your name and address and ask for an estimated delivery time, worst that can happen is they dont have it yet

Advertisement