Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix (Round 18 of 19)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Slightly off topic here,but did anyone notice that Eddie Jordan was the only one of the three presenters not wearing a POPPY on his lapel. :eek:

EJ was actually wearing one...it was a small metal pin-badge thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Congratulations to the real star of the 2010 Formula 1 season:

2010_-_RB6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

De Hipster wrote: »
    EJ was actually wearing one...it was a small metal pin-badge thingy.

He was def wearing the normal one for quali anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

oglaigh wrote: »
    He was def wearing the normal one for quali anyway

Ya. I saw that too. I remember though he didn't wear one last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,122 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Don't see why it matters to be honest, I notice the other two wearing them but not Eddie, put it down to being more of an English thing to wear the Poppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    McLaren were faster than Ferrari at the first half of the season, Second half Ferrari were faster but not much between them and McLaren varying depending on track, form, drivers. Remember Alonso was happy after a poor result in Silverstone because the car was back on the pace.

Yup for the last 9 races the fastest Ferrari has qualified ahead of the fastest McLaren 6 times out of the 9.

In the first 9 races the fastest Ferrari qualified ahead of the fastest McLaren only 4 times out of the 9.

Overall it's 10 - 8 to Ferrari but McLaren have a slightly better average (best qualifying positions added and divided by number of races) and mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I'm just after posting my five things I think following the Brazilian Grand Prix, it's not as in depth this week-I'm writing a MotoGP one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

frostie500 wrote: »
    I'm just after posting my five things I think following the Brazilian Grand Prix, it's not as in depth this week-I'm writing a MotoGP one as well.

I think your article is excellent except for the last bit concerning why F1 needs to stay in Brazil. The reason it needs to stay there is because its a great track. End of story.

I wouldnt drag in extraneous events like oil reserves. Believe it or not some of us are quite green minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I think your article is excellent except for the last bit concerning why F1 needs to stay in Brazil. The reason it needs to stay there is because its a great track. End of story.

I wouldnt drag in extraneous events like oil reserves. Believe it or not some of us are quite green minded.

Yeah I agree, the principle reason that I have for staying in Sao Paulo is the track and the racing. Apart from that its a world championship so we need to keep at least one race in South America.

In relation to oil, I did word that bit of the post pretty badly I've got to admit. I meant to write more that F1 needs to stay in a country with a growing economy rather than one with growing oil reserves. I can see with how I wrote it that it could easily be misconstrued as a "theres oil being found in country X we've got to stay here" but that wasnt the point I was looking to get across.

Basically I was looking to say that with Brazil's economy continuing to grow it becomes of financial interest for the sport to stay in the country as well as sporting. Bernie and FOM has shown with future additions of India, the US and Russia to the likes of Singapore and the Middle Eastern countries that it is crucial to them that the worlds largest economies have F1. With Brazil's economy growing it becomes almost impossible for the FOM to drop it from the calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

BTW Frostie keep up the writing its first class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Best thing about the race was the news conference after it, both Red Bull drivers ignoring each other, then Alonso talks and they are glued to him, was great to watch.

Advertisement