Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix (Round 18 of 19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,122 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The team had planned to change Alonsos engine between free practice one and free practice two anyway and stated that early in fp1. So not an unexpected developement

Engine sounded ok when Alonso stopped. Didnt blow, but Ferrari engineers had signs it might be time to stop

Free Practice 2 is at 16:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

The team had planned to change Alonsos engine between free practice one and free practice two anyway and stated that early in fp1. So not an unexpected developement

Engine sounded ok when Alonso stopped. Didnt blow, but Ferrari engineers had signs it might be time to stop

Free Practice 2 is at 16:00

pfffft! Thanks for peeing on my parade! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I'm just after posting my practice report from the opening sesion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Will Alonso get a grid penalty for changing engine or am i thinking of old rules here?:confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Beekay wrote: »
    Will Alonso get a grid penalty for changing engine or am i thinking of old rules here?:confused::o

Yeah thats the old rules you can change engines up until qualifying(I think or FP3) without penalty

• Advertisement

De Hipster wrote: »
    pfffft! Thanks for peeing on my parade! ;)

:)

his engine situation does seem a bit worse than some of the others... I'd say all the drivers have it at the back of their minds about their own engines at this stage of the season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Fingers crossed he has some troubles with his new engine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

mickdw wrote: »
    I think webber is a straight guy and wouldnt pull a schumacher.

Yeah, Webber is a decent guy...I do like him...if the points were the other way around with Vettle leading the Red Bull points haul, I would reckon Vettle would take Webber out! Care to remember the straight run down to Turn 12 in Turkey! Who moved over on who!?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

astrofluff wrote: »
    Yeah, Webber is a decent guy...I do like him...if the points were the other way around with Vettle leading the Red Bull points haul, I would reckon Vettle would take Webber out! Care to remember the straight run down to Turn 12 in Turkey! Who moved over on who!?

I think Vettel tries to play the nice guy off the track. BBC done a piece behind the scenes with Red Bull a few races back and showed Vettel coming in while the mechanics all had their breakfast. He was all smiles and greeting everyone and appeared to be mr. nice guy. No sign of Webber,it was all Vettel and Horner. I've no doubt though that he's ruthless,possessing the Schumiesque will to win even if it means bending the rules or just plain breaking them.

Webber on the other hand seems like a down to earth guy. I'd love to go out for a few scoops with him. He knows the score in RB and does well to keep a lid on his emotions with the odd exception like Silverstone. I'd love to see him win it and be able to drive in 2011 'for the craic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

lord lucan wrote: »
    ... I'd love to see him win it and be able to drive in 2011 'for the craic'.

And have the No. 1 car!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

astrofluff wrote: »
    And have the No. 1 car!

And that too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    both drivers should be saying they will do what's best for the team.

Personally, I think it's great to see people actually saying what they think for a change. If there's one thing I hate about F1 it's the corporate-like, sterile facade that so many people put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Personally, I think it's great to see people actually saying what they think for a change. If there's one thing I hate about F1 it's the corporate-like, sterile facade that so many people put on.
    Thats one thing I miss about the likes of Eddie Irvine. Many may think he was a twat, but he regularly spoke his mind which was refreshing among all the others who were just regurgitating the same drivel over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Vegeta wrote: »
    That makes absolutely no sense
    Neither does Renault becoming Lotus and Lotus some other name or 2 Lotuses competing nest year. Strange stuff happens in F1.

Do i think its likely not really, but is possible.

Yes it is but i think you can do it while still respecting your team and team mate.

I think Vettel is a nice guy, i think what we see on tv is genuine. I also think Webber is a nice guy too. On track both are fairly hard competitors. Not long ago any time i saw someone catching Webber i used to think their was a crash coming or someone is going to loose a wing. He is probably one of the hardest guys to overtake in F1. Having said that I do think Vettel is more likely to do something stupid in the next two races given his past form, his inexperience and the fact he is so far behind on points.

Red Bull should be focusing on how they can get Webber to win the championship. Not if their drivers will do something stupid in the race. Their is a chance for Vettel but only if it looks like Alonso wont score points in the race or very few. Of course their comments could just be a smokescreen and they have a plan in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Is that a concrete wall around the last bend? If the FIA wants the track owners to upgrade anything that should be the first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Rob Smedley is a ledge

Rob Smedley is a ledge

What did he say? Not watching the build-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

What's the story with quali being shown upscaled on the BBC HD channel? Is it for UK viewers only??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Also wondering about HD coverage. Don't see it on BBC HD on Sky :(

I believe it's on BBC1 HD rather than BBC HD. Don't have HD myself so ye'll have to do a little searching to see how to tune it.

This should be a nice hectic session. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Wet quali - this could be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Im calling alonso for the title, only realised today he can take the title here :eek: if anyone can can do it he can.
    he might not win it this w/END but he will make it VERY hard to take it away from him in abu dabi

me@ucd wrote: »
    Im calling alonso for the title, only realised today he can take the title here :eek: if anyone can can do it he can.
    he might not win it this w/END but he will make it VERY hard to take it away from him in abu dabi

No betting around for the title but obviously Alonso is warm favorite to win it, ya won't make much money in gambling if you call everything for the favorite. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

amacachi wrote: »
    I believe it's on BBC1 HD rather than BBC HD. Don't have HD myself so ye'll have to do a little searching to see how to tune it.

This should be a nice hectic session. :)

Correct amacachi, thanks.

From eleswhere on the forums;

BBC One HD can be manually added in Ireland using the following details:

Frequency: 10.847 GHz

Polarity: Vertical

Symbol Rate: 22000 (22.0)

FEC: 5/6

have hd sat box and was able to tune in bbc one hd, its on the same transponder as bbc hd

ya won't make much money in gambling if you call everything for the favorite. :pac:

period, which is why I dont ;)

me@ucd wrote: »
    period, which is why I dont ;)

Looks like I've been living a lie so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Bobby04 wrote: »
    Correct amacachi, thanks.

From eleswhere on the forums;

BBC One HD can be manually added in Ireland using the following details:

Frequency: 10.847 GHz

Polarity: Vertical

Symbol Rate: 22000 (22.0)

FEC: 5/6

Ahhhh...nice, cheers for info mate...it does look a little nicer :)

irishj wrote: »
    Ahhhh...nice, cheers for info mate...it does look a little nicer :)

It's ridiculous tbh that they're still not doing it in proper HD at this stage.

• Advertisement

It's ridiculous tbh that they're still not doing it in proper HD at this stage.

propper HD?

Advertisement