Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate?????????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

1) What is your favourite chocolate bar?

It depends and changes with my mood but top 3 that kinda always stick around are Turkish Delight (Frys, the one in the purple metallic paper, not the cadburys one, there's barely any feckin Turkish in those ones :mad:), Mars Delight (I seem to like delightful things...) and Moro.

2) How often do you eat chocolate?

Again, my tastebuds seem to fluctuate so i go from loving chocolate and sweet things to craving salty and savoury things... When I'm in a sweet things mood prob 3-4 bars a week.

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)?

Dark chocolate is the DEVIL. Plus my OH is allergic to cocoa solids so kissing me after I eat anything like dark chocolate makes her ill...

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?

I couldn't care less, because most 'lower fat' things taste mank. Flyte bars aren't too bad, but they're still not great...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like those lil tiny Kinder bars meant for kids. I buy the 16 pack every week in my shopping. :o Other than that, Milkybars are yummy and a bit of chocolate orange. Love chocolate with nuts in it too.

Not sure, just whenever I feel like it. One week I could eat it every day or a few bars a day, the next week I might not eat any.

I'm more of a white chocolate lover, but I wouldn't say no. :)

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?

I watched a documentary once that said people who insisted on consuming low-fat drinks/foods etc., were actually more likely to be over-weight 'cause they'd over-indulge and think, "Ah, this is okay, it's Diet!"... so no, I don't wish that.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭tough__cookie

Wispa is my fave bar but anything from cadburys is good!

I would eat choc everyday if i could, I definatly eat it most days.

I love all kinds of choc, woudnt pick a dark bar though, but I'd eat them away if they were in a box of chocolates.

It would be nice to have a better selection of low fat bars, wouldn't feel so guilty then having a bar. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Am I the only woman alive who does not like chocolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

1) What is your favourite chocolate bar?Moro, kit kat chunky, mint crisp or golden crisp, terrys chocolate orange and mint aeros.pretty much anything with chocolate in it really!

2) How often do you eat chocolate?When im being good, rarely, but when im studying I could have a bar or two a day.

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)?Yep, love it. 70% with mint is lovely, but hard to come by, devine do a range and Aine. anything up to 90% is nice, 99% is a bit much though.
    The Moser Roth ones you get in Lidl or Aldi are the best though, as they're divded into individual portions.

Not really to be honest, would prefer a little bit of the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Suppose people in general who don't like chocolate are rare! We are programmed to like sweet things ;)

It's kind of like saying you don't like bread though, there is such a vast array of flavours available, there is usually something people will like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Yes.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Nope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Caramello, golden crisp, whole nut, moro.

2) How often do you eat chocolate? Probably 2 fun sized bars a day when they're in the house. But I'd only have a full sized one once a week or so.
    Yes - the darker the better. With a huge glass of red wine. I like the dark chocolate from aldi/lidl.
    (their coffee is great too btw)

Don't really care

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

depends.. i go through phases. the past two weeks it has been Kinder Maxis, the two weeks before Snickers, the month before that it was Curly Wurlys. Crunchie's are up there too.

a few times a week. i'm actually not that into chocolate, I could easily go without. [prefer crisps!] but if i'm starving and rushing i'll grab Snickers because it's filling, and lately i'm buying Kinder Maxis because they're small enough to NOT be filling!

no. the only exception is when its teamed with sweet orange or strawberry fillings, but no id never nibble on dark chocolate alone.

don't care. well.. i guess if they tasted the same id go for the lower fat.. but ive never tasted 'low fat' chocolate. i've heard curly wurlys are recommended for people on diets because theres not much in them. but i dont diet..

• Advertisement

Cheese and wine go lovely together - and lately I've been seeing wine flavoured cheese.

Dark chocolate and wine also go lovely together....... wine flavoured chocolate??:pac:

(now before everyone says I'm mad, who would have thought that wine flavoured cheese would be so lovely?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Whispered wrote: »
    Cheese and wine go lovely together - and lately I've been seeing wine flavoured cheese.

Dark chocolate and wine also go lovely together....... wine flavoured chocolate??:pac:

(now before everyone says I'm mad, who would have thought that wine flavoured cheese would be so lovely?)

Nope your not mad people have already bet you to it , you can get cheese flavoured with wine.

J. Emanuel Chocolatier do a wine-in-chocolate pack, with its Bacchus line of truffles flavored with Cabernet, Red Zinfandel, Shiraz, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

1) cadbury's dairymilk

2) almost every day

3) no

4) yes, if it would taste the same as the full fat version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

1) It depends. If I'm eating it to fill my belly something like a Double Decker or Snickers. If it's indulgence with a cup of tea, Twirl or Foxes Classic.

2) Every day (tut tut)

3) No. Ew!

4) Meh, don't mind really.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    J. Emanuel Chocolatier do a wine-in-chocolate pack, with its Bacchus line of truffles flavored with Cabernet, Red Zinfandel, Shiraz, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec.:D

Where can I get these? (will be useful for my husband to know when it goes on my christmas wish list.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm doing a project in college and I need to find out a little info about Irish women and their chocolate habits.

Thanks to whoever takes the time to reply!

1) I rarely eat bars of Cadbury or Nestle any more, the chocolate content has all but gone, it's all milk and sugar now. Bars of Butlers chocolate and anything from Lindt.

2) Abouth three times a month

3) Yes but not bitter dark chocolate, Green and Black's 60% is nice, sometimes the 70% if I'm really in the mood for cocoa.

4) Yes it matters. It'd be great if there were lower fat versions that kept the creaminess (along with the higher cocoa content so you can taste the chocolate of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Whispered wrote: »
    Where can I get these? (will be useful for my husband to know when it goes on my christmas wish list.)

There based in New Jersey, USA.

http://www.jemanuel.com/index.aspx

Chocolate making class:D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

1) What is your favourite chocolate bar? Mmm, at the moment, it's the Dairy Milk Bliss one with the vanilla. It's like a magnum in a chocolate bar. I'm hungry...

2) How often do you eat chocolate? About twice a week?

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)? Not really but I'd eat it if there was nothing else!

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care? Well obviously I'd love if chocolate as we know it was fat-free but low fat versions tend not to taste as good so I just go for the normal kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Toffee crisp!

Maybe once or twice a month

Yes, Frys chocolate cream.

I don't care. The lower fat one would probably not taste as nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm doing a project in college and I need to find out a little info about Irish women and their chocolate habits.

cadbury's clusters (I know its not a bar, but bar wise probably dairy milk fruit and nut

I'd say every day!

Not really

If they tasted the same I'd buy them but I can basically eat whatever I want anyway (for now, go being 17!) so I don't really mind.

Thanks to whoever takes the time to reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Freddos!

I probably have some like 5 days a week (at least)

Not like dark choc bar but in car or desserts it's ok.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

1) Turkish Delight,Starbar,Galaxy,Mint Aero......I cant think of a single bar I wouldnt eat!

2)At least once a day. Have had two bars already:o

3)Like dark chocolate,but not the 70% Cocoa stuff.
    Bourneville is nice

4)Really dont care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

My sister loves the stuff, and is a devil for it around that time of the month. I've never been a sweety / chocolate person, and would never purposely go out and buy some. But I'll answer anyways =/

ebixa82 wrote:

Have no favourite, but if pushed to pick one - maybe KitKat. Much more chocolate than that would make me feel queasy.

At a rough guess, maybe every couple of months, if even that.

No.

Don't really care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

If I dont have one bar of chocolate a day I am a cranky b*tch, Im worse with tea though...Lord help the person that even dares speak to me before I have my first cup of the day. Generally Im a happy morning person but If I find theres no tea bags.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Maddison wrote: »
    If I dont have one bar of chocolate a day I am a cranky b*tch, Im worse with tea though...Lord help the person that even dares speak to me before I have my first cup of the day. Generally Im a happy morning person but If I find theres no tea bags.......

So basically, you're a narky auld mare? :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Fry's chocolate Cream is my favourite, but I only have it once a month or so.

I like the dark chocolate, but only the very good stuff like Lindt or Green and Blacks.

Low fat chocolate would be nice, but I don't eat it that often to really need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Kinder Bueno.

Once a week? I try not to eat it much anymore, but it's so hard to resist!

Green and Black's ... but in TINY doses because it's pretty bitter.

I wish there were ones with less sugar and less fat. So many calories considering the bars are so small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Hershey's. NYOM.

It varies wildly, some weeks I have one bar, others I have chocolate at least once a day! Definitely eat more at the weekends though.

I like chocolate with a high cocoa content. Or dark chocolate with orange in it. Otherwise, meh.

Don't really care. I don't eat chocolate for my figure. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Lidl's white chocolate with crisp bits and nuts

Every other day

Noooo!

It would be a plus if there were low fat versions but they couldn't skimp on taste or what's the point!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

galaxy - plain or ripple

twice a week

yes - borneville

dont really care - it's my treat to myself so it's got to be a bit naughty :P

Advertisement