Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate?????????

Options
  • 02-11-2010 5:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hey Ladies,
    I'm doing a project in college and I need to find out a little info about Irish women and their chocolate habits.

1) What is your favourite chocolate bar?

2) How often do you eat chocolate?

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)?

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?

Thanks to whoever takes the time to reply!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

It's so hard to pick a favourite! I love Flake bars. And Terris Chocolate Orange.
    I eat just as much dark as I do milk, but hardly any white. The Moser Roth dark orange bars from Aldi are always in my treat press, Bournville is another dark kind I love. I eat chocolate every single day, be it in bar, cake or biscuit format. I don't really care about the fat content, I find if I check it it doesn't stop me from eating it but makes me feel a bit guilty so I try not to luck. If there was such a thing as low fat chocolate that tasted as good as the regular kind and was the same price I might buy it alright, but am generally not bothered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

We don't normally allow surveys in this forum.

But if this is for SCIENCE and will one day lead to a possibility of more chocolate, or low fat chocolate, or benefits chocolate, we may be persuaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

1) Milky Bar (Nestle)

2) Every second day (only one)

3) Nope.

4) Don't really care tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

It's so hard to pick a favourite! I love Flake bars. And Terry's Chocolate Orange.

Its not Terry's ...its mine !!

(I'll get my coat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

At the minute it's a twirl

Meh.. I don't really think about it, I like to have it here and there and maybe in the evening watching a movie.

I do like some kinds not of the name as I got it in Aldi

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?
    I think every girl wished they could be more lower in fat but I don't dwell on it much, me love me chocolate :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

- Completely depends on what I'm in the mood for. Twix is usually a favourite, or dairy milk fruit&nut

- uhm... few times a week I guess

- in very small quantities, maybe the 70% ones

- I think sugar is probably the problem with chocolate, not fat... but a sugarfree chocolate bar would probably be ick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Silverfish wrote: »
    We don't normally allow surveys in this forum.

But if this is for SCIENCE and will one day lead to a possibility of more chocolate, or low fat chocolate, or benefits chocolate, we may be persuaded?

Can you imagine a world with loads of low fat, tastier chocolate! Well it's in the research stages!:)

If it goes against the charter feel free to lock..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

1) What is your favourite chocolate bar? Twix

2) How often do you eat chocolate? 3-4 times a week :eek:

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)? Yes, all kinds 70% or below

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care? Don't really care

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm doing a project in college and I need to find out a little info about Irish women and their chocolate habits.

White chocolate with pieces of raspberry

Not often enough

No, it´s too bitter

I´m rather underweight so I wish there was a really fat chocolate bar to make my weight gain speed up a bit....

Totally depends on the humour. Twirls. Drifters. Topics. Moros. Caramellos. Picnics. Curly Wurlys. Green & Blacks. Lindt 70%. Lindt with hazelnuts. Whole Nut. Wispa. Starbar. Doube Decker. :D Get the picture? :pac:

I got into the habit of eating it Daily recently but I'm back to twice a week,

Love good dark chocolate. As above, Green & Blacks, Lindt. Tesco 70% is also yummy. Lidl and Aldi do some good dark chocolate. HATE bournville.

It would be nice to have a lower fat option that tasted good but I'd probably still have my favourites!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Does Terrys Chocolate Orange (the one with the poping candy) count? Otherwise Lindt milk chocolate/Aine Sicillian Lemon dark chocolate.

Every day - am limiting it at the moment as I am pregnant.

Not in general but the Aine chocolate that I mentioned above is amazing :)

Do not go near low fat for medical reasons (it's complicated).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Kinder Bueno!

Depends on my mood. I could have one week when I eat it every day, and then go a week or 2 without it

I don't, not sweet enough for me!

I do! I often try to go for that Flyte bar as I think its the only low fat bar there is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Bounty, milka, kinder bueno, curley wurley....ye get the drift! :P

Not everyday, unless it's coming up to that time of the month, then I'm a monster!

Not a fan of dark chocolate at all.

I don't care as long as it tastes good I'll eat it, Chocolate is a happy hormone! Everyone deserves to be happy! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ehhh.... Ohhhh... That's so hard. Let's say Kinder Maxi. Or a Lion bar. Or a Galaxy Cookie. Or Milky bar.

Daily. Several times daily tbh.

NO. It's manky.

Well, a lower calorie chocolate would be awesome, of course! Fat I'm not so concerned about though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Hmmm prolly double decker.

Lately I haven't been eating it much, maybe twice/three times a week

Oh god no.

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Mint aero

every day/2nd day

yep, frys is gorgeous dipped in tea

meh, would be good if say moro, snickers and mars were less calories but their not my fave so doesnt really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Mint crisp, Lindt milk chocolate, milka milk chocolate, double decker....anything without raisins in it (who puts fruit in chocolate?!) and white chocolate is yummy too :)

twice a week when I'm behaving, twice a day when I'm not :)

Yup, Green and Blacks and Lindt. I can't take anything more than 70% cocoa though, it's just too bitter!

That would help, and I'd probably switch over to the low-fat versions if they were available, but it's not stopping me from eating chocolate now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

No favourite, I tend to like lindt, green and blacks, milka chocolate rather than the neslte/cadburys/mars bars.
    My favourite chocolate would have to be lindt chili chocolate closely followed by nearly everything else.

I need my fix daily

Yes, (lindts chili choc is 70%) I like dark chocolate as long as it isn't full of sugar and vanilla (as in the vile bournville chocolate) I sometimes have 80% if I'm trying not to eat too much chocolate

I actually would whish they would stop advertising certain bars as low fat. Take mars Flyte bar which is advertised as a low fat bar (containing 97kcal) but that's only one of the two bars your getting double that, in fairness the thing is piled with sugar, you can even feel it. A flake has less kcal(170) even a crunchie has less (185). If a bar of chocolate is low fat all well and good (and a flyte bar/bars) is lower in fat) but then when it comes down to it they've pilled in sugar to give it a taste then that brings the kcals up higher than other non low fat bars.
    (In short I mostly ignore it)

Also I know far to much about chocolate for my own good, even considering making a dinner with chocolate (it go's well with strong meats, I want to get some venison to cook it with:o)

A bit of a side note, when I was living in limerick I used to go to the offlicence (o'briens) and they had a bottle of wine that went beutifully with chocolate(first wine I ever had that I could taste that actually went with food) in it pallate it did have chocolate in it. Ok I may be getting a bit obsessive about this chocolate thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

jokettle wrote: »
    Mint crisp, Lindt milk chocolate, milka milk chocolate, double decker....anything without raisins in it (who puts fruit in chocolate?!) and white chocolate is yummy too :)

twice a week when I'm behaving, twice a day when I'm not :)

Yup, Green and Blacks and Lindt. I can't take anything more than 70% cocoa though, it's just too bitter!

That would help, and I'd probably switch over to the low-fat versions if they were available, but it's not stopping me from eating chocolate now!

Ok I know its a girls survey, but the best low fat alternative is to avoid white chocolate! Ok said my bit, best of luck with the survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

Anything that doesnt have fruits, mint or liquor in it (love my alcohol but not in chocolate;))

almost everyday!

Yes, 70% coco but not more after that its too bitter

I would test and if good i would give it a try ... i LOVE chocolate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I adore dark chocolate!

It has to be the proper stuff, at least 70% cocoa, Bournville is muck I like the Lindt and Green and black ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ohh so many to choose from, at the minute its either a dime bar or a picnic!

usually every day or every second day

not really, id still eat it though, i love the dark toblerones

doesnt really bother me, as long as it tastes good!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pinkpigs

Galaxy Raisin Almond & Hazelnut Bar

mmmmmmm

Three times a week ( at least once in the bath and accompanied by a bottle of Rioja)

not really cos I can never finish a full bar and what I start I like to finish :)

Nope... some things are meant to be enjoyed in full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Way too many to name!! I love chocolate, any colour make shape or form!

Honestly, every day!!

Wouldn't be a huge fan - but do eat it!

Oh I'd love low fat chocolate, jesus at least I wouldn't feel as bad eating it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Galaxy. Om nom nom...

At least twice a week

Nope

Don't really care tbh

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ebixa82 wrote: »

1) Green and Black's Maya Gold

2) Most days, but I'm trying to cut down

3) Love it - preferably with 70% cocoa solids

4) Don't really care - quality is more important to me than the fat content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

hmmmm... hard to say! But at the moment i'm loving Mint Aero, Double Deckers and plain Dairy milks! :p nom

nearly every day, maybe every two days

I do indeed, dont have a favourite. Although Tesco brand is pretty tasty

God no!! No low fat chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Fin Carre (I think) Lidl 74%, Galaxy Raisin & Hazelnut, or any good quality chocolate with biscuit in it, mmm.

About once a week, I sometimes eat a tiny corner or two if I'm baking with it.

I love dark chocolate, as long as it's good quality I like milk and white too. I like anything from 60-85% cocoa solids, 95% is the most foul thing I have ever tasted. I hate cheap crappy chocolate, the way Dairy Milk coats my mouth disturbs me, it's such crap.

No, just eat less of them if you want lower fat version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh so many, galaxy ripple maybe? love a chocolate orange too

depends on my mood I guess? sometimes often sometimes not for a while

well, I don't dislike it, but I prefer milk chocolate

no care :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

1) minstrels or crunchie

2) usually once/twice a week. I've been very undisciplined lately so having it every 2nd day or so

3) 70-80% nom nom nom.

4) god no. Just don't eat it everyday. Lots of bars are quite low in calories anyway.

Advertisement