Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate?????????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

1) What is your favourite chocolate bar?
    I'll eat anything, and it goes in phases. If I had to pick a favourite out of what's available in newsagents etc I'd have to say dark kit kat or a double decker.

2) How often do you eat chocolate?

Too often :( At least 3 or 4 times a week.

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)?

Oh yes. In fact most of the time I eat dark chocolate. I buy the orange and almond pack of 5 small bars from Aldi.

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?

To be honest, when I'm trying to care the 135 calorie little bars of dark chocolate from aldi do the trick. Sometimes I don't care and I'll go for a more normal bar that comes in around 230 like a twix or kitkat. I have to say I remain aware of snickers etc because they have peanuts and are that much higher and so would actually very rarely eat them despite the fact that I'm not really doing myself that much of a favour just by eating 30 calories less. Psychological screwiness.

Cookie Jar wrote: »

Hmmm prolly double decker.

oh, oh, I want to add this to my list too. Cannot believe I didn't think of this earlier!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I don't have one

Once a month, if even.

Yes, Green & Blacks 70% is lovely.
    4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?
    Definitely not! If i'm going to indulge I'm going to go the whole hog!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Flakes!

About 3 times a day. I know, I know..

No.

I would just eat the fuller fat versions anyway. But I do think more lower fat chocolate would be a hit with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

) What is your favourite chocolate bar?
    green and blacks

every day

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)? yes 70%, 85% lindt and green and black

i wouldnt eat them anyway! chocolate is a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Swiss or Belgian chocolate. Cadbury is worst. It's too diluted with milk and sugar. I love Daim too

Couple of times a week

Nyom! Green & Blacks 70 - 85% or organic NSA dark mint choc

Not low fat - I want low sugar. Or if they'd put sweeteners in instead of sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I like Cadburys chocolate best. Also love Toffee Crisp and Aeros. Wouldn't say no to a box of Lindor for xmas.

Nearly every day. Though my interest has waned in recent years. My mother always used to say that when I'm older my taste for sweet things wont be so strong and I think she was right!

Not really no. I'll just about tolerate bournville and I don't think that even counts. I'm not mad on chocolate ice cream or very rich chocolate mousse or dessert for the same reason. Even if foodies will argue it's the only 'real' chocolate.

Don't really care. A low sugar version maybe, as I would be more concerned about sugar rather than fat intake.

Hope this helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

1. N/A
    2. I haven't eaten it in 9 years
    3. N/A
    4. N/A

-Sorry I doubt I'm of much use...!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Kinder Bueno

I'm really more of a savoury person so not that often.
    Once or twice a month.

That 70% stuff green and blacks?
    A friend of mine gets the odd bar and I'd have a bit of it.

Meh...If I'm going to eat it...I don't want any half assed versions!
    Gimme the real deal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

THANKS A MILLION..OP HERE

IT'S A BUSINESS PLAN TO MARKET A NEW BAR. I WAS THINKING A LOW FAT BAR BUT CLEARLY THAT WOULDN'T BE THAT POPULAR. GOOD TO KNOW!

ANY SUGGESTIONS? NEW FLAVOR OF ESTABLISHED BAR PERHAPS?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

peanuthead wrote: »
    1) What is your favourite chocolate bar? Twix

2) How often do you eat chocolate? 3-4 times a week :eek:

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)? Yes, all kinds 70% or below

4) Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care? Don't really care

Hi twin :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

milka, crunchie, lindt, milky way, frys chocolate cream, milkybar, there ain't many i don't like tbh

2) How often do you eat chocolate? at least once a day

3) Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)? Yes, really love the lindt chocolate of any variety

it would be nice but usually reducing fat in things like this means reducing flavour so i'd rather not compromise that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

green and black any :)galaxy nut, dairy milk plain, wispa, lion bar, crunchie

once a week if even

green and black with lovely red wine :D

more options of chocolate are always good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Milkybars (the six piece ones) or mini Milky Ways. Or half melted mini mars bars. And those white chocolate Lindt truffle thingys. NOM.

Out of the 7 days in a week... probably 5.

No, absolutely cannot stand it.

I wish there were more lower fat versions of white chocolate because it's so so so bad for you but I really enjoy it. I don't mind the mini bars because they are wee bites of happiness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cadbury's Crunchie would probably win out.

Every 2-4 weeks or so; sometimes more, sometimes less.

Yuck, no. I don't like white or dark. Only milk chocolate.

I don't eat chocolate bars very often so, no, I really wouldn't care that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Dairy Milk, plain.
    Woah, actually I completely forgot about Toblerone. It's a tie between those two.

Depends... generally 1-2 times a week.

Yes!! Lindt, above 70%. I like the 80% one.

Em.. I guess. Not too bothered really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

1) Favourite is the Marabou roll of chocolates. You don't see them in most shops but they're lovely. Also love anything Cadbury's. And Galaxy! haha.

2)Every day! In my defence I don't drink fizzy drinks or eat sweets or crisps usually, it's just chocolate that i go for.

3)I like dark in small doses, probably wouldn't buy it as a first choice but if someone gave me a bit of Bourneville I'd be happy.

4)I've never thought about it but as others have mentioned I'd be more worried about the sugar content. I don't want Diabetes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

That's sort of like asking an alcoholic what their favourite drink is. It doesn't matter as long as it's chocolate. Except Turkish Delight. Vile stuff.

I never get past more than two days without it, although I'm chronically avoiding it like the plague. These days I won't buy it, but if I see you with some, I'll eat yours. All of it.

I know I should but no, no I don't. Too bitter.

If I want to eat low fat, I'll eat a salad. Chocolate is as about being naughty to me as it is about the taste. Call me crazy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

ebixa82 wrote: »
    THANKS A MILLION..OP HERE

IT'S A BUSINESS PLAN TO MARKET A NEW BAR. I WAS THINKING A LOW FAT BAR BUT CLEARLY THAT WOULDN'T BE THAT POPULAR. GOOD TO KNOW!

ANY SUGGESTIONS? NEW FLAVOR OF ESTABLISHED BAR PERHAPS?
    Are you doing Food Science? Looking at the answers Dark Chocolate seems less accessable to a lot of people - maybe a more accessable dark chocolate (not Bournville!). Craft chololate is a good niche but there are already a few decent ones already (Chez Emily/Aine to name two). Unusual flavours are everywhere now. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Are you doing Food Science? Looking at the answers Dark Chocolate seems less accessable to a lot of people - maybe a more accessable dark chocolate (not Bournville!). Craft chololate is a good niche but there are already a few decent ones already (Chez Emily/Aine to name two). Unusual flavours are everywhere now. Good luck.

Hey. Nothing as skilled as Food Science I'm afraid. I'm doing a night course in Marketing having had done nothing related to it as my undergraduate many years ago.

Trying to keep it mainstream enough. Green & Black sounds like a good line but you don't see it in many convenience stores. I had planned on focusing on some line of dark chocolate due to it's health benefits but it seems many women find it too bitter to buy it often..

I was also thinking of doing something low fat/sugar version but the vast majority of ladies don't seem to care, they see it as a guilty pleasure and are ok living with the guilt. haha

Now I'm thinking of just adding a new flavour to an existing well established bar. (A bit like what had to be done on the Apprentice Ireland last year)

THANKS A MILLION TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

What is your favourite chocolate bar?
    It changes also, so many to choose from! I would say a Flake, Twirl or Galaxy Caramel..I love white chocolate too! ooohhh and I love ones with nuts and stuff in them..Minstrels..I love them too.:D

How often do you eat chocolate?
    I could easily eat it every day but try to only have it once or twice a week!

Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)?
    Yep its nice but not half as nice as milk chocolate

Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?
    Yeah I do alright...although it would probably turn out that the sweetener that they used instead of sugar causes cancer or gives you scales & warts or something.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

1) Crunchie or Kinder Bueno
    2) Once or twice a week
    3) NOOOOOO
    4) Don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My favourite chocolate is probably Cadbury Caramello but Galaxy Ripple is a close second.
    I don't eat chocolate every day, because I don't have a really sweet tooth, so I probably have it every second day and I just a few squares.
    I'm not a really big dark chocolate fan, most is too bitter, but Cadbury Bournville is nice.
    As for low fat chocolate, the only one I would even consider buying is Flyte, which is like a light version of a Milky Way or Mars Bar.
    I dont' really care about low fat chocolate; if you're gonna have chocolate, at least make sure it's one you actually like!
    Why suffer?
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

It's almost a cliche having such a fast moving thread on chocolate in the Ladies Lounge :D

What is your favourite chocolate bar?
    Don't really have one. I like After Eights but have a feeling that's more about the mint!

How often do you eat chocolate?
    Not very. I saw a bar of some new Cadbury's vanilla filled something or other, can't remember what it's called. I thought it looked nice so I bought a bar last Friday and it's still intact in the fridge :p

Do you like Dark chocolate (if so what kind)?
    Yeah, I tried that Willy's Wonka chocolate - he did a show on Channel 4 last year and it was tasty. But again, very infrequently.

Do you wish there were more lower fat versions of chocolate bars or do you not really care?
    I don't think about low-fat versions of any food really. Everything in moderation works for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It varies. Ones that repeatedly come up tops are, Starbars, ToffeeCrisps, Rolos, any chocolate covered toffees like MilkDuds or ToffeePoppets, Moros, Topics, Crunchies, Malteasers, Green and Blacks Butterscotch, Dark Cherry, Ginger and Maya Gold, those chocolate sweets that are covered in 100s and 1000s, mint chocolates. There are others.

Probably most days, I don't really think about it.

Yup, I like all types of it, from sweet Bournville to seriously bitter and spiced chocolate. I also like cooking with it, I make a great dark chocolate and chilli fudge sauce to go over homemade ginger ice-cream.

No not really. Low fat versions of things generally taste like shíte. Everything in moderation is the best way to deal with treats. If you eat well in general and don't deny yourself a little of what you like, you won't obsess over sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Anyway...

Hmm, It would be a toss up between Snickers, Moro or Double Decker. Or Wispa. Then there are others that I would pick up for a quick nibble, like Mint Crisp, Milky Bar, Topics are pretty good, etc.
    As others have said, it depends on my mood, really (read: Time of Month :pac:)

I used to eat it liberally every day, but I have (at least tried to) cut down down a bit. I maybe have a bar or 2 a week.

Not too crazy about it. I've a bit of a sweet tooth. I don't mind dark chocolate with mint (After Eights) though.

Well it would certainly make me feel less guilty :pac:
    Honestly though, I think it could fall under the Diet Coke trap "It's not the real thing".
    Also, I really don't see how you could make Double Decker lower fat, without halving it in size :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

Bounty, milka, kinder bueno, curley wurley....ye get the drift! :P

Dude only discovered kinder buenos about two months ago. It's like my wet dream of a chocolate bar!
    also having a craving for some ferrero roches atm. As well as minstrels, wispas and kitkat chunkys.

I eat chocolate as much as possible. Like not enough to be a complete bin but enough so that I get given out to from bf for not eating properly!

NOt a fan of dark chocolate tbh. Seems to be a waste of the coco bean to me. :P

Do I wish there was a low fat version?! yes, yes I do. Surely that would allow me to double my intake in a guilt free manner?!

kiwi123 wrote: »
    Dude only discovered kinder buenos about two months ago. It's like my wet dream of a chocolate bar!
    also having a craving for some ferrero roches atm. As well as minstrels, wispas and kitkat chunkys.

I'm unfollowing this thread as of now. I'm sposed to be on a diet :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I like Terry's Chocolate Orange bars, Mint Aeros, Milkybars and Moros.

Difficult to say. I rarely->never buy a bar for myself, but if there's stuff in the house I'd eat it all day long. Nom

Yuck, no. Pretty much any I've tried has been too "dry" and not sweet enough for my taste.

I can't imagine a low fat chocolate bar tasting good, which kind of diminishes the point of chocolate, so no.

Advertisement