Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 General Discussion!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I guess I'll never know how hard those songs are, I aint giving them mah money!

They don't deserve your money tbh!! Also, I was #1 by default, not because of skill.
    calex71 wrote: »
    You don't have any money after buying the keyboard :P

100% with you there no way they are mugging me for my € either.

Did you buy the original Queen stuff? I warned you not to on these very boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Looking forward to getting some of the dlc when I get home :).

I need a job. I feel so left out without this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did you buy the original Queen stuff? I warned you not to on these very boards!!

I know :(

I caved and bought 1 of them for the achievements. Then I said what the hell and got 2 more of them, which I haven't even played yet.

I need a job. I feel so left out without this game.

It's going for €35 in a few places, mind you may also need a ms points card to export rb 2 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I bought them the day they were released (October 2009)...it ain't fair, HMX shouldn't be punishing us!

All they're doing is alienating the faithful, I'd have downloaded the other Queen pack if not for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

It's going for €35 in a few places, mind you may also need a ms points card to export rb 2 etc.

30 euro on Amazon.co.uk atm with free delivery :)

Just waiting on my copy to arrive. Exciting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

My interest in Queen, or lack thereof, will result in me never getting those achievements. Not that I would have really tried for 1000/1000 anyway :p

Speaking of achievements........ got the 'Hopo-cidal Maniac' one there tonight. Kill 53,596 Hammer-ons and Pull-offs on guitar.

Took a hell of a lot longer than I though, I figured I would make a big dent in it given 500+ songs in my library by just playing through them all. In the end I had to create a 7 song setlist with songs containing lots of hopo's. I never want to hear 'greengrass and hightides again' :( Prequel to the Sequel is my new favorite song though.

I have to say this is seriously worth going for especially if you use difficult songs, as after playing those who knows how many times now my horrifically bad solo and zigzag skills have been improved by 100% noticed at huge improvement in my accuracy and fret hand speed in solos and can even beat green grass on expert without going into the red :)

Setlist I used

1: Alabama Getaway
    2: Dig
    3: Hysteria
    4: Spirit in the sky
    5: prequel to the sequel
    6: green grass and high tides

Netted me over 3500 a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nockz wrote: »
    My interest in Queen, or lack thereof, will result in me never getting those achievements. Not that I would have really tried for 1000/1000 anyway :p

More like 1250/1250
    The Queen cheevo isn't really part of the base 1000, it's one of the DLC based achievements that makes up part of the extra 250

Queen tracks can be incredibly fun to play, especially 'we are the champions'!
    I'm still worming my way towards Alex's Luggage Combination at the moment:o

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    I'm still worming my way towards Alex's Luggage Combination at the moment:o

Really ? I got that the 1st weekend :confused:

Speaking of DLC based cheevos , wonder when we'll get all the HMX bands back that they took out to do that one, I had a few from RBN etc to get it but without those it would have been impossible to get.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Really ? I got that the 1st weekend :confused:

Speaking of DLC based cheevos , wonder when we'll get all the HMX bands back that they took out to do that one, I had a few from RBN etc to get it but without those it would have been impossible to get.

You play expert, so your score is likely to rising much faster than those on hard or medium ;) SNOB ETC!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You play expert, so your score is likely to rising much faster than those on hard or medium ;) SNOB ETC!

I was on keys the 1st weekend, so might have been the boost from multiplayer that got it for me so quickly, I certainly wasn't my playing thats for sure :o

Changes subject :D I just saw the GH DLC for this week and as a 90's rocker I am suffering serious envy here :(

Goo Goo Dolls – “Name”
    Marcy Playground – “Sex and Candy”
    Matchbox Twenty – “Real World”
    R.E.M. - “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?”
    Sponge – “Plowed”

I know GH doesn't release much but all of those are win!!!!! I'm sick of expensive track packs and stuff getting added for the sake of keys etc (only a month later lol) , RB need to just keep adding good songs regardless if they have keys or not , One of my favorite songs just got added to RBN and I have no points on my UK account and cant justify buying 2100 poinr just to get that one song , besides like a lot of RBN songs the mix is really weird on it , grrrrrrrrrrrrr /end rant

Edit: Now I'm in a 90's music trip we need this in RB, arsehole should take himself off the all ireland talent show , remember he was cool once and get to charting all the old Kerbdog stuff for RBN :D Oh and while he's at it convince therapy? to do trouble gum fro RBN too.

I was on keys the 1st weekend, so might have been the boost from multiplayer that got it for me so quickly, I certainly wasn't my playing thats for sure :o

Yep, that'd be it...
    Medium mode + offline play = super low scores, hence the embarrassed smiley!

I have noticed it not be as easy to get games online as it used to be, maybe it will pick up when some folks get it for christmas. Or maybe it's just my NAT settings on the fritz again or has anyone else noticed this :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So I'm currently rated #1 in the world for drums on Dawn Patrol. Oh yeah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Well... im ranked number 1 worldwide for "Imagine" on expert drums!! BEAT THAT!

:P

The leaderboards are my #1 gripe with the game, I don't want to know if I'm in the top x% I want my exact position :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Moke

The leaderboards are my #1 gripe with the game, I don't want to know if I'm in the top x% I want my exact position :(
    Um...that just means you're not quite good enough to get ranked. Although I think they should go a bit higher, they rank from around 600 down. Pro Drums and keys (and I imagine Pro guitar/bass) are simple to get ranked on as there are less people with them. Guitar is easily the hardest to get ranked in (I think my best is around #6 on some Foos song)

Anyone know what the patch was for today (xbox) so far as I can tell is all it does is disable posting to leaderboards when using no fail, which should have been the case from the start.

Didn't see any info on the site .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Gutted now! I bought RB 3 and I have all of RB1 and RB2 exported. Went into town today and picked up Lego RB for €15 and it costs 800 points for the export. Only have 680 in my account. HELP MEH!

Gutted now! I bought RB 3 and I have all of RB1 and RB2 exported. Went into town today and picked up Lego RB for €15 and it costs 800 points for the export. Only have 680 in my account. HELP MEH!

Ah nuts , here save you going out in the elements and meeting an abominable snowman or something http://www.live-codes.com/ they'll email you a code in 5 minutes, just topped up myself there.

Now if only live would stop acting the bollox and let me download :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My copy finally arrived yesterday and have been playing pretty much ever since yesterday morning. Can anyone tell me what the code on the back of the manual is for? I'm assuming its the code for exporting songs to RB4 in the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

aaronh007 wrote: »
    My copy finally arrived yesterday and have been playing pretty much ever since yesterday morning. Can anyone tell me what the code on the back of the manual is for? I'm assuming its the code for exporting songs to RB4 in the future...

There ain't gonna be a Rock Band 4 imo...

As for the code, it's likely to be used to download free songs, when they finally arrive!!

HMX haven't exactly been forthcoming with freebies recently

TBH I can't really picture them even releasing freebie downloads now, they really seem to be up **** creek after Viacom dropped them...

The MIDI pro adapter for the 360 comes to about €60 after international shipping and tax from the US on Amazon.com. Totally worth it, preordering it today! Says it'll be in stock on the 26th and will arrive just before the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

H-has anybody tried Jenny Was A Racecar Driver on Bass? Merciful Christ Jesus, it wants to make your fingers fall off! Maybe it's not as difficult as I'm finding it, but as it is I really can't understand how it isn't devil tiered.

*bathes hands in ice for the rest of the evening, while weeping gently over his plastic guitar*

I need to go back and get a good run at that one, very tricky hopo chords are pretty unique to that one. Used to play along to primus songs when I was playing bass a lot back in the eh .... day lol. Les Claypool is amazing. Hardest part was trying to play with a 4 string bass ha ha ha and emulating his sound = impossible :D

There's a few songs in that game with very questionable difficulty tiers, was Antibodies tier 2 on guitar :confused: The end of that one is a right pain :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

The MIDI pro adapter for the 360 comes to about €60 after international shipping and tax from the US on Amazon.com. Totally worth it, preordering it today! Says it'll be in stock on the 26th and will arrive just before the new year.
    That will come in handy when I save up for many years and buy the Roland Ax-Synth.
    jonathan2.jpg
    Henrik from Sonata Arctica uses one now but this dude (who must like him) is the only cool pic I could find :p

• Advertisement

After I ordered the adapter from Amazon, they told me it'd be delayed a bit. Fair enough, it was Christmas time. Then I get another notification telling me it'd be March before it was even considered for shipping. What a joke. Cancelled the order. It's gonna be extremely difficult finding one of these for the 360.

Advertisement