Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 General Discussion!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Man, they really knocked it out of the park.
    Love how they've updated things.
    -Earning fans and completing challenges in Quick Play
    -Style change
    -Character and Band Customisation even better
    -Keyboard is a solid piece of kit
    -Good song list

I think my main knock against it right now is there are perhaps a few too many songs with boring or no keys (in the RB3 setlist obviously).
    Hoping the dlc is pretty great for the next month or two.
    I also feel that navigating the Career area is actually rather confusing.

Tempted to pick up Lego Rock Band to export the songs within, worth it?

The Final Countdown.

/End of Discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

The Final Countdown.
    Yeah, you're probably right. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lets hope they retro fit that out for keys !!!!!!!!!!!! That song is the definition of Key-Tar !!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Are they retro-fitting Keys and Pro parts for the existing songs, actually? It would be tons of work, but it'd be really appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

calex71 wrote: »
    Lets hope they retro fit that out for keys !!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing last night!

Looks like RB3 hasn't been performing too well in the charts unfortunately... Guess it was kind of expected after the terrible sales of GH recently, but part of me hoped that maybe people were just saving up for this rather than buying GH:(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-fable-iii-aesop-of-the-uk-chart

Are they retro-fitting Keys and Pro parts for the existing songs, actually? It would be tons of work, but it'd be really appreciated.

Yep!

From here;
    Eurogamer: Do you have plans to retro-fit Pro instrument compatibility to old Rock Band tracks?

Daniel Sussman: Yes. What we're messaging is for Rock Band fans to post on RockBand.com and tells us what songs they'd like to see. We're in a position where we can be pretty reactive to that. We can't afford to do everything so we want to see what the community at large wants most.
    We should all register en masse and demand the final countdown!

• Advertisement

I bet it's already top of the list

****ing-A! Just found out that Rick Wakeman (he's the guy you're going to end up worshipping if you're digging your Pro Keys, maybe you already do) was the pianist for 'Life on Mars' by David Bowie, which I mentioned in another thread. He also featured on Space Oddity.

Vocals lads, did they get easier or did I just get better (I doubt that last part) No way I should be 5* a tier 7 song and not going into the red once :confused:

Though I do see at the start that pitch correction is on and could be what is making the game think I don't sound like a bag of drowning kittens :D

They seem more fun as a result, what ever they did.

Anyone else not getting up to date Pro Keys leaderboards? Or any leaderboards for that matter.

I just scored 73,714 on 20th Century Boy (5* Hard) which is 5th place in the world at the moment (shameless bragging)... thing is it hasn't updated... None of my scores seem to??

Same with Bohemian Rhapsody - 120,122 on Medium Pro Keys, I should be 12th on the leaderboard, but I'm not.

Furthermore, even though I know I have some friends with RB, no-one is showing up on the friends leaderboards except me. It's really annoying.

Calex, vocals have gotten harder since 2, they're now the same difficulty as The Beatles: RB... You are getting better!

Anyone else not getting up to date Pro Keys leaderboards? Or any leaderboards for that matter.

I just scored 73,714 on 20th Century Boy (5* Hard) which is 5th place in the world at the moment (shameless bragging)... thing is it hasn't updated... None of my scores seem to??

Same with Bohemian Rhapsody - 120,122 on Medium Pro Keys, I should be 12th on the leaderboard, but I'm not.

Furthermore, even though I know I have some friends with RB, no-one is showing up on the friends leaderboards except me. It's really annoying.

Calex, vocals have gotten harder since 2, they're now the same difficulty as The Beatles: RB... You are getting better!

With the beatles it was immediate after you played it told you your rank and if you improved or not and it updated nearly right away, in RB3 i'm the same as you for all instruments , no update and my score clearly is higher than ones listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah I just played Free Bird on hard and it came up that I need -96000 points to reach then next percentage on the guitar lb. Why would I need a negative number to get a higher place?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

The Rock Central servers are down, hence the leaderboards are down too.

Double overdrive phrases, was there a need to add them ? I ask because I love chasing gold stars. Now with the addition of double overdrive phrases in songs and the fact they have not changed the gold star cut off score means it's easier to get gold.

I spent months trying to get the 5*GS on a particular song in RB2 only to get it 1st time there this evening in RB3 with a sub par effort. I feel I got it cheap now and doesn't mean a thing to me :mad:

I know there will be those who say but it gives a % beside it now too so you can see what songs you FC'd and the difficulty which is even better than gold, but in RB2 it was sometimes actually harder to get gold than it was to get 100%

I really hope they patch this among other things like they did in RB1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ongarite wrote: »
    The Rock Central servers are down, hence the leaderboards are down too.

Ah, makes sense. I was playing pro keys earlier on something (probably Power of Love) and I was informed I only needed 3000 points to beat Burning Eclipse's score. "Bah!" I said "3000 is nothing". And rock out I did, and a high score I did get, by 5000 or 6000 points. But hark! Lo and behold no registration. Burning Eclipse is destined to be forever superior :pac:

Two observations:

1. I plugged in my RB1 kick pedal to the keyboard, but I ain't getting no overdrive :confused: Does it only work with later models, or am I doing something stupid?

2. The game freaks out when you try to play RBN songs on a road challenge that requires accuracy. Doesn't recognise what is a section and what isn't, so I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed you're five spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I'm trying to finish the Pro Keys tutorials at the moment, and I just cannot complete the second exercise in the final lesson. I can manage it at 95% speed, but that extra 5% causes my fingers to flail about randomly in a horrible mess of burnt-out tendons. Wah. :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Woo! 3 Stars on "25 or 6 to 4" on pro keys expert. #36 in the world \o/

A

1. I plugged in my RB1 kick pedal to the keyboard, but I ain't getting no overdrive :confused: Does it only work with later models, or am I doing something stupid?

Seems you are not alone, I only got to try it just there and no joy.

Reason I suggested it earlier was it worked with the beatles guitars and it also says "Any RB kick pedal" on page 6 of the keyboard manual.

Had a look on the RB fourms here http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?202699-Keyboard-with-Overdrive-Pedal

One of them called support on it. It's going to have to be fixed but not sure if it's going to be an in game patch or we'll have to use a midi cable and update via a pc like the GH:WT drums :mad:

Pretty annoying as the button on the controller is just not a viable method for pro keys.

Just added a few people from here to the friends list. If you're a part of more than 1 community... Oh, lets say Fighting Games and Rock Band, then 100 friends is just not enough. I deleted a few people to add a few more. I like having a leaderboard with more than 3 names on it.

Yeah, I have about 70 fighting game friends. >_> haven't had to cull any yet but it seems likely in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

• Advertisement

Rush DLC = Epic DLC

Always.

Fender Squire info - Don't read if you are poor :eek:

http://www.fender.com/features/rockband3/

http://www.fender.com/rockband3/exclusive/?EDID=YHIMYUN-6V8U-KEBD52-WL9AS-A437-v1

Will be released March 2011 so plenty of time to save up but no mention if it's coming out here or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

$280? was not expecting it to be that much

Aye at current exchange it's 199 in euro, but we all know all they'll do is swap out $ for € if it arrives here.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Picked this up last friday and been enjoying it ever since. I love the overhaul of the 'shell' interface. Swapping positions/instruments is so much easier now than the hassle it was in RB1&2 (especially when trying to co-ordinate a bunch of tipsy RB players not to press any buttons). I was surprised to see how little marketing (ie none) there was in the store around RB3. if you weren't going into to collect the game you'd never know it had been released. I suppose they might be waiting until nearer to christmas when they get the instruments out on shelves.

Having said that there were two little niggles that annoyed me. i don't like the fact that the bands are now linked to single profiles. When my wife & I play RB3 together she has to log in with her own profile & band. In RB1&2 she still logged in under her own profile but we earned the 'band/tour' achievements together.I know that realistically it doesn't make any difference - we still each earn the achievements & points but it destroys the feeling of playing together in a 'shared' band. I also don't like, as Calex pointed out, that the on-disc songs don't count towards achievements. I've got enough dlc that it shouldn't make a difference anyway but I feel that the achievements should be possible within the game itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Greyjoy wrote: »
    I also don't like, as Calex pointed out, that the on-disc songs don't count towards achievements. I've got enough dlc that it shouldn't make a difference anyway but I feel that the achievements should be possible within the game itself.

This game has a total of 1250 points, not 1000 points like pretty much every other new release out there... I haven't looked through the cheevos properly (the new xbox.com format is horrible), but I'd guess that 250 of those points are for DLC.

I agree that it's a bit cheeky though, if I hadn't frantically been trying to spends 2400 MS points before the end of October, I would have been properly pissed off about the Queen one!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Ah the extra 250 points explains the dlc achievements then.

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Ah the extra 250 points explains the dlc achievements then.

Pity most of them are tied to songs I have no interest in :(

I think the dave grothl one and the nine inch nails one were the only ones I had songs for.

Looking at them, I'd need to buy a queen one, boston, 3 80's metal and some HMX band ones. About 1000 microsoft points I reckon in cost. No interest in anything there except the queen stuff maybe. Must have a look at the queen ones and see of there is anything I like, can get 2 achievements with one song there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

lads if i pick up used copies of RB1,2,Lego will i be able to export the tracks to 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Adam wrote: »
    lads if i pick up used copies of RB1,2,Lego will i be able to export the tracks to 3?

Rock Band 1-YES
    Rock Band 2-YES, as long as previous owner hasn't done export to Rock Band 3
    Lego-MAYBE, export key is not in manual but on separate flyer which will probably not be in disc case if you pick it up 2nd hand.

Lego is the cheapest to pick up new - around £10 on Zavvi .

Advertisement