Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 General Discussion!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

ongarite wrote: »
    Rock Band 1-YES
    Rock Band 2-YES, as long as previous owner hasn't done export to Rock Band 3
    Lego-MAYBE, export key is not in manual but on separate flyer which will probably not be in disc case if you pick it up 2nd hand.

Lego is the cheapest to pick up new - around £10 on Zavvi .
    nice one, i'm hoping to build my library cos imo the library is a bit poor, it's kinda 50/50 for good songs and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

calex71 wrote: »
    Pity most of them are tied to songs I have no interest in :(

I think the dave grothl one and the nine inch nails one were the only ones I had songs for.

Looking at them, I'd need to buy a queen one, boston, 3 80's metal and some HMX band ones. About 1000 microsoft points I reckon in cost. No interest in anything there except the queen stuff maybe. Must have a look at the queen ones and see of there is anything I like, can get 2 achievements with one song there.

I'm the opposite in a way. The Metallica Pack will do the job for the 80's metal thing (got that), I've got the Boston Pack also. I might have the HMX band thing covered, but not sure. I have a few songs as DLC with Dave Grohl, but not enough afaik... would be nice to see a list of which songs count. Don't have The Perfect Drug either.

As for Queen... I'd recommend holding off for a month if you can... I'm anticipating an announcement from HMX on them re-releasing that pack with Keys and Harmonies.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That Queen one better get updated, I bought the whole pack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wonder what the chances are of a specially priced pack for the dlc, I'll deffo hold off a while on getting any more of it. Actually realised the Bang Camaro stuff on RBN counts for HMX stuff so @ 80 points a song those are a steal.

Anyone else going for the 5* every song on expert achievement?

I've got to the thin end of the wedge with it, only 5 or 6 to go. All devil tier songs left. the Yes song seemed to be the hardest in the game maybe? Fail it on bass and keys played on guitar (how big a cheat am i for that :D )

Been caught stealing is another on that is giving me grief due to it's odd spacing.

Edit: 2 left ..... Can someone please explain how in the hell "Antibodies" is a tier 3 song on guitar :confused: Tried it on bass and got owned at the end with all the hopos. The ending on guitar is where i lose my way with the long patterns of chords.

I was having trouble with "Roundabout" by yes, I never tried the guitar because it was devil tier and was doing bass as i figured it would be easier, yet when I tried guitar I for the 5* straight away. No way is that top tier :confused:

That leaves been caught stealing :mad: If any one has a solid technique for it on guitar or bass let me know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thinking of buying this today. Would you say it was worth it on it's own without keyboards? I'll get that later on down the road. I'm interested in thefriends score challenges. I hear it tells you what your friends scores are and how close you are as you're playing. This interests me a lot.

Thinking of buying this today. Would you say it was worth it on it's own without keyboards? I'll get that later on down the road. I'm interested in thefriends score challenges. I hear it tells you what your friends scores are and how close you are as you're playing. This interests me a lot.

Yes you can view all that but although it's good, I personally don't think it was implemented as well as it was in the beatles or greenday games. (the leaderboards and friends scores)

The career is very short compared to RB2 but there are tonnes of goals to go for though.

If you liked RB2 than you will have just as much fun with this without a keyboard as you would with one to be honest, there is more than enough in the standard guitar / bass / drums vocals to make it worth getting.

Gawan then. Huey Lewis is meant to be amazing to play. And it has J Geils...

Gawan then. Huey Lewis is meant to be amazing to play. And it has J Geils...

Aye I only knew that one from back to the future, was the 1st song I did when i got it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmass4

I'm so happy :) My cymbals for Pro-Drums just got delivered there :) just home for lunch too. Can't wait to play it later on now :D and I'm probably going to get the keyboard today. Anyone know if it sin stock for PS3 now?

• Advertisement

Aye I only knew that one from back to the future, was the 1st song I did when i got it :D

If only I could stick Summer of 69' from Lego onto the playlist I'd be real happy.

How is the character creator by the way? I wan't to make a decent Bruce Springsteen to front my band.

If only I could stick Summer of 69' from Lego onto the playlist I'd be real happy.

You can import lego into rock rand 3 ;)

Not without a code :(

pmass4 wrote: »
    I'm so happy :) My cymbals for Pro-Drums just got delivered there :) just home for lunch too. Can't wait to play it later on now :D and I'm probably going to get the keyboard today. Anyone know if it sin stock for PS3 now?

How are they ???????? Do they let you use a 2nd pedal for high hat?

Anyone else have the game lock up and freeze on them ? Happened to me a few times this week, usually during a cutscene between songs. Wish I could turn those off now sick of seeing them every time.

Calex, no lock ups, have had some problems with the "player shell" though. I'll get stuck on that even when the bar goes down, so I can't use the menu and have to drop to dashboard.

Hmm only happened to me once that, when i was swapping from guitar to drums.

I've been working on the goals trying to get from the gold record to the platinum star. Completing a goal barely makes a dent in the progress bar. I have 260mil fan's I reckon you will need to do all the goals to get platinum, that is some bloody effort.

Checked my progress on the HO-PO achievement. 9000. Only 45000 more to go :D

You can now link you account on RB www to RB3 for that 6gs and get the well connected cheevo :)

No thanks! That 4g fixed my gamerscore, I'm never connecting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No thanks! That 4g fixed my gamerscore, I'm never connecting it!

Haha, same here!:p
    Haven't had any freezing at all, or any issues whatsoever apart from that low frame rate/strobe effect or whatever it is

One complaint is that it's a pain in the arse to modify the look of other band members - My own character looks totally ****ing awesome (hungry like the wolf helmet and a cape!:p), but the presets are getting boring and I don't really want to go through creating a totally new character for each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

I've been working on the goals trying to get from the gold record to the platinum star. Completing a goal barely makes a dent in the progress bar. I have 260mil fan's I reckon you will need to do all the goals to get platinum, that is some bloody effort.

Without Pro-Guitar you can't get the platinum rank. Basically you are already at the best you can get.
    You are at Rock Legend rank, you need to 5 star every song on Expert Pro-Guitar to reach the top rank supposedly.

Just finished 5-star every song on Hard guitar (last song took ages to get, Anthrax one), reckon I'll give Bass expert a shot next and gradually work my way to 5-star expert guitar.

My guitars are both a little worse for wear, I can't enjoy the game as much as I could be. How much are cheap guitars going for? I know I saw a few Van Halen ones gathering dust in a gamestop a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

You can now link you account on RB www to RB3 for that 6gs and get the well connected cheevo :)

Done!

I'm also stalking you on rockband.com now... I mean following, yes, that's it!

Anyone else on there?

My guitars are both a little worse for wear, I can't enjoy the game as much as I could be. How much are cheap guitars going for? I know I saw a few Van Halen ones gathering dust in a gamestop a while back.

I hear smiths were selling off the new guitar hero bundle for around 60 (guitar and game) game was ok for a few days then I lost interest but the guitar is a 1st rate performer and thats some praise coming from me as I always favored Rock Band ones. I got €30 for the game by the way when I traded it in gamestop for fable 3 ;)

xbox-360-guitar-hero-warriors-of-rock-guitar-bundle-me5030917087776.jpg

There is also a new rockband blue wireless strat coming out soon , I saw it on amazon for around 60 pounds looks very nice but could be for PS3

Saw one for 15, so I'll get that tomorrow...maybe. Having no joy with this game at all. Both guitars I own are busted, notes not recognised, dodgy strumbars. I just tried out my drum kit there and OF COURSE the yellow cymbal is as dodgy as hell. I nearly broke the whole damn set throwing it in the corner. I think it's destined to piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Anyone else have the game lock up and freeze on them ? Happened to me a few times this week, usually during a cutscene between songs.

Yep, I'm having the same problem. It's particularly bad tonight, it's frozen on me three times in the space of an hour. Rock Band Central also seems to be down/extremely slow, probably because of account linking... maybe they're somehow related?

I'm sorted now, callibration was false. Did it with the drums and now my guitar is perfect. It has to be, got a 100% on expert. Now I love this game. The challenges are such a fantastic addition.

Also if anyone has a Lego Rock Band Export Code (360) that they aren't going to use, I would be very grateful if you could pass it on to me.

The Rock Band guitar stand is available in HMV for €30; holds 3 guitars in tripod stand.
    The Keyboard stand is available in GAME for €30 also.

• Advertisement

been looking for one of them, my guitars keep falling over as I've been leaving them against the drums,

Advertisement