Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor changes Terms And Conditions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

brmccfc wrote: »
    meteor offered to give me an early upgrade during that last data change which i used last friday to get a new phone where i signed a new contract for 18 months...

just wondering am i within my rights to try and get out of the contract now? or even get switched to bill pay lite? only got a text today about the new price change and wouldnt have known about it otherwise.

yes you can opt out before the 29th of this month.or switch price plan

xason1 wrote: »
    Where is that thread Jimmy??

Gave a ring to Comreg, talked to a foreigner who said it was well within Meteor's rights to request the handset back. When I explained that I had paid €160 he said he wasn't aware of how that would change the contractual terms so he told me to contact NCA. Rang NCA, they said they can request the handset back... when I said that I had paid x€ for the phone they said Meteor had to refund me in full for the phone or this could be seen as a penalty.. Meteor, on calling them, first said that I had to return the phone... they then asked a colleague re. phone deposit x€, and offered a refund of €137 given that I have used the phone.. I would have to call into a store, give the phone back, and call them while doing this... I said giving me less back than what I paid would be a penalty, she said no given that I used the phone for 2 mo., even though I'm slightly paying premiums on bill pay, I said I'll think about it...

She of course said that a Meteor legal team had already looked into this. Went on to blab about how the phone and the terms/conditions are two different things... I said it mentions the phone in the t/cs, how can they nit pick among the t/cs about how much they want to keep..etc, "Yes the phone is in the t/cs"(change of rhetoric) "These are changes meteor had to make", etc robot ****e.

Still unsure what to do... May put in writing tomorrow cancel me, registered post... see if they charge me for the phone - go to small claims court. Do I need a solicitor for that?? Or might they make me pay the opposing side's legal fees?

HERE IS THE THREAD

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055977831

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

jimmynokia wrote: »
    yes you can opt out before the 29th of this month.or switch price plan

cheers

i wonder if its better to opt out completely and sign up again to bill pay lite or get my plan switched to it?im not sure would i lose my free calls and texts?

brmccfc wrote: »
    cheers

i wonder if its better to opt out completely and sign up again to bill pay lite or get my plan switched to it?im not sure would i lose my free calls and texts?

just get it switched

just get it switched

just on the phone to meteor and you dont get free calls and texts if you move from one price plan to another its only as a new customer. i tried to get out of the contract so i could sign up as a new customer tomorrow but they told me i had to return the handset because its tied to the contract. ill give a ring back and try again

• Advertisement

ok so you only signed up last friday ? If so that maybe, generally if your a few months gone you keep it so what you can also do is cancel the contract you have then go bacl to store with that hanset give it back then get a new contract and a new phone.

ok so you only signed up last friday ? If so that maybe, generally if your a few months gone you keep it so what you can also do is cancel the contract you have then go bacl to store with that hanset give it back then get a new contract and a new phone.

ya i was on an 18 month contract and got an early upgrade and used it last friday paid 200 for a new desire z. i realise there gonna play hard ball to try and get me to give the handset back so im gonna try and see if i can get them to switch me to bill smart lite instead of cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sparky J

you will be charged until the last chargeable call you made or text.
    its a penalty free opt out so they cant charge you or keep you on the plan until the billing date.
    you can just move to payg if you wish now or the other plan.
    the choice is all yours .....use it to the best you can.

Thanks Jimmy.

They wanted the phone back if I were to change to PAYG so just reduced my price plan instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stallard23

im 7 months into an 18 month contract on smart 50 and asked to change to a cheaper tariff as im going on maternity leave and wont be able to afford the bill and they dont wanna know!!:mad: been with meteor 8 years and think its a disgrace!! their customer service is a joke! spoke to the manager in my local carphone warehouse and he thought it was disgraceful for them to be like that.he advised me to email the complaints department, so i did, and they dont care either, but they said they may consider it in 6 months!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Would they not let you drop down to Smart 30? As far as I aware they allow you move down to a lower priceplan after six months, within the same tier (ie. You could move to a lower priced Smart plan, but couldn't move to a Connect or Lite plan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

stallard23 wrote: »
    im 7 months into an 18 month contract on smart 50 and asked to change to a cheaper tariff as im going on maternity leave and wont be able to afford the bill and they dont wanna know!!:mad: been with meteor 8 years and think its a disgrace!! their customer service is a joke! spoke to the manager in my local carphone warehouse and he thought it was disgraceful for them to be like that.he advised me to email the complaints department, so i did, and they dont care either, but they said they may consider it in 6 months!!!:mad:

Why should they let you stop down. They food you a phone at a heavily discounted price with the agreement you would pay a minimum amount per month for a minimum period of time. They are doing nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Walkman wrote: »
    Why should they let you stop down. They food you a phone at a heavily discounted price with the agreement you would pay a minimum amount per month for a minimum period of time. They are doing nothing wrong.

somebody was out last night:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Kensington wrote: »
    Would they not let you drop down to Smart 30? As far as I aware they allow you move down to a lower priceplan after six months, within the same tier (ie. You could move to a lower priced Smart plan, but couldn't move to a Connect or Lite plan).

This used to be the case, however they changed it last August. I got caught out by this myself but was lucky enough to get out of contract with the last T&C change

Walkman wrote: »
    Why should they let you stop down.

Every other network allows you to change to a lower plan after a certain number of months. Peoples circumstances change and considering the state of the economy you'd imagine Meteor would be happy to keep customers rather than forcing people to get cut off and rack up bad debts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Every other network allows you to change to a lower plan after a certain number of months. Peoples circumstances change and considering the state of the economy you'd imagine Meteor would be happy to keep customers rather than forcing people to get cut off and rack up bad debts!

Well Three certainly wont. I'm on the 30 euro a month on three averaging 60 euro in bills. They wouldn't even let me upgrade my package without signing a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Ah sure, while your at it you should go to your bank and tell them you are switching to a lower monthly payment on mortgate too :D This is basically the same as what you are advocating, which part of signing a binding contract do you not understand?

Sarcasm aside, you are WRONG. People can only "get out of contract" if the carrier changes the terms or whatever. Once your contract has expired (this would be your "certain number of months") you are free to switch to whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well Three certainly wont. I'm on the 30 euro a month on three averaging 60 euro in bills. They wouldn't even let me upgrade my package without signing a new contract.

3 let you change up no problem without extending your contract. I'd call them again as that's not correct what you've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

As Drunkmonkey said 3 will let you change plan upwards, although if you are on a 12 month Flex plan and want to change to a Flex Max plan then your contract will be extended by 6 months as the Max plans are 18mth.
    If you want to move down you can after 6 months on a Flex plan and 12 months on a Flex Max plan

PS @ DM yes....v sore head today (checked this twice before hitting submit) :D

i spoke to a manager in my local carphone warehouse and he said that meteor are bein totally unreasonable and i should call back and demand to speak to a manager,i should be allowed go to a cheaper plan.im givin them 3 months notice of needing to change so there is no reason for them to be so ignorant.i also contacted the consumer agency and they're callin me back 2moro.meteor customer service is a joke!!

srsly78 wrote: »
    Ah sure, while your at it you should go to your bank and tell them you are switching to a lower monthly payment on mortgate too :D This is basically the same as what you are advocating, which part of signing a binding contract do you not understand?

Sarcasm aside, you are WRONG. People can only "get out of contract" if the carrier changes the terms or whatever. Once your contract has expired (this would be your "certain number of months") you are free to switch to whatever you want.
    people do actually get a freeze on mortgages when they hav financial problems,it unfortunately happened to someone in my family.bit of breathing space so they dont end up homeless!! im not askin them for much,just to change to a lower tariff for 6 months even til im back to work.they dont give a balls about there customers!! im not gettin myself into debt and havin my credit rating ruined for the sake of meteor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

Is today the last day to get out of contract?
    Signed up to 18 months in .

Hope so

whats de crack wit de price change this week? they're forever changin stuff!

Can you be a bit more specific

yes fill us in there very interesting another massive loss of customers now

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AndyGarcia

Can you post a link about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

29th of November was the last change...

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/notifications/

Did I not read somewhere that they have to contact you directly to notify you of changes to the contract and just placing an ad in the paper is not acceptable.

Sure ill place a ad telling meteor that I will only be paying 5% of the bill from now on and will get the rest credited by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Did I not read somewhere that they have to contact you directly to notify you of changes to the contract and just placing an ad in the paper is not acceptable.

Probably not, no.

srsly78 wrote: »

From Vodafone's Terms and Conditions

6. A bill pay customer on Perfect Choice or Perfect Choice Access can within the first six months of their contract migrate to an equivalent or higher Vodafone bill pay package plan excluding those offered with a Vodafone Simply Contract or legacy price plan. A Perfect Choice or Perfect Choice Access customer may not move to a package plan of a lesser value than that which they connected/upgraded to, within these six months.

7. A bill pay customer who has served six months on their contract but is still within their minimum contract term can move to any Vodafone bill pay package plan excluding those offered with a Vodafone Simply Contract or legacy price plan.

• Advertisement

that is Voda not meteor read through the thread by law you can change or exit contract

Advertisement