Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual punishments in school

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Mine is only about 9 years ago

- Teacher slammed a pencil into a guys leg,
    - Hit him with a duster full force on the fingers
    - The odd flying duster
    - Made you stand in the corner and count the rubbish in the bin
    - Then make you write an essay on each contents of the bin
    - 200 word essay about clouds

There's probably more but yeah he was one sadistic prick, Glad he decided "to retire"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Nothing too bad, but had a teacher who picked on me from about 9-13, a complete utter cúnt of a guy. He had a farm that grew plants which he would sell for Church funds, and he'd take us all out of class to work on that. Or else gardening in the school garden - sounds fine now, but it was horrible being shouted at to weed, etc in school.

Also used Shakespeare as a punishment... learn X amount off by heart so you could recite it. Useless crap, along with the advanced algebra he forced on young kids. Would shout and roar at kids, call them names... and we got off light. My neighbour (since dead) who was my dads age was very badly beaten by this guy and never forgot it.

Not sure why parents stood for it really... there's discipline and then there's abuse of power and sadism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I went to the same school as my dad and uncles and never had it as bad as them. There was one maths teacher who used to terrify me though. His nickname was "Threats". I spent a fair few of his maths classes blubbering away to myself. Met him outside of school a few years after I left and he seemed decent.

The only adult who ever hit me in school was a nun when I was about 5 or 6. She's had a breakdown at some stage and shouldn't have been near kids. Keys across the knuckles was a regular enough thing. Think she's dead now. Sr. Monica RIP Burn In Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

In 1st class, had a cnut of a teacher, he was always pure mean, particularly to me for whatever reason, would slam a metre stick on my table all the time to quiet the class and frighten the life out of me in general. I remember he thought up this punishment where he would put troublemakers in a makeshift playpen, we would be made sit there, soothers and toys around us and all, not many people were put in it, and I don't know what on earth I did because I was never much of a troublemaker but I got put in it one time, the fcukin shame of it. Obviously it pales a whole lot in comparision to beatings, etc:(

I remember in secondary, we got those "describe the life of a golf ball" essays too, a friend would write stuff in the middle for a particular teacher who loved to give them, insulting the teacher, ("you're a fcuking a*****e", etc ye get the gist) teacher didn't read the essays, friend never got caught:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

in the mid 80s teacher put 3 lads over a desk and and spanked them with a T-square.

oooh matron!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

I was once told to write "100 way the Jack Charlton era as Ireland manager inspired the nation" for acting the príck in class when i was about 14, considering i was only born during Italia 90 i was quite stumped, but the punishment only lasted the length of the class in the end up for one reason or another, thanks be to fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

adamski8 wrote: »
    anyone meet up with these teachers (abusers) in later years and make them pay in some way?

Left the country after leaving cert but there was always one f*cker I swore I would meet again.He left the city life behind to go live in the country.Last I heard from someone who met him was he had cancer. I love Karma.

Heard of two different fathers going to see teachers who had beaten their sons and both teachers sh*t themselves....typical cowards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Use to have a teacher who was sound but also a bit wired & would fly off the handle out of nowhere.
    One day in class one of the guys fell asleep on a single desk.
    When this teacher noticed him he casually walked over and pushed the desk over onto the ground & then casually walked back to his own desk.
    My classmate was so shocked he turned as pale as a ghost.
    The look of disbelief on the faces of all the lads in the class was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Only once I got a bizarre punishment for my teacher just hating me, he made me hold this huge stone crucifix above my head for an entire double class.

Thought he was really funny too, until my Dad went down to the school and got him suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i thought this thread would be funny.. feckin horrific!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It not so unusual but a teacher I had gave me a note and said I wasn't to come back to the class till I had it signed. I said okay and enjoyed free periods for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I was 20 minutes late turning up to a detention once (through no fault of my own, the sour cúnt had told me to meet him in the staff room - where he wasn't - I eventually found the bastard on the astroturf). My punishment was to be sent to the library and spend the next two hours transcribing the Japanese dictionary - swiftly followed by another detention.

Spent another detention washing the same teacher's van - he was got back for that one, troublesome children should never be given hoses!!!

The fella turned out to be my best teacher by miles but he was a miserable old git!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Being made to hold a piece of chalk against the blackboard with my nose.

Imaginative and develops coordination. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I once got a 15 page essay (in 4th class) on "The importance of nothing".

The teacher used to throw the duster across the classroom if any of us were falling asleep and one day he threw it, one of the lads caught it and f**ked it back to him and smashed him right in the nose. Blood and all. Payback is a b*tch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

had a very mundane school when it came to punishment.
    Detention was generally a bit of craic aswell. It was held in a very large room which could sit about 200 people with desks.

picture about 15 lads in this room and one teacher. it was inevitable that the teacher would pace into the un occupied area of the room. Everyone starts making monkey noises and he would run back to find everyone sitting in silence. wash rinse and repeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Forced to kneel on 2 sets of keys at the back of the study hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

One geography teacher we had would chalk a dot on the board about 4 inches higher than the messers nose, and make you stand there with with your nose pressed against it on your tippy toes for duration of the class, while questioning u about ox bow lakes, erosion and other such ****e . The bollix.

Advertisement