Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Modding Thoughts...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

denballs wrote: »
    I understand the rules and agree/will abide with them.

I Dont want to argue, that was most likely just a simple misunderstanding.

I am very happy with all the advice, you are all very helpful and knowlegable especially yourself enter..and TV..

BTW..just swapped the xbox for a 40gb ps3...:)

I wouldn't hold your breath. The PS3 is far better on OFW these days as you can play the latest games & have PSN SEN. CFW is stuck for the most part at 3.55 with no online useage.

Good news re the 360 developments, some serious talent there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

denballs wrote: »
    most charge 85
    considering what you get for your money its better value than flashing a drive

yeah but given that much hardware work.....is,nt it likely that the console wont last long......maybe the slims might but pre 2009......i doubt they could handle it....not that i know much...but i know how much xbox,s RR

If its Jasper then you are fine. the rest will also fine with proper cooling mods

Modded consoles actually run better/cooler than their stock counterparts due to the added control you have over the cooling system & fan speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's a big risk, I can't confirm that running a dashboard update will update the CB. At the minute there's a chance I might get the JTAG to work because the dash is lower than 8955, but if I update and it doesn't update the CB then I'm left with a console I can no longer JTAG for definite and can't glitch....

If I could confirm what CB I'll end up with if I updated to 13604 then happy days, I'd do that.

Over the weekend I went back to this troublesome JTAG.

I tried transistors, both blackaddr and boxxdr wiring methods. I tried alt points for everything that has an alt point. I tried the Nand-X JTAG QSB which uses the ROL (ARGON_DATA) for TDI. I tried the same thing only without the QSB using my own diodes. I tried the reverse JTAG wiring using a resisted jumper wire. I tried building my own Xellous files rather than using pre-built ones to make sure it wasn't an SMC issue. Xellous/freeBOOT would never work, but returning it to stock always worked. Even though J2D2 multi-metered the correct voltages, and even though Xell booted once before during which Witnessmenow got the CPU Key, I came to the conclusion that the GPU JTAG must be dead and so JTAG'ing was never going to work again.

So I restored to stock, took off the efuse protection and killed the JTAG completely by updating the dash. Updating to a known-to-update-CB dashboard like 2.0.14719.0 would mean I couldn't glitch it until RGH 2.0 comes out, so I chose to see if any other dash along the way updated the CB too. I started with 2.0.12611.0 since it was the earliest dash I have a MS update for (so the console went from 7371 to 12611) and I can confirm that the CB was updated to a glitchable 6750.

I've now got the Jasper glitching here first time every time. Sure, the JTAG is a more reliable unsigned coder runner that doesn't have a variable boot time ..but when all else fails, I'm delighted we've got the glitch as another option :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Just picked up a new 250GB Slim Xbox 360 for €200, 10.83a power rating on the back and 12625 dashboard happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Quick question,
    What would you all value a slim RGH console at ?
    It has the kamikaze hack carried out and the dvd drive on the latest firmware,
    Comes with all cables and a controller and a 60gb hdd ?

Just curious so Im hitting the right price and not overvaluing.
    Its not like the old jtag days anymore where anything goes in regard to price :(

How much did you pay for it brand new? I would probably value it at €280 I would usually like to include higher capacity hard drives when I'm selling makes more room for profit :D

justryan wrote: »
    How much did you pay for it brand new? I would probably value it at €280 I would usually like to include higher capacity hard drives when I'm selling makes more room for profit :D

bought it for €85 with the dvd drive included :)
    it was a failed RGH console that I fixed up

Nice, I have a virgin Slim here and I'm undecided on making it a dual nand or RGH

Nice, I have a virgin Slim here and I'm undecided on making it a dual nand or RGH

Ya I was considering installing a matrix trident in the slim I have,
    but the sale price would be higher and I don't know if I could sell it at the higher price.
    Did you sell or keep your other slim that you did the dual nand mod to ?

• Advertisement

Ya I was considering installing a matrix trident in the slim I have,
    but the sale price would be higher and I don't know if I could sell it at the higher price.
    Did you sell or keep your other slim that you did the dual nand mod to ?

Your right it would be a hard sell but well worth it.

I have kept the dual nand Slim for my own personal use, but picked up an exploitable Slim in Harvey Norman a couple of weeks ago.

How much would you pay for a brand new dual nand Slim with 250GB internal hard drive and 640GB 3.5" external hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Ok so I'm thinking of sellin my jtag and I'm wondering what do ye think it's worth
    Here is what it has
    Custom case
    LEDs
    120gb hdd
    Talismoon red fans
    Falcon motherboard
    Custom rol

Here is a few pics aswell

kkj88.jpg

eWReZ.jpg

qFYOk.jpg

Looks nice did you mod it yourself?

Looks nice did you mod it yourself?

Nope I wouldn't have a hope at makin a case like that :) how much do you think it worth if you don't mind me asking ;)

Not much to a Liverpool fan ;) probably €150 the value of JTAGs has gone way down in price since the RGH on the Slim, people tend to buy the newer hardware.

Not much to a Liverpool fan ;) probably €150 the value of JTAGs has gone way down in price since the RGH on the Slim, people tend to buy the newer hardware.
    Guess I won't be selling that so. I tought jtags were after going up cause of them gettin rarer oh well :(

Any price would be hampered by the fact it's a Falcon, but perhaps €220

Any price would be hampered by the fact it's a Falcon, but perhaps €220
    Sorry but what Does that mean? But the price don't look too bad :)

The Falcon isn't as desirable as the Jasper chipset :)

EnterNow wrote: »

^--- This. If it were a jasper you might be all right with €270, but the price drops because it's a Falcon

• Advertisement

^--- This. If it were a jasper you might be all right with €270, but the price drops because it's a Falcon

If its reballed a falcon would be just as good if not better then a jasper

Agreed, but try tell that to "Sure itz only d xbox three 60, ye can get dem cheaper dan dat" type people

Okay thanks everyone it will take a while to sell aswell cause of all the factors..it's a falcon and has a Manu case limits the people that will want it :)

So I'm currently struck down with one of these 'ol flu things that had me sleep all day so now I'm awake at stupid o'clock...

After finding my original copies of FFVI-FFX at the weekend I got a bit of interest renewed in my PS2. I moved a Modbo 4.0 (Infinity Matrix clone) over from an NTSC v3 to a PAL v7 there about three weeks ago but it didn't work so good; the console wouldn't read any disc anymore.

I lifted all the wires and it would read original discs so I decided I'd go for one more attempt at a hard-mod before resorting to the easy way out (a softmod). Sure enough, re-wired it up and it works a charm now, NTSC and PAL games work a treat :)

Anyway, my eyes are burning out of my head now so I'm gonna tip off to bed, just thought I'd throw down the random thought above. Also, wish I could get about a month off to plough through a few of the FF games :P

So I'm currently struck down with one of these 'ol flu things that had me sleep all day so now I'm awake at stupid o'clock...

After finding my original copies of FFVI-FFX at the weekend I got a bit of interest renewed in my PS2. I moved a Modbo 4.0 (Infinity Matrix clone) over from an NTSC v3 to a PAL v7 there about three weeks ago but it didn't work so good; the console wouldn't read any disc anymore.

I lifted all the wires and it would read original discs so I decided I'd go for one more attempt at a hard-mod before resorting to the easy way out (a softmod). Sure enough, re-wired it up and it works a charm now, NTSC and PAL games work a treat :)

Anyway, my eyes are burning out of my head now so I'm gonna tip off to bed, just thought I'd throw down the random thought above. Also, wish I could get about a month off to plough through a few of the FF games :P

Now get an HDD into that yoke. Save the lasers campaign is currently recruiting :p

Now get an HDD into that yoke. Save the lasers campaign is currently recruiting :p

Would that not defeat the point of an actual modchip? I really need to get some memory cards :)

Would that not defeat the point of an actual modchip? I really need to get some memory cards :)

Not at all, running your library off of a HDD will preserve the already rubbish lasers present in the PS2. You wouldn't be able to run them via hdd without the modchip, or a softmod exploit :)

The modchip essentially allows you to run copied discs as we all know, but if you have a few games you play very regularly, it'd be worth dumping them onto the hdd to save the laser.

The Virus is very quiet around here lately, he better be neck deep in solder

The Virus is very quiet around here lately, he better be neck deep in solder

If only dude, the only thing I'm neck deep in is work. I need moar projects, more fun stuff.

I'm thinking the watercooled 360 jtag may make a reappearance if I don't get to have some fun soon

• Advertisement

the only thing I'm neck deep in is work. I need moar projects, more fun stuff.

reality-worst-game-ever-motivational-1260822857e.jpg

Advertisement