Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there such a pathological hatred of cats in Irish society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

He should be entitled to do what he wants without being harassed by the likes of you.
    I welcome his honesty.

Pathetic nonsense condoning cruelty to animals. No one is entitled to inflict unnecessary violence. Such people should be reported. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Pathetic nonsense condoning cruelty to animals. No one is entitled to inflict unnecessary violence. Such people should be reported. :mad:
    Nonsense.
    He shot them. How is that cruel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Nonsense.

Stop picking out parts of a point and ignoring the rest, that's just childish. He kicked one to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Nonsense.

In a few days you'll have the perfect opp to dress up, go and try it for yourrself, we'll be waiting for your own assessment. Don't start whinging if you're only wounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I havent read all 25 pages of this thread - however I know without reading it that the reason given why we hate cats is the Pope, and Fianna Fail, according to at least 4 posters.

Thats a statistical science fact. Literally.

Just a digression. Be about your business.

• Advertisement

curlzy wrote: »
    Stop picking out parts of a point and ignoring the rest, that's just childish. He kicked one to death.
    Lads in Dublin kick people to death and get a pat on the back.

In a few days you'll have the perfect opp to dress up, go and try it for yourrself, we'll be waiting for your own assessment. Don't start whinging if you're only wounded.
    WTF are you on about?

newmug wrote: »
    I hate cats, and shoot any that stray onto my property.
    newmug wrote: »
    Well, I had reached my limit, and I drop-kicked the fcuker ala Ronan O'Gara. He spun through the air head over tail, probably saw Dublin from his altitude, and came down head first on a window-sill at the far end of the house.

The posts I was talking about are above in case anyone is wondering.

The posts I was talking about are above in case anyone is wondering.
    One kick.
    Hardly cruel.

Lads in Dublin kick people to death and get a pat on the back.

So it's ok to do it to cats? Le sigh:rolleyes:, you gob****e. I'm not arguing with you anymore.

• Advertisement

One kick.
    Hardly cruel.

Get help. Seriously

Get help. Seriously
    Why would I need help?
    He's not kicking me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

seriously? hurting animals is wrong,

killing for food/survival is one thing, but killing for fun? thats just wrong regardless of it being an animal or human!

i cannot believe the amount of people here who claim to 'hate' cats (and animals) is disliking them not good enough no? you have to have a hatred for them??

fyi hatred gets you nowhere. if you want to make yourself feel better you are probably better off dealing with the hate issue and moving on, they are just animals co-existing like us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How can you hate cats when you can have the sophisticated James Bond bad guy cat?

It probably has better table manners then some AH posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

The only cat i love is Mr. Bigglesworth :D

http://johnnykaje.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bigglesworth.jpeg

Other than that, i don't like cats at all, and i hate that ikea ad btw for that earlier poster :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Keptic

Ok, so this is what I have learned from this thread (so far):

Cats are dirty, because they don't:
    - lick their own balls
    - lick other cat's knobs
    - eat sh*t
    - shag other cats' arse
    - lick human's face/parts of the body right after any of the above

Cats are stupid because they don't:
    - shag everyone's legs or small kids if happen to be around, as well as elements of furniture, like pillows (is't it the "Dirty" part?)
    - have to be kept on the lead
    - bite random people sometimes often causing harm or sometimes death
    - try to attack wheels of any vehicle that passes by

Cats are noisy, because they don't:
    - bark laudly and poinlessly at random times
    - howl laudly for hours at random times (preferably late at night)

Here are some other facts I've learned from somewhere else:

Cats have better memories than dogs. Tests conducted by the University of Michigan concluded that while a dogs memory lasts no more than 5 minutes, a cat's can last as long as 16 hours - exceeding even that of monkeys and orangutans. It is proven that cats learn by trial and error, observation and imitation.They retain certain information much longer than dogs. In one study, it was found that cats possess visual memory ability comparable to that of monkeys.

Cats can hear ultrasound.

A cat's brain is more similar to a human's brain than that of a dog.

Both humans and cats have identical regions in the brain responsible for emotion.

Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.

I'll come back when I learn some more facts :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you're of below average intelligence and only like people who are the same.

I believe the national average is around 99, which is pretty low.Last and only time I was checked I came in 57 above that.

But that was a long time ago.Maybe I've slipped.I mean, hanging out in threads created and patrolled by whiny, aggrieved catlovers, solely to wind them up for a laugh, can hardly be considered a highly intellectual pursuit, can it now?

Rather like shooting fish in a barrel really.Yum Yum, anyone else wanna feed the troll?:pac:

A species could only be considered "lower evolved" if they were dying out, which cats clearly aren't, in evolutionary terms cats are doing pretty fantastically.

I thought Tigers,Cheetahs,Lions,Leopards etc were all on the endangered list.
    What the hell are they breeding Cheetahs down in Cork for,is that what Clonakilty Black Pudding is made from these days?

I thought that outside peoples home's, cats were screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I believe the national average is around 99, which is pretty low.Last and only time I was checked I came in 57 above that.

But that was a long time ago.Maybe I've slipped.I mean, hanging out in threads created and patrolled by whiny, aggrieved catlovers, solely to wind them up for a laugh, can hardly be considered a highly intellectual pursuit, can it now?

Rather like shooting fish in a barrel really.Yum Yum, anyone else wanna feed the troll?:pac:

good trolls never admit to trolling.

good trolls never admit to trolling.

Great trolls never get trolled what to do

• Advertisement

Keptic wrote: »
    Ok, so this is what I have learned from this thread (so far):

Cats are dirty, because they don't:
    - lick their own balls
    - lick other cat's knobs
    - eat sh*t
    - shag other cats' arse
    - lick human's face/parts of the body right after any of the above

Cats are stupid because they don't:
    - shag everyone's legs or small kids if happen to be around, as well as elements of furniture, like pillows (is't it the "Dirty" part?)
    - have to be kept on the lead
    - bite random people sometimes often causing harm or sometimes death
    - try to attack wheels of any vehicle that passes by

Cats are noisy, because they don't:
    - bark laudly and poinlessly at random times
    - howl laudly for hours at random times (preferably late at night)

Here are some other facts I've learned from somewhere else:

Cats have better memories than dogs. Tests conducted by the University of Michigan concluded that while a dogs memory lasts no more than 5 minutes, a cat's can last as long as 16 hours - exceeding even that of monkeys and orangutans. It is proven that cats learn by trial and error, observation and imitation.They retain certain information much longer than dogs. In one study, it was found that cats possess visual memory ability comparable to that of monkeys.

Cats can hear ultrasound.

A cat's brain is more similar to a human's brain than that of a dog.

Both humans and cats have identical regions in the brain responsible for emotion.

Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.

I'll come back when I learn some more facts :cool:
    Perhaps if you let a cat read the thread, you'd have learned more.

Ever heard of pavlov's cat?

Case closed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I thought Tigers,Cheetahs,Lions,Leopards etc were all on the endangered list.
    What the hell are they breeding Cheetahs down in Cork for,is that what Clonakilty Black Pudding is made from these days?

I thought that outside peoples home's, cats were screwed.
    Tigers are endangered, few others are "vulnerable", the likes of leopards, cougar (wahey) and jaguar aren't in any immediate trouble as far as I know. Some species are doing better than others, to be expected.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Another cat i like is....

Schrodinger's Cat: Wanted Dead and Alive

/nerd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i dont like cats, i (my family) have 2 which i feed etc... but they wont be getting patted on the head for doing feck all.

i just dont like them, dont hate them, just much prefer dogs

Mousey- wrote: »
    but they wont be getting patted on the head for doing feck all.

This is something I will never understand, why cats have to "DO SOMETHING", for instance, what snakes, spiders, birds, frogs, hamsters, lizards, guinea pigs and myriad of other pets people keep "DO"*?

* - please, just don't say "Yer ma"

Keptic wrote: »
    This is something I will never understand, why cats have to "DO SOMETHING", for instance, what snakes, spiders, birds, frogs, hamsters, lizards, guinea pigs and myriad of other pets people keep "DO"*?

* - please, just don't say "Yer ma"
    OFFS! I'll kick your balls son!

This here's why rabbits are better than cats

Aren't dogs awesome?

Aren't dogs awesome?
    I bet you know what you're saying :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

Cats are horrible creatures. I despise them.

They constanty wander into my garden and sh!t in the smalies sandbox, if I leave a window open they are in the house in a flash to nosy around and piss all over the place. They torment the neighbours dog no end (he's a yorkie and listening to the yapping all day drives me cuckoo).

I dont understand it when people say that they are clean animals. A bite from a cat can be really serious, and warrants a trip to the doctor. This is an animal that scrapes around in its litter tray for 5 minutes and then walks all over kitchen counters (shudder).

Horrible nasty creatures:mad:

Advertisement