Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Street Fighter Tournament - 20th November

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Oh yeah, if there's a PS3, I can provide a copy of BB CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

J.I.M. wrote: »
    Oh yeah, if there's a PS3, I can provide a copy of BB CS.

There'll only be 360s at this event I'm afraid. Next time there'll be PS3s!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads I really think you should let them focus on Street Fighter for a while.

I know you love BB and all but building a scene's tough work.

How crappy would it be if the likes of me showed up to Wheel of Hype with the intension of playing SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Lads I really think you should let them focus on Street Fighter for a while.

I know you love BB and all but building a scene's tough work.

How crappy would it be if the likes of me showed up to Wheel of Hype with the intension of playing SF?

:( yeah your right, well next time i'm gonna try and come down even if it's just ssf 4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

yeah anyone who does this is despicable

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Sorry, didn't mean shove BB into everyones faces over SF :(

Just thought it would be an added bonus or smthng.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

hey again..!! just wondering after i get knocked out of the tournament (inevitable) can i take a few pictures for college, im studying photography and this could be a good event to photograph!! what do ye all think.. wud ye mind someone gettin in ur face taking pics?

let me know if ye mind :) thx!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I don't think any of us will mind but you should ask people on the day if they do. I personally won't mind at all as long as its not distracting ( so no flashes if possible! )

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

hey again..!! just wondering after i get knocked out of the tournament (inevitable) can i take a few pictures for college, im studying photography and this could be a good event to photograph!! what do ye all think.. wud ye mind someone gettin in ur face taking pics?

let me know if ye mind :) thx!

I'd be shocked if they did tbh. Jim used to take alot of photos. Just don't be flashing up close at critical moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

I'd be shocked if they did tbh. Jim used to take alot of photos. Just don't be flashing up close at critical moments!

wont be using flash anyway not allowed by college rules lol so i shall see how i get on :)

thanks lads..!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

All Depending on work and college assignments, hopefully i can make it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

How many you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

This is a hell yes for me as I have now moved into the city center. Nice one sai

As Doom said, photos have been taken in the past. If anyone is opposed to it I'm sure they'll let you know on the day. I'll be filming a bunch of the matches sure =D
    JG009 wrote: »
    How many you expecting?
    A lot more than I thought we'd be getting! =D
    15 in this thread have at least said maybe, plus the others that dont post means there could be a decent crowd!
    I'll be slapping these up around town too, so they'll hopefully grab some attention =)

CorkPosterDemo-2.png

If anyone reckons there's anything that needs changing on the poster, please tell me. I wont be able to put any up till Monday at the earliest anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Haven't heard a peep out of my Tralee friends in months, I'll try poking them again and see if I can get a yay or nay on their potential attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Are there going to be no 360 controllers free at all? A couple of pads spare, just in case? I know you'll probably only get serious players but that line would definitely discourage casual people who might go otherwise for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Are there going to be no 360 controllers free at all? A couple of pads spare, just in case? I know you'll probably only get serious players but that line would definitely discourage casual people who might go otherwise for a laugh.

I use a Saturn pad for PS3 and the Mad Catz pad for 360, there's plenty of top players who use a stock PS3 pad but I cant think of even one that uses the 360's, its trash.

Would love to go, Ill actually be in Cork the 18th to see the misses but headin home the 19th :-(

Johnick wrote: »
    I use a Saturn pad for PS3 and the Mad Catz pad for 360, there's plenty of top players who use a stock PS3 pad but I cant think of even one that uses the 360's, its trash.

I'm talking about people who don't even know what Mad Catz is. As far as I know, there's about six serious Street Fighter players in Cork (and that's an optimistic guess, based on my limited experience there). Maybe more have come forward since summer. And there'll be a few who aren't aware of the community. I'm talking about the thousands of other people who bought a copy of the game down there, and might see this flyer, and think, this sounds gas,* let's give it a go. "Bring your own 360 pad" just sounds a bit exclusionary to my ear.

*or nearest Corkonian equivilent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sairus wrote: »
    If anyone reckons there's anything that needs changing on the poster, please tell me. I wont be able to put any up till Monday at the earliest anyway.

I'd say Midday instead of 12:00pm. With it being in a bar I'm sure there'll be some people who'll assume that the 12:00pm means midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Working at 4 that day so I won't be able to enter. Might pop in for a look :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Haven't heard a peep out of my Tralee friends in months, I'll try poking them again and see if I can get a yay or nay on their potential attendance.

I should be there, aaron will probably get a lift with me. You'd have to contact the other lads themselves i'd say. I can bring an xbox and a small tv and monitor if it's required. I also have a madcatz fightpad if that would be any use to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

saado wrote: »
    I should be there, aaron will probably get a lift with me. You'd have to contact the other lads themselves i'd say. I can bring an xbox and a small tv and monitor if it's required. I also have a madcatz fightpad if that would be any use to anyone

Cool, it's kinda hard to get an answer out of the other lads for anything.

Madcatz fightpad? I thought you got some crazy stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Yeah, I do, but i also have the fightpad that i bought before I decided i'd get a stick

Dunjohn wrote: »

I hadn't planned on bringing extra controllers but I suppose I'd better just in case.
    saado wrote: »
    I can bring an xbox and a small tv and monitor if it's required. I also have a madcatz fightpad if that would be any use to anyone

That'd be great if you could bring that stuff! =D I'm hoping to get 5 consoles set up on the day but currently only have 3. Do you have leads for the 360->monitor? Both of mine will be in use.
    The controller probably wont be in much demand - I'll be bringing a fightpad anyways and very few people will probably want to use them, bring it if you wish though.

I modded the posters a bit and made a few versions. Throw me your opinions on which to run with and any changes you'd reccomend.

CorkPoster1Demo.png

CorkPoster2Demo.png

Poor Chunners
    CorkPoster3Demo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

The 3rd one looks great but it would be nice if you could find a way to remove Chun for the picture altogether, thats the only thing that makes it look a bit odd. Otherwise, the second one is pretty solid as well.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Pcitures are great, but they need more Bison in them...and only Bison.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Azza wrote: »
    Pcitures are great, but they need more Hans Gruber in them...and only Hans Gruber.

FYP

hans_gruber_ultimate_villain.jpg

They look good to me. The second one is probably best. If you want to go with the third, though, here's my fix for the Chun Li problem:

DanCork.jpg

• Advertisement

Painfully obvious I drew in the purple swirls, but whatever.

Should anyone want the hgh res file to print out your own posters =D
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UX73W8UV

CorkPoster3Demo2-1.png

Advertisement