Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Street Fighter Tournament - 20th November

Options
  • 19-10-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

5 months later than planned I can finally announce the first of the long promised Cork Street Fighter tournaments!
    Upstairs in the NewPort bar on Paul Street, Cork City Centre shall be the host on the 20th of November.

It'll be €10 entry with all money after the cost of running the event going into a prize pot for the top 3 finishers.

Doors will open at 12:00 for setup and casuals with the tournament starting at 13:00.
    I'm going to be pretty harsh about starting on time and keeping the matches going as the room is in high demand and we need to be out of there by 18:00.

This tournament will only be run on XBox 360. This is purely to reduce any hassle with pad users for this first event. Any following tournaments will hopefully be multiplatform.

This will be a standalone event as the venue will be fully booked until late January - running a league wouldn't work very well.

Finally, running this event hinges on the amount of equipment I can wrangle up. If anyone coming is able to bring cables, speakers, monitors, games, consoles, etc. please let me know!

GET HYPE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Current Equipment List:
    3x 360s
    3x Monitors
    1x Speakers
    4x SSFIV

Rules are as follows (Basically lifted from Inferno's =D)

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

A group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he loses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

8. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

White tracksuits allowed? :eek:

Sounds good but I think Cross X Counter will my tournament of choice. It's a shame they clash because I would love to come down and help out. Maybe next time.

This is Cork. Our standards are much lower.

And yar, it's quite irksome that it overlaps with CxC as I'd definitely head up to that myself, but at this time of year there's not a chance I can reschedule it. Christmas parties tend to book these places up pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

My own xbox is out of commission at the moment, unfortunately, so it looks like I'll only be brining myself to this event. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know, though.

My own xbox is out of commission at the moment, unfortunately, so it looks like I'll only be brining myself to this event. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know, though.

Sure send it off to Microsoft and tell them it has an E74 error and it'll be back in plenty of time =D
    I got mine back in a week (Though that may have had something to so with the sweets and German "thank you" message I left in the box)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'd like to come down for this...

Can bring a game and a camera - otherwise I'm a bit useless, I'll be leaving the mad skillz at home :D

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll almost certainly be down for this. It's the least I can do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

If I'm not working I shall definitely be there! But thats very unlikely so put me down for a massive MAYBE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Should be able to make this, and I'd be able to bring a 360 + copy of the game if needed.

Cheers lads!
    I'll keep the top posts updated with current equipment lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i should be able to make this alright, i have a 360 and copy of the game to bring too, cud bring a tv but it may be a pain in the arse to drag along!!

let the kicking of my ass commence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Hohoo, Onion's coming, I have to make it there. I wanna beat you in the tournament this time, not just in casuals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Alright chaps,

I can make that one, I should be able to bring along an Xbox, Monitor (23") a copy of the game and my TE.

Kudos for the organization Sairus!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

J.I.M. wrote: »
    Hohoo, Onion's coming, I have to make it there. I wanna beat you in the tournament this time, not just in casuals ;)

Well, I won't be there and like Faith No More say, someone's got to do it :)
    Speedhaak wrote: »
    Alright chaps,

I can make that one, I should be able to bring along an Xbox, Monitor (23") a copy of the game and my TE.

Kudos for the organization Sairus!

Aaaah the legendary Speedhaak joins the Irish Fighting Game scene.

I really wish I could make it down for this one :( but I promised the lads up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Legendary? I wish, but I'm far form it, both personally and as a player. I've been missing a bit of meet-up action, only ever made one Inferno due to working six days a week and being unable to travel to Dublin. Looking forward to this though!

HADOUKEN!

Jim my boy, your Guy hax can only work once. Honda will crush beneath his fat arse cheeks. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Jim my boy, your Guy hax can only work once. Honda will crush beneath his fat arse cheeks. :D

Looks like a bit of hype, gentlemen.

You have no idea how many Guy haxes I gots ;) Imma focus dash-cancels your fat arse cheecks and bring on the punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lads, Monday Night is calling...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I really want to come down. Can't decide which tournament to go to, damn you sairus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Good stuff sairus.
    I'll def be Coming down to this. Hopefully itl become a semi regular tourney. Cork is a nice spin down for me.

You have no idea how many Guy haxes I gots ;) Imma focus dash-cancels your fat arse cheecks and bring on the punishment.

OICHO!

oicho.jpg

That is all :D

15.gif

Nothing personal :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Myself and silver_steez may be attending. I'll have to tell him about it. I'll certainly be going if Im not overly stressed out with rutherford scattering at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

yeah Silver steeez is down , Bison Crushin Time

Was going to check out one of the upcoming street fighter tournaments but since i live 15 mins away from newport bar i supose this will be perfect.

Can you add my gamertag to the player list aswell "silver steeez" . Sweet as a cool bean nut.

Play on 360 , Sf4 and SSf4 and umk3 aswell if anyone plays that. Use Mad Catz TE.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

May Actually make this as I reciently got a job down in Cork :)

I'll bring the Seichuusen Godansuki's ;)

I'll bring the Seichuusen Godansuki's ;)

Myself and Onion will be there to share in the goodness =D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I would love to come and bring the pain with makoto, but i think i'm gonna head north to play blazblue. sorry sairus blazblue = hype

Et tu Joe. After all I've done for you. :(
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Et tu Joe. After all I've done for you. :(
    :P

hey if you guys had bb cs i would come down. well next time, i'll try and come :p

Advertisement