Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a way of getting being blocked on facebook

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

Sorry to butt in, but I don't believe you've yet answered the "why do you care question". Not trying to be an ass, but I'm genuinely curious.

EDIT: Great timing, Carwash!
    i care because its hurts to be blocked by some one i did nothing at all to.just because i made friends with some of his friends.he blocked me i really did nothing wrong at all.i am very up set i am set upon in such a manner i was familar with guy by name that's all .i did nothing wrong at all.people tell get over it .i have no friends i don,t like being blocked for nothing and no reason :(

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

ladylouise wrote: »
    i care because its hurts to be blocked by some one i did nothing at all to.just because i made friends with some of his friends.he blocked me i really did nothing wrong at all.i am very up set i am set upon in such a manner i was familar with guy by name that's all .i did nothing wrong at all.people tell get over it .i have no friends i don,t like being blocked for nothing and no reason :(

But this isn't really an explanation. You shouldn't care that somebody you don't know and doesn't know you doesn't want to interact with you.

Do yourself a favour and learn that people who don't want to know you are best forgotten. Concentrate on friends you do have and forget people that don't want to know. This person probably put little or no thought into blocking you, goodness knows why they did it, but here are you wasting time and energy and upsetting yourself over something that someone else has more than likely already forgotten. For all you know they have been having problems with people on facebook and have decided to limit access to people they only know in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

OP sounds like a weak troll.

that right little or thought who has already forgotten me he has a lot friends of people on his facebook he does n,t even know.but i had no interaction with him only his friend.no thought none just pure cold rejection he love blocking people he does n,t even know me he blocked me any way :(

like trash being dumped like me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Am I reading this right? This thread started in October and you're still not over it??

Obviously this is a wind up!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Am I reading this right? This thread started in October and you're still not over it??

Obviously this is a wind up!

:rolleyes:
    no its not please its not

i did even try to make friend i got block any way its make no sence why i don,t know.i am very upset i didn,t even add him as friend only his freind i am still blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

I give up, if it is really bothering you that much then it sounds like you need some help. It is not normal to be this upset over someone not wanting to be friends with you when they don't even know you!!

Go talk to a professional in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

Oh god.... Here we go again... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

AMPSound wrote: »
    Oh god.... Here we go again... :(
    With that sort of attitude I'm liable to run off and block you! (after adding you... even though I don't know you... obviously :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Guys, quit the attacks against the OP. If you want to comment, be constructive, not personal.

Guys, quit the attacks against the OP. If you want to comment, be constructive, not personal.
    thank you .you seem to be only one who understands my hurt and pain.

your nice person

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Oh.....

My....

Gawd....

Is this thread for real??

If you get blocked and throw a strop, that block is for a reason, you have zero control over them in blocking you... unfortunately, that is life....

if you don't like it, break off from Facebook if you're taking this personally and expand your social environment by going out and meeting REAL people instead... all too often, Facebook, despite being a social phenomenan, they are not really "friends" per se, more of a "online-friend" rather than in real life....

my suggestion is, move on, get over it, meet up with REAL people in your area, socialize, and steer clear of sites like Facebook. If you're not able for it, you shouldn't be anywhere near them...

BTW I'd like to point out that this is not a criticism or a personal attack. Far too often there's a lot of "online friends", its the friends part, that you are leaving yourself open to some form of attack especially if you do not know that person, you could end up in trouble and turns out to be a bogus character or a chancer. Its fine and dandy if its someone you knew in REAL life - that's no problem.... just concerned that a lot of people spend a inproportionate amount of time on Facebook and not knowing how to interact with others later on (this would be held true by the younger generations that are starting out in their teens now..... and weaned off BEBO, MYSPACE etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

If you could interact with this guy without being on his friends list, then it's possible he has just changed his privacy settings so only friends can interact with him. Maybe it's nothing personnel ?
    Not sure if you have mentioned in previous post's, but have you tried sending a friend request ?

I'm not sure why you are so bothered by it though. Is it just that you want to be able to see your friends interactions with him ?

Duiske wrote: »
    If you could interact with this guy without being on his friends list, then it's possible he has just changed his privacy settings so only friends can interact with him. Maybe it's nothing personnel ?
    Not sure if you have mentioned in previous post's, but have you tried sending a friend request ?

I'm not sure why you are so bothered by it though. Is it just that you want to be able to see your friends interactions with him ?
    no i just wanted to make freind belong to him which i had nothing to with him.he was not in the equation i have nothing him he just doesn,t like me.its a bit complex

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

no i just wanted to make freind belong to him which i had nothing to with him.he was not in the equation i have nothing him he just doesn,t like me.its a bit complex

Another final note @ladylouise is this, this is a constructive critique which will enable you to communicate better and not get wires crossed in future...

For goodness sake, get your grammar and spelling correct...

While not intending to sound a nazi grammar expert.... a little point should be noted on the following:

Since you are dealing with someone on Facebook, this rule applies to ALL websites, whatever you do, do not use text-speak on it, that armed with bad spellings can lead to mis-understandings and invariably getting blocked/ignored and that person will definitely get a bad vibe and say "Oh, this so and so person who posted is too lazy to use proper english etc......."

Facebook and sites like that - anyone who posts using bad spelling, grammar, text-speak are more likely to be ignored as it is frowned upon, internationally, a lot would have the grasp of basic English.... be careful... someone who has not a good grasp of English would easily misunderstood and hence "wires crossed"

Ok! Mind yourself on it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I assume that as you had them added as a friend, then you know this person and have their phone number. Then, why don't you simply go the old school way, pick up the phone and call this friend and sort it out?

Not attacking you, but if you communicate with your friends over facebook the same way you interact here, then you realistically cannot be too surprised that some of your friends have blocked you.

jester77 wrote: »
    I assume that as you had them added as a friend, then you know this person and have their phone number. Then, why don't you simply go the old school way, pick up the phone and call this friend and sort it out?

Not attacking you, but if you communicate with your friends over facebook the same way you interact here, then you realistically cannot be too surprised that some of your friends have blocked you.
    i did NOT add him as a friend.some times when i do add people as friend they block me anyway and they would n,t not know me .it happened a few times before no explication given just blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

i did NOT add him as a friend.some times when i do add people as friend they block me anyway and they would n,t not know me .it happened a few times before no explication given just blocked

But you must have added them? You either sent the person a friend request or they sent you one, which you then have to either confirm or ignore. If you confirmed it then you added them. Or is there some other way for someone to get added to your friends list?

jester77 wrote: »
    But you must have added them? You either sent the person a friend request or they sent you one, which you then have to either confirm or ignore. If you confirmed it then you added them. Or is there some other way for someone to get added to your friends list?
    no i did not added him add him as a freind i had nothing with him he just on the same frend list only.
    but i repeat i did not added him or send him message .i have no record of friend in my email. so i don,t know

how do you mean send me one i have no record of any request of friend,he is the one picking me,i had nothing to do with him high up or low down,
    i was blocked unfairly for no reason the fact he got bee in bonnet about me.

i was targeted unfairly and for no reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

Maybe just move on with life?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

OP, how do you know you're actually blocked?

hardCopy wrote: »
    OP, how do you know you're actually blocked?
    because his friend so happend photo of him.him name is gone from the tag and photo is blank where his name is on the comment so if you click nothing happens just flat blank photo and name and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭28064212

because his friend so happend photo of him.him name is gone from the tag and photo is blank where his name is on the comment so if you click nothing happens just flat blank photo and name and not much else.
    So he did not block you, he changed his security settings. That's all. It means that anyone who is not his friend can not see any of his activities or tags. It's nothing to do with you personally, so get over it and move on with your life

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    So he did not block you, he changed his security settings. That's all. It means that anyone who is not his friend can not see any of his activities or tags. It's nothing to do with you personally, so get over it and move on with your life
    its diffidently a block.i know its block .i have been blocked before by some one else.if wasn,t personally he would have done it on the same day i added his friend hour later.so it is personal in every sense of the word.personal he just does n,t like me.not my problem that his problem if can,t stand being on the same as website as me.he live 1000 miles .so i don.t know what his problem is .i di nothing to him.he just has starnge ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

its diffidently a block.i know its block .i have been blocked before by some one else.if wasn,t personally he would have done it on the same day i added his friend hour later.so it is personal in every sense of the word.personal he just does n,t like me.not my problem that his problem if can,t stand being on the same as website as me.he live 1000 miles .so i don.t know what his problem is .i di nothing to him.he just has starnge ideas

He doesn't owe you an explanation as to why he doesn't want you to see his profile.

Why do you care about the reason why a guy you don't know blocked you? It won't change anything.

And can you please make an effort to type clearly so we can understand you? Constantly typing in a way that's hard to read and ignoring any advice given to you is only making people frustrated and not want to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭28064212

If someone who is also not his friend goes to his page, what happens? The exact same thing that happens to you. It is not personal. He changed his security settings, which affects everyone.

They're the same security settings I use, are you offended that I've "blocked" you?

And OP, why are you posting on an English-language board about something you are having trouble understanding? Why not post on a forum where people can read your posts without a struggle? Or even better, get a real-life friend to explain it to you in person

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I suspect the OP is not a native speaker of English, so we can cut a little slack there on the grammar et al. It is also likely this person is young, so we should consider this also.

There may be some personal slight here on the part of the blocker towards the OP.

Ladylouise, the best way to deal with the situation is to move on. If this person has decided they don't want to know you then maybe you should block them - they are not friendly towards you. Put him on ignore and forget he exists.

28064212 wrote: »
    If someone who is also not his friend goes to his page, what happens? The exact same thing that happens to you. It is not personal. He changed his security settings, which affects everyone.

They're the same security settings I use, are you offended that I've "blocked" you?

And OP, why are you posting on an English-language board about something you are having trouble understanding? Why not post on a forum where people can read your posts without a struggle? Or even better, get a real-life friend to explain it to you in person
    it only effects me only becasue my sister found him on her facebook to see she found i coudn,t .it hour later after added his friend.hour later.every one eles can see him just not me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

O.K. there is something seriously wrong here, this has to be a wind up, whether english is your native language or not you are ignoring any advice you are been given.. your grammar and spelling is atrocious and since this is going on since October and your still going on about it you need to see someone professional !!

I still think this is a windup.............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement