Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a way of getting being blocked on facebook

Options
  • 18-10-2010 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

is there to being blocked because the blocker has all the control and victim of it has no control only taken it witch is not fair .i was blocked for no reason with out warning or reason.

the blocker has all the control and one who been blocked has to taken it like ir or lump it .there no point taken it up with facebook.

its not fair to be blocked delete not blocked.its not fair.

can one help me with some real useful advice to help me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Did someone delete you from their friends list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

Did someone delete you from their friends list?
    NOT DELETE BLOCKED INSTEAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Are you asking can you be un blocked?
    You can't, if someone has blocked you, then you're blocked, it's their choice who they want to be friends with / have view their profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

A block only affects your interactions with that person; if they don't want to talk to you, that's their right.

Just another note, if you block someone, they can't see you and you can't see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Hrm, wonder why he blocked you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

ladylouise wrote: »
    NOT DELETE BLOCKED INSTEAD

You can't unblock yourself, if they don't want to interact with you on Facebook they shouldn't have to and you shouldn't be trying to make them either. Blocks were put in place for a reason so you just have to deal with it I'm afraid.

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    You can't unblock yourself, if they don't want to interact with you on Facebook they shouldn't have to and you shouldn't be trying to make them either. Blocks were put in place for a reason so you just have to deal with it I'm afraid.
    ITS NOT FAIR HAPPENED TWICE AND GUY DID N,T EVEN KNOW ME , CULTURE CLASH AND MISUNDERSTANDING GOT ME BLOCK WIRES CROSSED I GOT BLAMED .i said something he though i meant some thing else i can,t explain to him he won,t listen.

ITS NOT FAIR HAPPENED TWICE AND GUY DID N,T EVEN KNOW ME , CULTURE CLASH AND MISUNDERSTANDING GOT ME BLOCK WIRES CROSSED I GOT BLAMED .i said something he though i meant some thing else i can,t explain to him he won,t listen.

It may not seem fair, but it's done now, and you won't be able to contact him further if he has you blocked. You'll just have to accept that he's blocked you and move on. People block people all the time, and don't always give an explanation. It's their right to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Well if you got blocked twice you must of had a chance to explain before getting blocked the second time anyway nothing to do with me, but if this guy doesn't even know you then just leave him be no point moaning about it. It's his right to block you just as it's yours to block anyone else.

• Advertisement

i feel bad because he blocked me he hates me he does n,t even know me.
    its makes me very sad and lonely.i would never block some one because i,d feel bad might want them back as friend again. all because of culture clash .he never gave me chance to explain he very moody and u can,t say any thing to him when he is in mood.he does n,t even feel bad for it it blocked my sister who done nothing to him. all because she was my sister

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I never understand why people are "friends" with people on facebook that they don't even know. That being said, I am friends with loads of people who I don't know well but I would see them out and about.

Well if he doesn't know you, or your sister, then you shouldn't feel bad. You said he doesn't know you so what does it matter if he blocked you - he's not a friend so who cares what he thinks. Just leave him be and if he bothers to try and be friends again just say no.

star-pants wrote: »
    Well if he doesn't know you, or your sister, then you shouldn't feel bad. You said he doesn't know you so what does it matter if he blocked you - he's not a friend so who cares what he thinks. Just leave him be and if he bothers to try and be friends again just say no.
    i doubt he,ll feel bad for doing it andi,ll doubt he wnats to be freinds with me ever again and it was his fault not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Quick OP, what's your facebook account? I want to block you too. Does that offend you?

Seriously, what is the problem? You want to know if you can force him to talk to you? Is that your question? No, you can't do that

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

What would be the point of having a block feature, if the target of the block could override it? That would be pretty useless - right?

blubloblu wrote: »
    A block only affects your interactions with that person; if they don't want to talk to you, that's their right.
    no that's wrong i had facebook i made friends some his friends he blocked me i didn,t add him or interact with in any way shape make or form .now thats not on i only made friends with his friends and he still blocked me. this time for nothing at all but making frends with friends i had in common with him :(

FOR NOTHING BUT MAKING FRIENDS WITH HIS FRIENDS I STILL GET BLOCKED WITH OUT CONSCIENCE OR CARE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

no that's wrong i had facebook i made friends some his friends he blocked me i didn,t add him or interact with in any way shape make or form .now thats not on i only made friends with his friends and he still blocked me. this time for nothing at all but making frends with friends i had in common with him :(

FOR NOTHING BUT MAKING FRIENDS WITH HIS FRIENDS I STILL GET BLOCKED WITH OUT CONSCIENCE OR CARE

Think of it this way. If you met someone in a pub/nightclub/cafe and they weren't interested in being friends with you and they walk away. Then imagine you walk over to them again and they still don't want to be your friend. That's it. They don't want to be your friend. Their actions can seem hurtful and insensitive but that's life. Everybody has the right to choose who they want to be friends with. I'm sure there are plenty more people that would be happy to have you as a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

Firstly you should not be getting stroppy with people that were confused by your posts as they're just about legible and secondly he is fully entitled to block your access/contact on Facebook-build a bridge.I mean this in the nicest possible way :)

laylah wrote: »
    Firstly you should not be getting stroppy with people that were confused by your posts as they're just about legible and secondly he is fully entitled to block your access/contact on Facebook-build a bridge.I mean this in the nicest possible way :)
    sorry i didn,t make my clear
    i did not add him as friend or had any interactrion with him

i ONLY made friends his friends only.not him in any i had nothing to do with him ,his friends accept me but he blocked me for no good reason i had nothing at all to do with him i interacted with new ones .i don,t see why he blocked me when i had nothing to do with him at all.just out blue today blocked me with out warning it does n,t seem fair,this time i truly had nothing to do with him only made friends with his friends ,he has hatred for me or set on me for no good reason.its like he does n,t want to be friends with his friends at all.i am not fighting with him at all he has set on me and grudge against me .he doesn,t like any one who doesn,t like him or said any thing against him but he can do what he likes to others and there is come back

i am no good to explain things

• Advertisement

i ONLY made friends his friends only.not him in any i had nothing to do with him ,his friends accept me but he blocked me for no good reason i had nothing at all to do with him i interacted with new ones .i don,t see why he blocked me when i had nothing to do with him at all.just out blue today blocked me with out warning it does n,t seem fair,this time i truly had nothing to do with him only made friends with his friends ,he has hatred for me or set on me for no good reason.its like he does n,t want to be friends with his friends at all.i am not fighting with him at all he has set on me and grudge against me .he doesn,t like any one who doesn,t like him or said any thing against him but he can do what he likes to others and there is come back

i am no good to explain things
    he doesn,t like me making friends with friends is the reason why he blocked me petty and childish reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

i ONLY made friends his friends only.not him in any i had nothing to do with him ,his friends accept me but he blocked me for no good reason i had nothing at all to do with him i interacted with new ones
    This doesn't make sense. He can only block you if you are his friend.

If you were never his friend, he could never have blocked you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

he doesn,t like me making friends with friends is the reason why he blocked me petty and childish reason

So get over it and stop stalking

This doesn't make sense. He can only block you if you are his friend.

If you were never his friend, he could never have blocked you.
    well he did i would n,t be written here if i understood it believe me.i never added him as freind. just other people who have him on as friend.but i never added.i am NOT fighting with him or nothing ,i just got blocked for nothing.i don,t understand it at all

i though i could not be done. i am confused by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

I don't understand! If he wasn't your even your friend why would you care - or even know - that he blocked you?

This has to be one of the strangest threads I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You can block non-friends.

it is really handy ... youcan even block them so if they search for you you don't even show up in search results.

Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Get a life......

i didn,t know people can block non friends .even i did nothing wrong but make friends with his friends i get block for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

But why do you care?!?!

• Advertisement

Sorry to butt in, but I don't believe you've yet answered the "why do you care question". Not trying to be an ass, but I'm genuinely curious.

EDIT: Great timing, Carwash!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement