Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

The problem with Halloween costumes is that if they aren't done well they look so bad that you probably would have been better off not dressing up, but on the other hand, in order for them to look good you need to put in an inordinante amount of effort, which is a lot of bother for one night, and it also looks a bit odd too.

Also, I hate girls who dress up in ridiculously revealling costumes, it isn't slutoween or ego-aween. I'll pay for your flights to Amsterdam just leave me alone.

I must be the absolute definition of this then, as this year it's Cammy's turn. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I'm thinking of dressing up as a youtube video.

Example:
    http://www.thearchnemesis.com/images/youtube%20costume.jpg

Brilliant, just brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    I must be the absolute definition of this then, as this year it's Cammy's turn. :pac:

Oooh Blocked here at work!

Must be really good!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

The Gride of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Nudist on strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I will be wearing fancy dress but not going as anything as such maybe something onto the witch from betwiched that looks like a fairy!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Jade Goody on her wedding day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Also, I hate girls who dress up in ridiculously revealling costumes, it isn't slutoween or ego-aween. I'll pay for your flights to Amsterdam just leave me alone.
    More for those of us with penises then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

More for the those of us with penises then

Well said!

Slutty costumes are class!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

larry murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I was thinking of going as Betamax this year,was Old Gregg last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Bertie Ahern could be a good one. Cut leg holes into the bottom of a big carboard box and have a door and hey-press-to it's "News of the world Bertie!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Comic book Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The pope, i did it last year and got a great reaction everywhere i went. had a book of confessions that people wrote their sins in, was some read the next morning!

Getting another run out of the costume, not buying a new one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Think i'll just put a white sheet over my head and pretend i'm a ghost.

Then again,i'm so pale anyway, maybe i don't need the sheet..

Dragon. Egg cartons, glue and a pile of black paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Shawn Crahan AKA Clown #6 from Slipknot with the Mask from the Iowa album, got the mask this morning from ebay and have the boots/overall/fake blood.

http://www.slipknot-metal.com/photogallery/albums/uploads/members/shawn/images/Shawn20.jpg

Deliciously evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Santa Claus, just to confuse everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dark fairy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Elmo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

A member of the bloody beetroots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Sounds UBER ghey but i'm gonna do a playboy bunny outfit (in the hopes the one i wore 10 yrs ago still fits :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

beer wizard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

what can I say.........

koljr-banana-splits-400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Kiera wrote: »
    Sounds UBER ghey but i'm gonna do a playboy bunny outfit (in the hopes the one i wore 10 yrs ago still fits :))
    Ah ya came back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ah ya came back!

I need/missed my friends x :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The Hamburglar.

But in reality, I never think of dressing up until it's too late to get a decent costume together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lantus wrote: »
    what can I say.........

koljr-banana-splits-400.jpg

hands up those who started humming the theme tune when you looked at this picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Steyr wrote: »
    Shawn Crahan AKA Clown #6 from Slipknot with the Mask from the Iowa album, got the mask this morning from ebay and have the boots/overall/fake blood.

http://www.slipknot-metal.com/photogallery/albums/uploads/members/shawn/images/Shawn20.jpg

Deliciously evil.

wanted to get me and the lads to do the full band, but we could only get 5 to agree :( sad face! i was all on for Joey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Does anyone know where I could get a Shrek mask? You'd think they would be everywhere but I have looked in Hallmark, Smyths and Toymaster with no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get a Shrek mask? You'd think they would be everywhere but I have looked in Hallmark, Smyths and Toymaster with no luck.

Just did a quick google and you could order one from UK, if you can't find a closer alternative.

http://www.escapade.co.uk/Masks-sale/Licensed-Movie-masks/Adult-shrek-mask-68146.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gonna buy a lollipop.....that's me Kojak costume sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have tried ebay and the ones on there are quite cheap and sort of dont look like shrek at all. Would also rather not order online as I dont want to be waiting on it to come in the post incase there are any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Have tried ebay and the ones on there are quite cheap and sort of dont look like shrek at all. Would also rather not order online as I dont want to be waiting on it to come in the post incase there are any problems.

Well your close to dublin, head into town and take a walk around, you are bound to find a shrek mask in one of those small shops, I would suggest the costume shop across the road from stephens green shopping centre at the top of grafton street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

No idea really, choices range from Ann Summers outfits to playboy bunny (done that before though) or something simple like morticia adams/witch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I'm gonna wear a man thong, cover myself in dirt and oil and carry around a case of beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I'm gonna wear a man thong, cover myself in dirt and oil and carry around a case of beer.

Normal Saturday night out then :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Think I'll try Poison Ivy this year but the ready-made costumes are awful so will be a lot of work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ruffles91

a smurf-ette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Ghost from Modern Warfare 2

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Scout from Team Fortress 2.
    BOINK!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I have access to about 20 dif starwars costumes so just have to decide which. maybe Ben Kenobe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm still considering what to dress up as....

I'm thinking of a sexy witch or Raoul Duke (fear and loathing) I'm just wondering how I could get away with sexing it up.....Any help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Hey all, looking for some serious help here! Me and 3 mates challenged 4 of our friends to a group costume competition. Whoever loses supplies the booze for the night. Just found out that they've decided to be the 4 teenage mutant ninja turtles. Gotta say, it's genius. Finding it hard to think of anything better. So far i've come up with the 4 south park or ghost busters characters but neither are as a good idea imo. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Not necessarily, when done right with the steering wheel etc it'll be the talk of the party.

would it be bad to laugh if you crashed and died on the way to the party!? NO!

dressing up as one of the ymca gang :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Hey all, looking for some serious help here! Me and 3 mates challenged 4 of our friends to a group costume competition. Whoever loses supplies the booze for the night. Just found out that they've decided to be the 4 teenage mutant ninja turtles. Gotta say, it's genius. Finding it hard to think of anything better. So far i've come up with the 4 south park or ghost busters characters but neither are as a good idea imo. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

ninjas?
    power rangers?
    teletubbies?
    zombies in pyjamas?

put "mens halloween costumes" into google...
    search images.... you'll get lots of ideas..

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

foxinsox wrote: »
    power rangers?

I'm the green ranger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

foxinsox wrote: »
    ninjas?
    power rangers?
    teletubbies?
    zombies in pyjamas?

put "mens halloween costumes" into google...
    search images.... you'll get lots of ideas..

:)
    NothingMan wrote: »
    I'm the green ranger :D

Cheers guys. I'm liking the power ranger idea. They'd definitely kill the ninja turtles!! :)@NothingMan, how you going about making yours? The suit should be easy enough but the helmet could be tricky to get right.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement