Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Thin White Duke, baby!

Complete with personas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Would a pub have problems with you going in with a toy gun does anyone know? I'm wondering would they let it pass at Halloween..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Would a pub have problems with you going in with a toy gun does anyone know? I'm wondering would they let it pass at Halloween..

How toy is 'toy'?

If it looks very real or is able to hurt considerably then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I think I'm just going to be a zombie.. ripped clothes & what not. It's much easier/cheaper than getting a proper costume! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The Beastie Boys (with 2 other dudes)

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The Hamburglar.

But in reality, I never think of dressing up until it's too late to get a decent costume together.

My mate dressed up as The Spirit a few years ago. Looked the spit of the Hamburglar.

Will be going as Sonic the Hedgehog this year I'd say.

Rhyme wrote: »
    How toy is 'toy'?

If it looks very real or is able to hurt considerably then no.

Haven't got it yet, but it definitely wouldn't hurt, not gonna bring a bb gun or something.
    I'll just get a cheap kids one that looks very unrealistic and hope for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

thinking of doing something like Miami Vice. Already have the mullet from before. Anybody any ideas where to try for a white suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

df1985 wrote: »
    The pope, i did it last year and got a great reaction everywhere i went. had a book of confessions that people wrote their sins in, was some read the next morning!

Getting another run out of the costume, not buying a new one!

Good idea with the confession book. Think I'll do something similiar this year. Where did you get the costume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I bought a fairly real looking sword - cut it in half, stuck it to a t-shirt and covered it in blood. - only problem will be is sitting down :(

• Advertisement

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I bought a fairly real looking sword - cut it in half, stuck it to a t-shirt and covered it in blood. - only problem will be is sitting down :(

Did you use your own blood, or someone else's?

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Did you use your own blood, or someone else's?

Lets just say somebody will be reported missing very soon... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Woopie Cushion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Alan from the hangover, if only i knew a bricks and mortar where to get a decent beard, wig and that t-shirt.
    http://www.besthalloweenpics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/AlanFromTheHangoverMovieHalloweenCostume.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Something slutty of course.

Something slutty of course.

Goin as yourself then... :)

Too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Goin as yourself then... :)

Too easy

Thats me!! :D

Maybe I should go as Classy refined enjoyments......hmmm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Just bought the last pieces for my costume. I'm gonna be Zatanna from DC Comics. Rocking the top hat and fishnets on Wednesday night at my college Halloween Ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RedDevil1878

80's pop icon. Coool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

PH4T wrote: »
    Good idea with the confession book. Think I'll do something similiar this year. Where did you get the costume?

A local costume shop in Leixlip, ive seen the same costume online though on irish websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

alex-de-large1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Chilean Miner, innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Black person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

A guy I know went as "black woman" a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Human Centipede.I'm going in the middle.Yay!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Going as a reverse centaur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

anyone know how to dye skin black/brown without causing any damage? or a body paint that won't sweat/rub off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CapitalG

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    anyone know how to dye skin black/brown without causing any damage? or a body paint that won't sweat/rub off?

Your best bet is to go with a instant tan like Rimmel's SunShimmer in medium matte. Watch out not to get the shimmer version or you'll end up looking like a disco ball. You should be able to pick it up in Boots/Penneys/Dunnes for around 7 squid. Few layers of that and you'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭highfive

I heard a story about this guy who was working in a video shop on halloween night when loads of stormtroopers marched in and made a guard of honor corridor thing up to the counter and then Darth Vadar marched thru the guard of honor to return a video and then they all left without saying a word. Now that's kool! ;)
    Carl Sagan wrote: »
    You making the head yourself?

I've no idea. Me and a few friends were planning on going as stormtroopers but the costumes aren't great so we'll have to think of something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm thinking about going as a Priest myself. Its cheap and easy to make as I have all the pieces ( bar the black top and the white collar. ) The confession book idea sounds genius, though. I think I'll be doing that myself. :D

Would there be any way to twist the priest idea, the two the came off the top of my head are zombie priest and drunk priest.

As for last year, I went as a Nerd, white shirt, pens glasses, brown pants and all. I lost 3 of the pens and the shirt was covered in writing by the end of the night when I got the idea to get girls to write on it!

I actually still have the shirt and haven't read what was on it, I think it might be worth a look right now! :D

Advertisement