Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

scudzilla wrote: »
    Fcuk knows, is the event still 100% confirmed? Last i heard that idiot Zelaznik was telling people NOT to book hotels etc as it wasn't confirmed, and that's the first time he's ever taken fans into account.

And as for it selling out, i doubt it, if you get the presale password ya should be fine

Not confirmed as far as I can tell. I'm living in London so less hassle for me to attend so just want to make sure I give myself a good chance to get tickets!

Presale password eh? Where would I go about obtaining that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

is it just me or is rory mcdonald a really unlikable guy?
    hope he gets distroyed by ellenberger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not confirmed as far as I can tell. I'm living in London so less hassle for me to attend so just want to make sure I give myself a good chance to get tickets!

Presale password eh? Where would I go about obtaining that?!

There's 2 ways

You could pay to join the UFC Fight Club, around 50-60euro and you can buy up to 6 tickets first, before anywhere else or you could just subscribe to the email list, ya get dibs on tickets a day before the general sale, can't for the life of me remember where the link was, should be easy enough to find

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

nino1 wrote: »

He is a very disrespectful person. He started show boating against BJ in their fight, while he was picking BJ apart.

What gives him a right to do that to someone, who has held the belt in two weight divisions? None.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

unknown13 wrote: »
    He is a very disrespectful person. He started show boating against BJ in their fight, while he was picking BJ apart.

What gives him a right to do that to someone, who has held the belt in two weight divisions? None.

Same could be said for Silva. Why does he get all the love? Not saying I'm a fan of MacDonald. He's good to watch but personality wise, he's a dick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I think your first paragraph answers the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fcuk knows, is the event still 100% confirmed? Last i heard that idiot Zelaznik was telling people NOT to book hotels etc as it wasn't confirmed, and that's the first time he's ever taken fans into account.

And as for it selling out, i doubt it, if you get the presale password ya should be fine

Thought Zelaznik was nothing to do with the UK anymore, since Garry Cook took over?

And no, last I heard it sill wasn't confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Thought Zelaznik was nothing to do with the UK anymore, since Garry Cook took over?

And no, last I heard it sill wasn't confirmed.

As far as i know the prick is still wit Zuffa

As far as i know the prick is still wit Zuffa

He's definitely still with them, but not based in or in charge of Europe anymore. Cook has taken over that role.

Roy Nelson has agreed a new deal, fighting Cormier at UFC 166.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

The Voice versus Nick Diaz

2dbuufa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

dave1982 wrote: »
    The Voice versus Nick Diaz

2dbuufa.jpg

What is this meant to mean?. Let them down how?, what did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz No showed a episode of the Voice Versus

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

What is this meant to mean?. Let them down how?, what did he do?

He didn't show up for an interview. That's letting the fans, who where looking forward to the interview, down.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I don't think he's a disrespectful person. He's only disrespected BJ. BJ was talking crap about Rory and Rory shut him up in the fight. Rory isn't a likable person because he has a dull personality. He's very blunt and monotone in interviews and never seems excited in interviews.

He had every right to do that to BJ. BJ hasn't taken a fight seriously since the Sanchez fight. He's too lazy to make the cut to 155 where he's dominated but instead decides to take the easy route in training and fights at 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

He said after the fight that it was just stuff he does in training to create openings or some **** like that! Itl be interesting to see if in 5 years alot more people are "showboating"

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 165, thats going to be some fight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

rory-macdonald-glasses.jpg

Hard to like anybody who willingly looks like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

On an unrelated note, was going through my old stuff and came across a load of pics and autographs I got when I was at the UFC expo in London a few years back. Sitting right there was an autograph by Paul Kelly. It's value can only have increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

p to the e wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, was going through my old stuff and came across a load of pics and autographs I got when I was at the UFC expo in London a few years back. Sitting right there was an autograph by Paul Kelly. It's value can only have increased.
    Why because he is a convicted heroin dealer?You may as well flush it down the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Just hope Ellenberger fights with a bit more heart and a little less control coz he's gona need some serious aggression to finish this kid ....and he'll need to get it done in two rounds coz Rory has the deeper tank and pushes a hard pace.

Jake's gona catch him mid punch with a peach of a counter.. I can feel it : )
    This is Ellenbergers big big chance and I've been hypin him since he arrived so I will bloody cry he pings this A-Hole!

2 Good Scraps !
    This and the Ninja showdown between Edwards and Cruikshank !

PP

Rory 2/5
    Jake 15/8

Is that regarded as heavy fav? don't bet on UFC so don't know...sounds heavy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

Just hope Ellenberger fights with a bit more heart and a little less control coz he's gona need some serious aggression to finish this kid ....and he'll need to get it done in two rounds coz Rory has the deeper tank and pushes a hard pace.

Jake's gona catch him mid punch with a peach of a counter.. I can feel it : )
    This is Ellenbergers big big chance and I've been hypin him since he arrived so I will bloody cry he pings this A-Hole!

2 Good Scraps !
    This and the Ninja showdown between Edwards and Cruikshank !

PP

Rory 2/5
    Jake 15/8

Is that regarded as heavy fav? don't bet on UFC so don't know...sounds heavy enough
    MacDonald will be to much for Ellenberger,Jake seems to come up short in some of his fights.Rory will take over from GSP soon that's how good he is.

MacDonald will be to much for Ellenberger,Jake seems to come up short in some of his fights.Rory will take over from GSP soon that's how good he is.

Jake is gona step it up and knock out this scary freaky physical monster McDonald....tellin ya : )

Jake has hands of stone whereas Rory doesn't really lean into his strikes much usually because he's so well balanced in his wide stance so that's Jake's best chance - to trust his own chin and get in close and unleash some violence in a flurry, preferably a short range hook or uppercut when Rory is coming in coz he's good at those close range shots and McDonald has so much momentum to knock himself out with (seeing as he looks about 210 pounds in the cage the freak!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

nino1 wrote: »

I don't mind the guy, he reminds me of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.

There's no way this fight goes any other way other than Rory by an absolute mauling.

I genuinely think he'll make a mockery of him like he showed up BJ and beat him up just for fun.

Ronda Rousey has been confirmed for a part in The Expendables 3. No details on how big a part, hopefully not enough to distract her from her MMA career.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

There's no way this fight goes any other way other than Rory by an absolute mauling.

I genuinely think he'll make a mockery of him like he showed up BJ and beat him up just for fun.

Really? I dunno, I think MacDonald is good but he is a bit unproven against the top guys in the division which Ellenberger would be part of.

It's very, very interesting anyway. If it goes over two rounds I see Rory winning, if Jake can come out aggressive and catch him I think he has the power to finish him.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Ronda Rousey has been confirmed for a part in The Expendables 3. No details on how big a part, hopefully not enough to distract her from her MMA career.

She has something in her contract that UFC comes first. She stated before signing that she had looked into movies etc but Dana said he'd only give the contract if he got first say on what she did and didn't do.
    Ush1 wrote: »
    Really? I dunno, I think MacDonald is good but he is a bit unproven against the top guys in the division which Ellenberger would be part of.

It's very, very interesting anyway. If it goes over two rounds I see Rory winning, if Jake can come out aggressive and catch him I think he has the power to finish him.

Ha, I'd be of the same opinion for Ellenberger :) Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ha, I'd be of the same opinion for Ellenberger :) Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Very fair point, I think the Shields and Marquardt wins were big for Jake though. Significant underdog but I'll throw a few quid on him.

Biggest fight of Ellenberger's career by far.

Daunting task but I think he's got heavier hands when all hell breaks loose and that's what he has to cause happen, early - an exchange.

Jake's gona catch him flush this is his moment !

• Advertisement

Sweet, Brian Stann to replace Joe Rogan at 163. Look forward to hearing from him. Although, I'd rather he replaced Goldie :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement