Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Lovely flying knee 30 seconds in... not sure if it lands flush though... guess we'll have to wait and see ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Looks like Tate REALLY gets under Ronda's skin, hopefully the show is as good as the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Looks like Tate REALLY gets under Ronda's skin, hopefully the show is as good as the trailer

Looks like Ronda understands how tv shows and ratings work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

JJayoo wrote: »
    Looks like Ronda understands how tv shows and ratings work.

I think Ronda genuinely does not like Miesha... there was a lot of the same stuff leading up to their first fight in Strikeforce - plus Tate not tapping to the armbar seemed to suggest there was a lot of hostility between them - which is why I am sure the UFC has thrown then together again so soon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah I don't think there's anything fake about Ronda. She genuinely hates Tate and is a very angry lady! I doubt her boyfriend dares stay in the pub for an extra pint without telling her first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Good to see Ian the Machine Freeman beat Ricco Rodriguez at the ripe old age of 46. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Rousey basically admitted to artificial hyping of fights on the MMA Hour. She said something along the lines of we don't need to be friends but at the end of the day I make sure we still have jobs as female MMA fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dana looks right sleazy in the still image for that tuf preview vid.

In other news Mayhem Miller is begging you not to watch UFC
    Dana White has killed the sport that you and i love. The refusal to build stars. The reward for standing and wanging. THE UNIFIED RULES, have all killed the sport of mixed martial arts. I come to you humbly, as a student and teacher of the mixed martial arts. A man that has never tapped out, or been knocked out in mixed martial arts competition and ask that you do not support a corporate monarchy that favors a mark in the Win column, over showcasing the ART of MMA.
    Obviously, it behooves those with an interest in gambling on Ultimate Fighting to know who will most likely win and most likely lose a UFC match, so the current structure will remain until YOU, the Fan demand that these forces stop controlling Mixed Martial Arts.
    I am Mayhem Miller, so i am well aware of what it is like to live on the opposite end of the coorporate power structure, with a lifetime record of 52-8-1 and a UFC record of 0-3. The men in UFC were never stronger than men i fought around the World, just the circumstances in which i fought them were more Extreme. As a fan.
    I urge you...
    When the next Big Thing hits, jump aboard-because with PPV sales slipping since 2009, and the executives at Fox watching these boring fights, if you are still a Dana shill, you are polishing the brass on the Cubicle Captain's Titanic. Don't let him kill our sport. I love it too much. Sincerely,
    The Mayhem Monkey
    Jason Mayhem Miller

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

What's his alternative? What does he want us to do once we've stopped watching the UFC? The article isn't exactly bursting with information and statistics to back up his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah poor Jason isn't well. I was watching an interview he was doing on some sports show last week. He has a clothing range now and was wearing one of his t-shirts. Then he takes out a knife and starts cutting it up to get the mayhem look. Guy is too unstable to be carrying around a knife and pulling it out on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Mayhem and Rampage should get together and form a WWE tag team or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Mayhem bitching about putting on boring fights, he's hardly Wanderlei Silva when it comes to excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Is anyone else getting sick of Ronda's antics. First off, I know she's only doing it to generate interest in the show and her fights but it's been annoying me for a while and after seeing that TUF preview and the recent staredowns (below) it's finally pushed me to really dislike her.

She always comes across really disrespectful and childish when talking about Miesha. Then to give her the finger at the end of the staredown like a wannabe Diaz. I know the train together sometimes but try pick up their techniques, not their attitude. It always reeks of trying too hard. That coupled with her tantrums in the TUF preview and grabbing the keys out of Tate's hand and throwing them aside. It's all getting a little too theatrical with her.

She's a cracking talent but she's really come across a an unlikable person. I know editing can always skew a persons image but the TUF preview looks pretty damning.

On a side note, nice to see Paddy in there. Here's hoping he's made it through and done well.

In their fight did Ronda mess up both of Tate's arms? The first time she went for the arm bar I'm pretty sure she had it bent backwards and Tate managed to fight on then Ronda destroyed the other arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I used to like Ronda but after she trained with the Diaz brothers I think she got a massive ego and got a little annoying. Still I like watching her fight though, she's the best Judo chick in the business.

Is there any fighter she wouldn't be able to take down at will(apart from Cyborg)? It would be interesting to see what her stand up is like because we really haven't seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

JJayoo wrote: »
    In their fight did Ronda mess up both of Tate's arms? The first time she went for the arm bar I'm pretty sure she had it bent backwards and Tate managed to fight on then Ronda destroyed the other arm.

I think it was just the one when she wouldn't tap to the armbar

stuchyg wrote: »
    I think it was just the one when she wouldn't tap to the armbar

Just watched it again. Damn she destroyed her left arm twice.
    1.36 left arm bent backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

ortiz vs rampage for the ppv hahaha makes only slightly more sense amd even less ppl will buy it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

Tito Ortiz just walked out to challenge Rampage in Bellator. It was all very pro wrestling. They fight in November. Didn't see that one comming.

The whole Roy Jones thing was a ruse, he was in the audience tonight. first row ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

weemcd wrote: »
    Tito Ortiz just walked out to challenge Rampage in Bellator. It was all very pro wrestling. They fight in November. Didn't see that one comming.

This could work for Bellator. Make it like WWE but with real fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This could work for Bellator. Make it like WWE but with real fighting.

It's actually quite a clever hook. Make the WWE into real fighting.
    No scripts needed, just over the top attitudes and egos.

Wait, this happened on TNA or Bellator?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This is a sure turd isn't it?

I mean when Affliction had former UFC champs like Sylvia, Arlovski and Barnett, plus the mighty Fedor himself, they were only scraping together 100k buys on PPV.

Bellator are putting together 2 washed up bums with a combined record of 0-6 in the last 2 years.

Tito is on a run of 2-7-1 in his last 10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

But at least one of them will get a win this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

adamski8 wrote: »
    But at least one of them will get a win this time!

Draw decision

what yez think about Machida v Davis on Sat? Can't wait for it!

Lyoto will dart in and out and do a lot of running away (I don't mind when he does it coz he can pull a KO out of nowhere) while Davis will try get in using his strangely effective awkward lookin 1,2 for one of his filthy Takedowns.
    Davis is a takedown beast. Once he gets a hold of you you're fuked! Machida will have trained some tasty counters for Davis's predictable stand up. You gotta give speed to Machida obviously but Davis has gas for days now and he's wider than a bus up top so you just can't expect to get him off ya if he gets to side mount or even half guard and as we know he has some creative subs on tap.

Both have momentum comin into this one and both are gunning for a shot at Jones.... great match up!

Can see a preemptive Machida flying knee within 2 rounds as Davis gets frustrated trying to get near the Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Really?

I can see a repeat of Machida vs Hendo.

that's why I think it's good. Machida can't run away all fight and Davis HAS to get hands him or he'll lose. One guys primed for big power doubles and the other for counter striking.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Has anyone beeen watching Fight Master? I have the 1st episode dowloaded and gonna try watch it over the weekend... Any use, would u recommend?

• Advertisement

I've been watching. Up as far as episode 5, haven't watched this week's one.

It's a bit "meh". The standard of fighter is pretty shocking. It's like TUF but.... well, it's like TUF. They have 2 fights a week though. There's less of the "reality" stuff and more fights.

One thing though, I find it fascinating to listen to Greg Jackson in the corner. He seems to tell his fighters exactly what they need to hear. At one point his fighter was knackered and going for a take down, Jackson was saying "YOU'RE STRONG!! YOU'RE STRONG!!". Fighter reacted bu picking the guy up and slamming him down.

When you compare him to Joe Warren who doesn't seem to know much about coaching at all, it's interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement