Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The case against Metro North - is there one?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

chooochooo wrote: »
    So what happened to your new 'railway order' logs?
    This another one of your facts/assumptions/lies?
    Are all your posts fantasy?

Are all your posts going be to dig up posts from 4/5 Months ago and call the poster a liar?

Metro North still does not have planning for a Depot yet.:confused: are you ignoring that fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Mod!

Folks I've already hand out one Infraction on this thread for the post before last. Can we have a civilised discussion or I will be handing out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭chooochooo

lods wrote: »
    Are all your posts going be to dig up posts from 4/5 Months ago and call the poster a liar?

Metro North still does not have planning for a Depot yet.:confused: are you ignoring that fact?

planning app is already in. will be granted shortly.

planning app is already in. will be granted shortly.

As i said it doesn't have plaanning for a depot:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Jack Noble

As i said it doesn't have plaanning for a depot:rolleyes:

According to An Bord Pleanala's website, a decision on the relocated depot is due on May 18.

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/NS0006.htm

• Advertisement

Jack Noble wrote: »
    According to An Bord Pleanala's website, a decision on the relocated depot is due on May 18.

Which is what i said :confused::confused::confused:

Which is what i said :confused::confused::confused:

Just pointing out for the record when it is expected to get permission.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

lods wrote:
    I think ABP have killed it off . New railway ordered needed etc. new oral hearing etc . It'll never happen now
    So what happened to your new 'railway order' logs?
    This another one of your facts/assumptions/lies?
    Are all your posts fantasy?

Just to be clear on this, whatever about his trolling, on their posts alone chooochooo is correct and lods is wrong.

There's only need for a minor railway order for the depot (a new railway order for the whole project is not needed) and there's no need for a new oral hearing.

Furthermore, ABP made it clear that full enabling works could start before permission for the depot was decided on.

It's expected that the depot locations pose no problems. The RPA applied for three options -- one just north of the airport and two different locations between the airport and the M50 (south of the airport and north or the M50). The area between the M50 and the airport is mostly farmland with development made up of large airport car parks, a Dubin Bus depot and some industrial units. There's hardly any houses. The location north of the airport is around industrial units.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bg07

Jack Noble wrote: »

That is only the application for scoping of the EIS of the new application i.e. the proper application has to follow this. You're forgetting how painfully slow ABP work.

bg07 wrote: »
    That is only the application for scoping of the EIS of the new application i.e. the proper application has to follow this. You're forgetting how painfully slow ABP work.

My bad - I thought that was the actual RO application. Apologies all.

It seems that is due to go in to ABP next month. I know from talking to people in the RPA that they expect a decision within a few months of the application going in.
    http://dublinobserver.com/2011/01/metro-north-depot-permission-to-be-sought-in-april/

Tom Manning at the State’s light railway agency, said it will make an application for a new depot in April, but the time frame for a decision on the issue lies with An Bord Pleanala. Enabling works are due to continue in the meanwhile.

• Advertisement

My original comments were made on the day Of the origional decision, before all the facts were known & the RPA decided to proceed with the existing railway order. It was quoted by the poster as if I said it recently, in mischievous way .Enabling works won't start next month .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

My original comments were made on the day Of the origional decision, before all the facts were known & the RPA decided to proceed with the existing railway order. It was quoted by the poster as if I said it recently, in mischievous way .Enabling works won't start next month .

Sure I fully accept that you made the comments some time ago.

But there was never any question of the RPA not proceeding with the existing railway order and ABP made it clear straight away they could do so. You may have posted before you knew all the facts, but all the facts were available once the ABP decision was published. If you don't know something for sure, it's best to ask questions rather than make statements.

Advertisement