Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

140.6 deep breaths...

Options
1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Way to go there, super stud!! That swim was blazing....and sounds like you crossed the line in style. Now, exhale!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Well done Mike. Cannot wait for all these reports! I hope the body is beginning to recover. From Fran's comment about funny looks at work on Twitter id can only imagine how you must be after the cramping!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Thank you for the posts, emails, texts of support etc.. Boards is a great community to be part of. Wore my boards t shirt around with pride until a funky new Challenge one replaced it. Obviously not the result I wanted but it doesn't matter. The experience is what counts. Ill remember this one more than Roth for lots of reasons. Ill put a report together before I sign off this log. Just keeping an eye on this place with the mod hat on for now.

Swimming in the cool med without a wetsuit almost feels like soothing karma for the pain I felt on Sunday! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Race Report attached.

While the Big one didn't materialize as planned originally, there were plenty of highs during the season...

1:23:40 half marathon PB
    First Race win, albeit at "messing" :D
    An AG prize at Kilkee
    Doing the Beast of Ballyhoura
    10:45 IM off crap training

So, that's it folks. So more to add to this chapter. Time to take a few weeks off and contemplate the next one. I may or may not set up a log again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Well done Mike. Great report as usual. Fair play to you for keeping it together and finishing. On a side note those photos are brilliant quality- great camera!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I like the way JB is standing on a box for the first swim photo to make him look taller!!! Great report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Well done Mike, great report.

It was a very good race as well given everything else you were doing this season. Savage swim time and a very good bike split off what you say was a poor season's work. These along with your marathon time from Connemara last year, shows you'd be capable of a very impressive ironman time with the proper focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great report Mike. Must be incredibly frustrating to have the quads lock up on you, and be powerless to do anything about it, when you still have wind in your sail and a potential sub-10 to grab hold of. If you do ditch the log, I hope you keep posting the reports. They make for a great easy Saturday morning (when I should be out running). As they say round these parts... chapeau.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Great report and a job well done - you truly embraced the spirit of the weekend and the company of your partners in crime. Burn out among the boardsies seems to be a bit rampant right now, but if you think of how hard we all hit it on January 1st this year and how clogged the logs were, then the exhaustion to both training and logging is really not all that surprising. I say this in hopes that after a bit of a breather you continue to log your athletic adventures - we all bring something to the table, and your "something" would be greatly missed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Great report Mike, pleasure racing out there with you, you are a gent and Caz is a keeper for sure:) enjoy some downtime and who knows what lies ahead for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Well done Mike again. Great report as usual. I felt for ya. I know how debilitating cramps can be, experiencing them so early on is such a shame. I hope you get to the bottom of it. Still you showed great attitude and determination to see the job through, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

great report Mike, Well done on race, pity about those cramps- sub 10 definitely on if it wasnt for that...great result regardless!! congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Mike fantastic report as usual. You captured the day perfectly.
    It was great finally meeting you and your better half Caz for the first time. You are a true gentleman and sound bloke.
    You just need to rid yourself of those bloody cramps

Take a good break and re assess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Well done Mike :)

Advertisement