Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that Culchies Like (alternative to the Skanger's list)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Having a piss in Cavehill Reds garden. Ya couldn't baaate it with a schtick.

and saying ya couldn't baaate it with a schtick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

They like being much more skilled than dubs in all sports, yes that includes your shítty soccer.

Actually letting their kids out to play in a big garden rather than the 4x5 foot ones full of nettles the dubs call gardens.

Can speak understandable English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭yeahme

well to be honhest, I am on the look out for a new quare 'un, the one i have a the moment, well lets face it shes pinking a bit, just like when the auld MF135 blows the gasket, jaysis when shes yelling at me, she sounds like a dunnes stores bag a wailin cats bein drownded.

and fore i forgets it, ah TK red Lemonade and a bit a poiteen works wonders on a sick beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Trying to stop me crossing 'their' land to see a national monument

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Ear to the ground
    Angelus
    Sunday clothes
    Black wrangler jeans
    Swarfega
    Mitsubishi L200's
    Hard water
    Homemade "cakes" of brown bread
    5 piece tool kit- consaw, welder, WD40, lump hammer, bailing twine.
    Loose leaf tea.
    Have a field just for old cars.
    Burn their rubbish in a barrel.
    Range cookers.
    Never use the front door ofthe house.
    Smoke golden virginia, drink Paddy.
    Use shotguns as coatstands at the back door.
    Call a utility room a scullery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

Sykk wrote: »
    They like being much more skilled than dubs in all sports, yes that includes your shítty soccer.

Actually letting their kids out to play in a big garden rather than the 4x5 foot ones full of nettles the dubs call gardens.

Can speak understandable English.

1)Better at all sports? Definitely not golf (Harrington,McGinley). Boxing (Bernard Dunne being the most celebrated Irish boxer in years, Michael Caruth is an olympic gold medalist, Steve Collins is a former World Champion.) Dublin has produced the most great footballers (Robbie Keane,Damien Duff,Niall Quinn,Ronnie Whelan,David O Leary,Richard Dunne,Kenny Cunningham). Dublin Gaelic footballers are the second most decorated county in the country (22 All Ireland titles).Snooker(Ken Doherty is a former World Champion,Fergal O Brien is a Dub). Most of the big football clubs are from Dublin ( St Pats,Rovers,Bohs,Shels).

2) You would want to have a big garden with fcuk all else to do.

3)Understandable english? Good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

CorkMan wrote: »
    WTF!?!?!

I'm from Cork City. The city itself has 125,000 people and if you include the suburbs there is close to 300,000 people. Cork is far from a little town, it is a city. Dublin is bigger alright but I Cork is way bigger than the likes of Portlaoise, Killarney, Athlone, etc.

Feck off back ta Gurrane' ya norrie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I love it when people take this sh!t seriously and start getting all defensive (with examples!!!!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Whenever I see the boggers down here on a night out they always seem to wear chord trousers, or jeans with really really wide ends. As in they could fit the end of the pair of jeans over there shoes. That and shirts tucked into their jeans.

I was also with a relative from the country once who was amazed with the double decker buses.

All this doesnt really matter anyway, everyone from outside of this tiny island thinks of us as spud eating farmers anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Try driving to Ballyboughill, Naul, Rush etc.....full of tractors and LAND.......

LAND...............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Being a culchie I would have to say tis a package of tayto and a can of finta lemon everytime.

Sorry Lethal Lady but you are not a true culchie.

For it is a "packa-ha-tay-ho"

BTW Cork girls are ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

We'd batter them but it would be good craic.

They'd have the last laugh though cos when us culchies turned up for the fight, half of them would be down the country robbing our houses :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Blabla gibberish blah

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

boils

facial hair ( on women)

going to the priest

suits with jumpers underneath

running onto trains and buses whilst they are stationary and not due to leave for at least twenty mins

non existant dental hygiene

dunnes store plastic bags full of s***e

long necks

dogs tied up outside

linoleum in the sitting room

rte guide

conservatory on the side of the house

bungalows

string as belts

wheesh hahah laughs

whistling

knowing everyone

winking

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

EarlERizer wrote: »
    1. TK Red Lemonade
    2. Nodding sharply and saying "haw jayney o'course"
    3. Drink driving
    4. The Late Late show
    5. Glenroe DVD's VHS's
    6. GAA
    7. Painting everything in their county colours
    8. Hating Dubs
    9. Going to town
    10. Tea and a 'Hang' Sandwiches

continue....

Fixed it for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Not being surrounded by buildings and scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I haven't. You get a chance to talk about all things good with rural living and all you can do is put down another part of the country? Boast about bigger houses and bigger gardens in comparison with Dublin?

Have some pride in your area, point out the good and if you have nothing good to say, say nothing. ;)

I sincerely hope you're joking. The vast majority of the posts here seem to be people from Dublin posting insulting stereotypes(including most of the posts mentioning Dublin...).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Not that horrible fig rolls ad with the horrible skanger accents. "aaaar yaa baaaadleeee boorrrnnned bud". - Yuk.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Bazzo wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you're joking. The vast majority of the posts here seem to be people from Dublin posting insulting stereotypes(including most of the posts mentioning Dublin...).

Ok, let's all calm down here and have a ham sandwich

and a sup of tae

and a bag a taytha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Ok, let's all calm down here and have a ham sandwich

and a sup of tae

and a bag a taytha

No food in the library. If I don't get my ham sangich and tae soon I'm going to fly into a fit of culchie rage and drive my massey through the door of the library. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Knowing the words to Kenny Rogers songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

fontanalis wrote: »
    Knowing the words to Kenny Rogers songs.

A bit a country and western always goes down well at the barn dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I think its because someone started a thread about skangers. The person who started this thread & many more overly-sensitive dubs automatically thought people were talking about dublin.

There are loads of scummers in cork city & limerick. Its not always about dublin ya know.:rolleyes:

Honestly anyone outside of ireland must be laughing their holes off at us.

Ive lived in sydney & london & either of them make dublin look like a little town. Sure we're all boggers really.:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

demakinz wrote: »
    A bit a country and western always goes down well at the barn dance.

A barn , bloody fancy dan coming in here bragging. I'll give ye a few flakes of the wavin pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Very very few posts by rural people concentrating on the positive side of rural living, yourself included. My post about rear wheel driving is an example.

Try it. Have a little bit of pride. Forget about Dublin, there are loads of good things about rural living you can mention without having to talk about your capital all the time.

Here's another one.

Perfectly preserved old Fords in the original pale blue colours, original wheels, immaculate interiors. You just don't see that in the cities. Probably comes down to extra indoor space and a good mechanical knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Decent pubs, great sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Benson and Hedges
    Commerical Landcriusers
    92-97 Toyotas
    Big Proper dogs
    Fresh air
    Tractors
    ending every sentence with Lad
    Yellow plates on a soutern reg car
    Cups of tae
    GAA
    not paying half a million for a 10x10 box in dublin
    green diesal
    Not paying taxes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Having 21st, christenings etc in the "clubhouse" (local GAA shed with galvanize roof)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Very very few posts by rural people concentrating on the positive side of rural living, yourself included. My post about rear wheel driving is an example.

Try it. Have a little bit of pride. Forget about Dublin, there are loads of good things about rural living you can mention without having to talk about your capital all the time.

Here's another one.

Perfectly preserved old Fords in the original pale blue colours, original wheels, immaculate interiors. You just don't see that in the cities. Probably comes down to extra indoor space and a good mechanical knowledge.
    i live in the country .i would to see kilmainhan jail national gallery,maybe a dub would shoe me around buy him or her dinner or tae

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I think its because someone started a thread about skangers. The person who started this thread & many more overly-sensitive dubs automatically thought people were talking about dublin.

There are loads of scummers in cork city & limerick. Its not always about dublin ya know.:rolleyes:

Honestly anyone outside of ireland must be laughing their holes off at us.

Ive lived in sydney & london & either of them make dublin look like a little town. Sure we're all boggers really.:D;)

Incorrect assumption by a bogger with dillusions of grandeur :p I didn't start this thread because i'm an over sensitive Dub scanger lol .... It's just another thread for laughs , an alternative ,something a bit different to us ripping the piss out of scangers , when this one runs its course we can start one about county specific scangers and their traits ,which might be more entertaining seen as all the cabbage kickers replying to this one seem to get their draaaawrs in a twist at the mere mention of "culchie" .... for the record , I live in Dublin however I have black & amber blood!!

Anyone/everyone outside of Ireland laughing at us? they already are shom, we're a fookin joke these days, drunken taoiseach lampooned around the world,country on its arse,those that allowed it walking the streets.....land of the leprachauns run by the clowns,whats not to laugh at ffs?!?!

Now,shouldnt we try keep in the spirit of "the craic" and stay with the topic .....

Things the culchies like....

Hurly shticks & sliothars ;)

Advertisement