Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that Culchies Like (alternative to the Skanger's list)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Don't forget - ye were all culchies once.

Ehh...No, I was born in dublin, so I was never a spud gobbler

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

People from the country like a bit of intelligent conversation every now and again. This is impossible when talking to a West-Brit Dub who is so braindead that it doesnt even know where the IFSC is or where Grafton St is??? Get out of your pyjamas pushing your prams up and down to Spar, with your fake tan on at 10.00 am. Get a life and see the country. I swear most Dubs know more about X Factor than their own city. I have never met a dumber breed than your typical loud ignorant Dub. What is it with your scanger dress sense too. Ye are a bunch of cheap skates buying yer sham clothes in some flea market. As ye say in that knacker accent ye have "Look at de state of yis".

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Erm...to get back on to the topic of harmless humourless fun...

The Post Office.
    Angel Delight.
    Corned Beef.
    The Ploughing Championships.
    Dinner at 1 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Dubland
    flas wrote: »
    people in dublin
    dublin
    from dublin
    Elenxor wrote: »
    Our Dublin
    dubs
    goat2 wrote: »
    dublin
    Dublin
    CorkMan wrote: »
    Dublin .
    goat2 wrote: »
    Dublin
    Mont wrote: »
    a West-Brit Dub
    Dubs
    Dub

Being so obsessed with their capital, they have to talk about it on a thread devoted to all rural activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Bambi wrote: »
    Ehh...No, I was born in dublin, so I was never a spud gobbler

Yeah but being a dub I'm sure youse are well used to gobbling :D

• Advertisement

gobbling :D

Wishful thinking sugar. xxx ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Hare hunting

Coursing

A bottle of tay on the bog.

Getting the turf home before the neighbor.

Spitting the fat from food on the floor for the dog

A dinner dance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

The Big Smoke
    Incest
    Cabbage
    The Big Red Tractor
    Poitcheen
    The Gaa
    Rugby
    Jackeens
    occasional sheep rummage
    Fianna Fail
    RTE
    Milk Prices
    Bread Prices
    F'n EU
    Bringing their own tap water to Dublin in bottles(at least the guys I know do)

Having a rear wheel drive car and knowing it's a rear wheel drive car and driving it like a rear wheel drive car.

At the age of eight.

Being a culchie I would have to say tis a package of tayto and a can of finta lemon everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭yeahme

Being a culchie I would have to say tis a package of tayto and a can of finta lemon everytime.

Well if its meself im considering its the cheese and honion crisps and a glass bottle of coke that I like. especially after the taetime.

yeahme wrote: »
    Well if its meself im considering its the cheese and honion crisps and a glass bottle of coke that I like. especially after the taetime.

Well holy god you must be one of them big fancy folk that went to the big smoike and came back with your big ideas and your glass bottles and your cheese and honion and the like. The parish priest will be hearing about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭yeahme

Araa jaysis woman will ya shtop your whist, and leave me to enjoy me bacon and cabbage in peace, and as for the big shomke
    the only good thing in it is the road leading out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Cafe Kylemore on O'Connell St

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

EarlERizer wrote: »
    1. TK Red Lemonade
    2. Nodding sharply and saying "haw jayney o'course"
    3. Drink driving
    4. The Late Late show
    5. Glenroe DVD's
    6. GAA
    7. Painting everything in their county colours
    8. Hating Dubs
    9. Going to town
    10. Tea and a 'Hang' Sandwiches

continue....

How I miss thee...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Saying hello to people.
    Being neighbourly.
    Tayto crisps!
    Proper dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Well holy god you must be one of them big fancy folk that went to the big smoike and came back with your big ideas and your glass bottles and your cheese and honion and the like. The parish priest will be hearing about this.
    Araa jaysis woman will ya shtop your whist, and leave me to enjoy me bacon and cabbage in peace, and as for the big shomke
    the only good thing in it is the road leading out of it.

The two of ye should get married.......

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

They're probably related.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'Things that culchies like.'
    Making lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

kowloon wrote: »
    How I miss thee...:(

Why? Where'd it go?:eek:

Cavan cola, hate the stuff but everyone seemed to love it at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Not injecting heroin into both eyeballs at the same time while snorting lines of coke & eating heroin sandwiches & cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

We should just have a big fight between the culchies and the dubs to sort it out once and for all.

Well ta very much for pointing that out. What a splendid idea :rolleyes:. Twould be in the parish church and we would all sit on the one side cause we are all related after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

Well ta very much for pointing that out. What a splendid idea :rolleyes:. Twould be in the parish church and we would all sit on the one side cause we are all related after all.
    you could (the DO)in the barn ate barnbrack, (go for a roll in the hay) ask the dubs down make sure they wear baceball caps and runners over their pyjames say to the happy couple( a jasus howey bud.whats the storry ,this is my mot kimberley) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Being so obsessed with their capital, they have to talk about it on a thread devoted to all rural activities.

not taking things out of context!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

We should just have a big fight between the culchies and the dubs to sort it out once and for all.

needles against pitch forks, with the dubs outnumbered 3-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

sangwiches with butter (buh-her) so thick ... ya can see the skid marks of your teeth.
    waving at everybody you pass on the road.
    knowing that its going to rain because the local mountain looks further away - really close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

We'd batter them but it would be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

The dubs foot soldiers would be all the useless skanger junkies & the bogger foot soldiers would be all the inbred kids & mutant half farm animal/half human creatures.

Dubs would throw large hot cappafrappaigottheclappachinos & freshly used (empty of course) needles at the culchies & they would respond by throwing turf, spuds & breakfast rolls by the bucket load.

The dubs would probably win though because of their secret weapon. Giant pictures of escalators. T'would scare the sh!t out of the bogfolk. "Jaysus lads, wat da hell are dey??? run lads run....":eek:

• Advertisement

not taking things out of context!

I haven't. You get a chance to talk about all things good with rural living and all you can do is put down another part of the country? Boast about bigger houses and bigger gardens in comparison with Dublin?

Have some pride in your area, point out the good and if you have nothing good to say, say nothing. ;)

Advertisement